Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another girl mauled to death by dog.

If you had control over the dog laws..what would you change to prevent this ever happening?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487849/Leicester-girl-dies-bitten-dog-Mountsorrel.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

Sad, doubt there's any legal issue over it though. Sounds like a tragic case, must have been horrific for the mom. Just looking at the picture of the poor girl next to that big ugly mutt my first thought was I would never let those two things together unsupervised under any circumstance, but I'm sure the mom really believed it was friendly. Thing is if it's a rescue dog in a new home you never know for sure. If you have small children it isn't worth a snowballs chance in hell anything could ever happen just so you can have a freaking pet as well.

Maybe there should be more onus on either the shelters or people rescuing dogs to actually know what kind of temperament the creature has before you allow it into a home with small children. Could be that the mutt should have just been shot as many of these stupid pit bulls and other aggressive breeds should be, I don't know.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Education. You are never going to prevent tragedies like this from EVER happening but you can reduce the likelihood of them occurring. Re-homing a rescue dog is not a good idead for somebody with a small child. Re-homing a rescue dog who clearly has a number of breeds in it that are all bull based with a musculature and bite that strong should again make alarm bells ring. Any dog can bite but a dog that strong and a child that small is a recipe for disaster should everything go wrong.

THIS IS NOT THE DOG THAT KILLED HER
    but what the hell was whoever let this situation happen thinking ?

Any animal however loving and loyal, has a unpredictable element to it's nature. As a parent you try to protect your child from risk but you can not then introduce such an element of risk into a young child's home and be surprised when a dog you have to walk with a harness who is three times that childs weight and was originally bred for bull baiting suddenly reveals itself to be a danger.

THIS IS THE DOG THAT KILLED HER

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly.. I have a big husky cross that I rescued, he's the friendliest guy in the world but he has barked at kids in parks etc before so I no longer take him there off leash( I love how this is my biggest interaction with children). Wouldn't dream of letting him alone with a small kid no matter what though, if he ever bit a child in any fashion I would be half tempted to stab him myself and I'm about as sure as you can be he wouldn't do anything.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just another reason to get a cat. I started a thread to warn everyone but no one listened. A cat might have just scratched the poor little girl to teach her a lesson. The cat is smart enough to know that a scratch and a hiss are enough to teach a person, they wouldn't feel the need to exert enough energy to maul someone. Very sad for the little girl and her family. In all seriousness perhaps it is not the wisest thing to do to leave a child unattended with a dog but that scene plays out a million times a day with no adverse effects. I can tell you one cat I had years ago became very aggressive. My neighbors actually complained to me that my cat was beating up their German Shepard. It was funny at first but he got worse and actually attacked a family member. I brought him to the vet only to find he had a brain tumor that led to his aggressiveness. I had to put him down. Moral of the story being this shit happens, love your pet but be aware

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your neighbours German Shepard was a bitch then. My dog would eat any cat smaller than a Lynx if they were in a room together, but a cat would be way more likely to do anything to a kid. If cats were the size of a bulldog they would be murderers.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Your neighbours German Shepard was a bitch then. My dog would eat any cat smaller than a Lynx if they were in a room together, but a cat would be way more likely to do anything to a kid. If cats were the size of a bulldog they would be murderers.
    To be honest I have had both cats and dogs. When a dog runs at a cat the cat usually runs away. If the cat didn't run the dog sometimes doesn't know what to do. That's when the cat takes advantage of the confusion and lands on the dog with twenty claws sticking out. I have seen happen many times. And yes, there are dogs who would continue at the cat ripping it to pieces but there are also cats that will gladly fight to the death getting the dog pretty good in the process.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disappointed I thought this was a recipe.

Preparing Your Cat for a New Baby | ASPCA
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    To be honest I have had both cats and dogs. When a dog runs at a cat the cat usually runs away. If the cat didn't run the dog sometimes doesn't know what to do. That's when the cat takes advantage of the confusion and lands on the dog with twenty claws sticking out. I have seen happen many times. And yes, there are dogs who would continue at the cat ripping it to pieces but there are also cats that will gladly fight to the death getting the dog pretty good in the process.

Haha fair enough, was only being silly but that's true. My dogs very chipper and friendly but he was almost feral when they found him, had run away from an Indian reservation. I'm pretty sure he still has some serious prey drive and would literally eat a cat without confusion. He's almost 110 pounds and really lean though so not your average mutt.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cats are responsible for the deaths of 3 billion song birds a year. This is because of irresponsible cat owners who dont like to clean a litter box. I'd catch my neighbours cats near my bird feeder all the time and scare them off but never really knew which neighbour housed them. After I got my little bear dogs they have never been back. They saw one under my deck when they were about 6 months old which was 1 and a half years ago and there has never been one near my place. The cat was lucky to make it to the fence at which point it appeared to take flight. Either one like @p4pking 's husky would kill and most likely eat part of or all of a cat. I have no wish for that to happen cause I love cats and had two that died of old age before I got my dogs. I never let them out. Not just because of birds but because up here they are a prey item.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I was disappointed I thought this was a recipe.

Preparing Your Cat for a New Baby | ASPCA
    I dislike your thoughts that cats should be eaten by babies but the way you linked it together was quite funny. Of course babies shouldn't eat cats, way too much hair.I read that article and it is just stupid. A cat gets ready for anything on its own. If it's in his house it belongs to him by default anyway.The cat will see the baby and realise he has another servant when the little kid gets older. It's all good for him.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Cats are responsible for the deaths of 3 billion song birds a year. This is because of irresponsible cat owners who dont like to clean a litter box. I'd catch my neighbours cats near my bird feeder all the time and scare them off but never really knew which neighbour housed them. After I got my little bear dogs they have never been back. They saw one under my deck when they were about 6 months old which was 1 and a half years ago and there has never been one near my place. The cat was lucky to make it to the fence at which point it appeared to take flight. Either one like @p4pking 's husky would kill and most likely eat part of or all of a cat. I have no wish for that to happen cause I love cats and had two that died of old age before I got my dogs. I never let them out. Not just because of birds but because up here they are a prey item.
    You are complaining about cats killing birds? Didn't you ever see Hitchcocks movie. If cats kill three billion birds a year and there are still this many of them in the sky we should be thanking cats. How bad would statues look if it weren't for cats.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Songbirds... If cats could kill crows then they might be more worthy of consideration as decent animals.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    You are complaining about cats killing birds? Didn't you ever see Hitchcocks movie. If cats kill three billion birds a year and there are still this many of them in the sky we should be thanking cats. How bad would statues look if it weren't for cats.
    Thats right and what does a fantasy have to do with reality? Why should we be thanking cats? Bird populations all over this planet are dangerously low and the amount of endangered species is almost comparable to life in the oceans. Do bird diversity a favour and clean your litter box or dont get a cat.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've actually thought about a Hitchcock style "Cats" movie before, it could work.

Thread Information