Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime broadcast team during the Maidana VS Broner fight

We've all seen fights where HBO broadcast team really favors, points out, and glorifies everything their house fighter does, think Nonito Donaire, Manny Pacquiao, Oscar Dela Hoya for the most part everything Lampley, Kellerman, and Roy Jones is skewed towards the house fighter and how awesome they are.

So last weekends fight on Showtime when the house fighter (Broner) was getting his ass handed to him the broadcast team was, in my opinion, very neutral and calling what they were seeing. Now most of this was due to Maidana taking care of business to the point where you couldn't really misinterpret what you were seeing but still I never got the feeling like they were trying to sway my opinion one way or another.

In general the Showtime team is growing on me, Paulie is an expert commentator as was Antonio Tarver, Mauro doesn't exactly do it for me but he's light years better then Gus Johnson was, I couldn't stand that guy. I like Al Bernstein, he's a younger, coherent, and more insightful Larry Merchant. And most importantly I never feel like they are trying to sell me on their house fighter

24/7 is done better than All Access, Liev Shrieber is the Michael Buffer of narration the only way Showtime beats that is if they hire Morgan Freeman to narrate All Access. Showtime thought outside the box however with the epilogue episode of All Access, they show camera angles that weren't regularly seen on boxing telecasts. Showing the immediate aftermath of what the fighters go through after a matach is interesting. Overall I still feel HBO gives their telecasts a bigger ore high profile feel during their promotions and their team seems to be more the A team with Showtime being the B side.

Who do you guys think is winning the HBO VS Showtime battle in boxing?
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Bernstein and I've come to like Paulie as a fighter and commentator. However his score after 6 rounds was ludicrous. They were doing damage control but not nearly as bad as HBO has in the past.

Thread Information