Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I would not have a rescued dog in my house, because you DON'T NO what your getting, as I
    have said theses breeds are not for everyone. Not many people understand what type of dog
    is suitable for them, Mastiffs and bull breeds are not for everyone, theses dogs need a firm hand
    and are a one man dog, theses Dogs are by nature are Guard dogs.
    Are they suitable as a pet, no not really big strong robust hard mouthed dogs, remember why
    was the dog,in a rescue center if you have dog of this breed that is nasty put it down.
    Chaps I bred dogs for 8years, I no a thing or 2 about dogs.
    What type of dogs did you breed?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

This was a sad story of the 4 year old being killed by the huge dog. She did not stand a chance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This was a sad story of the 4 year old being killed by the huge dog. She did not stand a chance.
    You'd make a great news anchor, Master.

I think she could have jabbed her way to a decision with a different mom myself, most dogs are suckers for the right hand and reluctant to close the distance once you land clean.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I would not have a rescued dog in my house, because you DON'T NO what your getting, as I
    have said theses breeds are not for everyone. Not many people understand what type of dog
    is suitable for them, Mastiffs and bull breeds are not for everyone, theses dogs need a firm hand
    Are they suitable as a pet, no not really big strong robust hard mouthed dogs, remember why
    was the dog,in a rescue center if you have dog of this breed that is nasty put it down.
    What do you think.!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welsh corgis as a slay team to drag you down the pub.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That dog deserves to get eaten, straight up. Marinate and get the grill ready

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mastiffs were predominantly bred as guard dogs, and normal take to one person, other breeds
    of dogs , Pit bull dog , presa canarios, large heavy boned breeds of dog, theses type of dogs are
    not for first time dog owners.
    When you consider owning a dog, think long and hard what traits you wish your dog to have,
    the mistake made by many people they basically no fuck all about dogs.
    Dogs that are popular at this moment are Staffs, they are pretty good with children but can
    be very intolerant of other dogs.
    Bull breeds in there nature, strong willed not the type of dog to be wondering the streets,
    trouble is when a breed of dog becomes popular, they are bred anyhow because people
    are out to make quick buck, great pity but it's the way of the World.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have had the same dog for thirty years. Every time it dies I bring it to the pet shop, throw it on the counter and tell them to give me another just like it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had to jump in and shoot two views on a Rotti who weighed in around 140 Monday. Suspected a fracture in lower limb but no clear indicators, no muzzle. Very easy going and well trained dog but still full of that characteristic assertiveness and 'being in front' for lack of a better term. Great family pet..but would I ever consider a Rott or like breed in my home or around a child, no f'n way. An injured or fearful dog reacting or biting is one thing but to have the literal body and mass 4,5 times over should they turn is something you don't get a do over on. People lose respect for the dog...it's not a 'Horsey', it's not a toy, its as good as its owner or situation and should never be taken for granted or assumed!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My female attacks her brother sometimes real bad and I'm usually the trigger. I'm not sure spaying her will change he but she his do soon. They are Karelian bear dogs with a thousand years of history. She ironically looks like a Tahltan bear dog which is extinct and her brother who is twice the size looks Karelian. She was the runt of the litter and was born with a chip on here shoulder. She defines the phrase its not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog. She's a mean little bitch towards all dogs but loves people. A buddy of mine said I should let them finish the fight but I'm worried about vet bills because once they are at it..its appearance looks like a fight to the death. I wanted to purchase a Cane Corso before I got them but saved them instead.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My heart goes out to the girl and the family, it's just terrible.

But I will say I'm 100% against breed specific banning. I don't believe that dogs are inherently bad, but rather become that way through negligence from the owner.

There are certain dogs with a predisposition towards certain undesirable aggressive behaviours, and if you're going to own one of these breeds (pitbulls, rottweilers, dobermans, bulldogs, ect), it comes with a certain amount of responsibility.

I have a year old 100+ lb purebred rottweiler. Before I bought him, I did the research and knew what I was getting into, and from the day I got him I made sure I trained and socialized him and brought him up right. When I bring him to the dog park, people are always surprised at how friendly he is with people, kids, and other dogs.

The problem is, too many times you get complete MEATHEADS owning pitbulls, rotties, bulldogs, ect because they want to own the "tough" dog and they don't do the right things, and eventually the dog becomes a liability. They don't train or socialize the dog, and then the dog gets blamed when he acts out. It really is sad.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I had to jump in and shoot two views on a Rotti who weighed in around 140 Monday. Suspected a fracture in lower limb but no clear indicators, no muzzle. Very easy going and well trained dog but still full of that characteristic assertiveness and 'being in front' for lack of a better term. Great family pet..but would I ever consider a Rott or like breed in my home or around a child, no f'n way.
    It really is how you raise them, I've had no problems with my Rotti thus far with people or children.

I think the big problem is rotties and pitbulls in particular attract the macho, "gangsta" wanna be types who aren't doing the responsible things. Because these are big dogs with massive stopping power who can do real bad things when they aren't brought up right.

Mine is a great family dog, gets along with kids, my siblings, my folks, ect.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    My female attacks her brother sometimes real bad and I'm usually the trigger. I'm not sure spaying her will change he but she his do soon. They are Karelian bear dogs with a thousand years of history. She ironically looks like a Tahltan bear dog which is extinct and her brother who is twice the size looks Karelian. She was the runt of the litter and was born with a chip on here shoulder. She defines the phrase its not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog. She's a mean little bitch towards all dogs but loves people. A buddy of mine said I should let them finish the fight but I'm worried about vet bills because once they are at it..its appearance looks like a fight to the death. I wanted to purchase a Cane Corso before I got them but saved them instead.

Is that one of your dogs? Awesome dog, looks like a panther.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    My heart goes out to the girl and the family, it's just terrible.

But I will say I'm 100% against breed specific banning. I don't believe that dogs are inherently bad, but rather become that way through negligence from the owner.

There are certain dogs with a predisposition towards certain undesirable aggressive behaviours, and if you're going to own one of these breeds (pitbulls, rottweilers, dobermans, bulldogs, ect), it comes with a certain amount of responsibility.

I have a year old 100+ lb purebred rottweiler. Before I bought him, I did the research and knew what I was getting into, and from the day I got him I made sure I trained and socialized him and brought him up right. When I bring him to the dog park, people are always surprised at how friendly he is with people, kids, and other dogs.

The problem is, too many times you get complete MEATHEADS owning pitbulls, rotties, bulldogs, ect because they want to own the "tough" dog and they don't do the right things, and eventually the dog becomes a liability. They don't train or socialize the dog, and then the dog gets blamed when he acts out. It really is sad.
    They also sense fear and dont respect it at all in any size of human.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What do you think.!
    Calm down dia.

Has that aggression come from your dogs?

Thread Information