Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: To my fellow Americans

First of all i would like to say, i'm not an American, But i live there part-time. I do belive that it's a great place to live, Most people are really nice, everybody doesn't look that good but they are nice to talk to.

And i have no clue about their economy, just know that the IRS is a pain in the ass.

Anyway America means a lot to me, thats where i make my money, my work. Without it I wouldn't be who i am today. It's not only work, whenever i'm over there a few times a year, it feels like a vacation too. It's a land of opportunities, like no where else, especially in southern California which I'm familiar with. For example, i'm interested in a helicopter certificate, i do it in the states for half the price, i just call them up and in the next 30 minutes i be in the air if i want too. It's not possible where i'm from (Sweden)

The food is great with good servings, top quality, nice restaurant and fantastic prices, might depends where you go but mostly you get good servings, as I'm talking about proper food, no fast food chains.
    But on the other hand i think it might be a rough country to live in too. Hard to get a decent job, Prices in hospitals are ridiculous high, Traffic is terrible and while it's rush hour you don't wanna be out there. and the quality of their roads are terrible, even though it always maintenance but they always want to fix stuff as fast as possible, no feelings for quality. and 3 months later they back doing the same job they was doing 3 months ago, and they have electricity in the air still. These stuff cost heaps of money to fix, but i say it again, i have no clue about Americas economy.

Most Scandinavian people see Americans as they are dumb or stupid. i'm not making this up! but i just think they are a bit less educated.

Overall i love America, and this is the feeling i got from the states after 32 visits in the last 20 years and please don't judge don't wanna upset someone, this is my opinion.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    First of all i would like to say, i'm not an American, But i live there part-time. I do belive that it's a great place to live, Most people are really nice, everybody doesn't look that good but they are nice to talk to.

And i have no clue about their economy, just know that the IRS is a pain in the ass.

Anyway America means a lot to me, thats where i make my money, my work. Without it I wouldn't be who i am today. It's not only work, whenever i'm over there a few times a year, it feels like a vacation too. It's a land of opportunities, like no where else, especially in southern California which I'm familiar with. For example, i'm interested in a helicopter certificate, i do it in the states for half the price, i just call them up and in the next 30 minutes i be in the air if i want too. It's not possible where i'm from (Sweden)

The food is great with good servings, top quality, nice restaurant and fantastic prices, might depends where you go but mostly you get good servings, as I'm talking about proper food, no fast food chains.
    But on the other hand i think it might be a rough country to live in too. Hard to get a decent job, Prices in hospitals are ridiculous high, Traffic is terrible and while it's rush hour you don't wanna be out there. and the quality of their roads are terrible, even though it always maintenance but they always want to fix stuff as fast as possible, no feelings for quality. and 3 months later they back doing the same job they was doing 3 months ago, and they have electricity in the air still. These stuff cost heaps of money to fix, but i say it again, i have no clue about Americas economy.

Most Scandinavian people see Americans as they are dumb or stupid. i'm not making this up! but i just think they are a bit less educated.

Overall i love America, and this is the feeling i got from the states after 32 visits in the last 20 years and please don't judge don't wanna upset someone, this is my opinion.
    Nothing wrong with what you said. Roads are bad in certain areas but nice in the Midwest. California is notorious for bad traffic. I live on the east coast, traffic is not that bad. Interesting to hear you say we don't look that good. Other than that, you have some validity to your observations.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post

Nothing wrong with what you said. Roads are bad in certain areas but nice in the Midwest. California is notorious for bad traffic. I live on the east coast, traffic is not that bad. Interesting to hear you say we don't look that good. Other than that, you have some validity to your observations.
    As i mean dont look that good i don't mean any personally, i mean average, like old soldiers, you see people walk down the street with no arms, a lot of people in wheel chairs, really over weight people. It's normal in the states to see this, but i rarely see it home, i do but not as much.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a lot of it again with those freedoms is the need to be self sustaining and responsible. Be it with education or what you eat the choices are limitless. Spot on about roads Xwetie. I do see a lot of short term thinking, we like things instant. The infrastructure of bridges, highways down to the simplest strip mall are not always the best or thought out. We build and build but just as soon close down store fronts. Locally we are infamous for our pot holes and the parish to parish or State infighting with funding of key city departments, maintenance and upkeep. They fix things with a half ass approach with little concern for real solution with local roadworks. The planning was seemingly done by someone who had only driven in video games and not the real world or the elements. I've driven across the country many times but the feeder roads, on ramps and off ramps in this city are death traps. You can close your eyes and tell when you hit the State lines on the highway..from bump bump bump to smoooooth drive in an instant when you hit Mississippi for example. Some of the biggest pot holes have names and corner stores will tell you give running counts on the wrecks.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-02-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be a good American means you have to be willing to take it up the ass everyday.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    To be a good American means you have to be willing to take it up the ass everyday.
    Miles, did you hijack this guy's account

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

means I was born in a place that the sky was supposedly the limit and all things would come out good if you put the hard work in. Thing is, that ended in like 1970. I put the hard work into a Masters degree and sent out over 1,250 resumes/CVs to Fortune 500 marketing departments..............no $50 thousand dollar a year starting offer for a fresh graduate and kept sending and sending..........to no avail. no interviews........nothing
    rejection letters and 65 thousand dollars of student loans to pay back from a BA and a Masters. Had to take $14 dollar an hour customer service jobs just to pay the rent and survive and became very bitter............the scam that university is..........the scam that America is...........

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Miles, did you hijack this guy's account
    Just thought I would teach the NSA that I know a trick or two.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    means I was born in a place that the sky was supposedly the limit and all things would come out good if you put the hard work in. Thing is, that ended in like 1970. I put the hard work into a Masters degree and sent out over 1,250 resumes/CVs to Fortune 500 marketing departments..............no $50 thousand dollar a year starting offer for a fresh graduate and kept sending and sending..........to no avail. no interviews........nothing
    rejection letters and 65 thousand dollars of student loans to pay back from a BA and a Masters. Had to take $14 dollar an hour customer service jobs just to pay the rent and survive and became very bitter............the scam that university is..........the scam that America is...........
    My Daughter just got her Masters. She's in the same boat. She is talking about moving to Canada or Europe. Now that's sad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/QUOTE]
    My Daughter just got her Masters. She's in the same boat. She is talking about moving to Canada or Europe. Now that's sad.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Europe the job market is kinda low at the moment. About the same as in US. I went to Australia and i found heaps of work, even got asked a lot, and it's quite sunny. But Canada doesn't sound that bad tho!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    My Daughter just got her Masters. She's in the same boat. She is talking about moving to Canada or Europe. Now that's sad.
    She needs work experience, that helps to get her on the job ladder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    What does being American mean to you?

No judgement, I'm just interested in your opinions.
    America was a nation established under God with Jesus as a king
    Eventually, America got corrupted and transformed into spritual Sodom and Egypt, ruled by Satan
    Not true. The "under god" bit only got added to various nationalistic phrases and pledges in the 1950s.

Do you believe in the one true god? Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

America is a business.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)