0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am i becoming a homo

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    People who hunt are d£&kheads.
    Cowards.

Excuse language
    What makes a hunter a dickhead and/or coward? I have a freezer full of venison, dove, duck, quail, geese, fish, crab, and I think I still have a rabbit as well. I harvested them all. In fact I can smell the hunter's chili Mrs. VC is making right now. I spent just about every weekend since August scouting and over the last month have harvested two bucks and a doe with my bow. I will probably take 3 more before the season is over and then I'll feed my family with their venison for the year. Hunters do more for conservation than any group. They provide much needed population control and fight fiercely to protect wildlife areas. It is much more important for hunters to police their own and take care of hunting lands b/c there is always some ignorant limp wristed moron wanting to save the planet while having no understanding of how the ecosystem works. No one disagrees that shooting an animal and just leaving it to rot is poor form but for starters this is a miniscule amount of hunters. Making a bigoted generalization about hunters b/c of a handful of incidents would be no different than saying all environmentalists are murderers b/c of a handful of eco-terrorists.

Hunting plays a key role in habitat conservation | Free-Eco.org

Conservation Force

Conserving Texas Prairie Wetlands

Texas Prairie Wetlands Project
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    People who hunt are d£&kheads.
    Cowards.

Excuse language
    What makes a hunter a dickhead and/or coward? I have a freezer full of venison, dove, duck, quail, geese, fish, crab, and I think I still have a rabbit as well. I harvested them all. In fact I can smell the hunter's chili Mrs. VC is making right now. I spent just about every weekend since August scouting and over the last month have harvested two bucks and a doe with my bow. I will probably take 3 more before the season is over and then I'll feed my family with their venison for the year. Hunters do more for conservation than any group. They provide much needed population control and fight fiercely to protect wildlife areas. It is much more important for hunters to police their own and take care of hunting lands b/c there is always some ignorant limp wristed moron wanting to save the planet while having no understanding of how the ecosystem works. No one disagrees that shooting an animal and just leaving it to rot is poor form but for starters this is a miniscule amount of hunters. Making a bigoted generalization about hunters b/c of a handful of incidents would be no different than saying all environmentalists are murderers b/c of a handful of eco-terrorists.

Hunting plays a key role in habitat conservation | Free-Eco.org

Conservation Force

Conserving Texas Prairie Wetlands

Texas Prairie Wetlands Project
    Nice, bow hunting is quite a skill. I never hunted with a bow but I love to shoot targets with one. I became quite accurate. The few times I did hunt I was scared to use one as I was not confident I could take down a deer with one shot. I am very paranoid about wounding the animal and not being able to track it and finish it off. Do you take down your fowl with a bow?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish I was good enough to shoot fowl with a bow. I have taken a turkey but that isn't quite the same thing. I have a beretta over/under 12 ga that I do just about all my other bird hunting with. If you put an arrow right behind the shoulder you should pierce the lungs and heart and not have to track the deer much more than 30 yards. When possible I simply try to put one through the base of the skull. I used to hunt w/a rifle but really enjoy the challenge of bow hunting. You have to get much closer to the animal and it takes a lot more skill.
    Last edited by VictorCharlie; 12-08-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    From the family name Sapien.
    Can a mod delete this and the Andre post I have quoted.:-P