Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Assassin's Creed 4

What a brilliant game this is. I bought this having read a few reviews and with no prior knowledge of the previous games and being a new character it doesn't matter anyway. Like GTA in that regard I suppose. In this you play a pirate looking to make his fortune and on the way get mixed up in some shenanigan's about templars and their global spying antics. It's a lovely looking game even on the aged PS3 and being an open world game you travel the oceans looking for treasure, get to attack ships in epic combat, and sing shanties with your crew.

I think I am enjoying this game more than GTA5 as GTA5 is somewhat like the real world today and it's a bit depressing in that regard. Instead the life of a pirate is a world of discovery and every island is somewhere new. You can sail on huge waves in hurricanes, watch the sun go down over the ocean the next day, and then get blotto on rum having discovered several batches of hidden treasure. In some ways it is an ocean based costume GTA.

Has anyone else played this game? If not then, then it has my hearty endorsement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pI-f_GqJFo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 4

Yeah Black Flags a great game, I've been a fan of the series from the start and this is my joint favourite along with Assassin's Creed 2. I think having a ship in a free roam world helps the game a lot, in the last game one map was just called 'the wilderness' and there was no motivation to explore it at all whilst in this one you've got several islands, few loading screens and lots of ships to loot Any ideas on what the next Assassins Creed will be? I hope this isnt the end of the franchise
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    What a brilliant game this is. I bought this having read a few reviews and with no prior knowledge of the previous games and being a new character it doesn't matter anyway. Like GTA in that regard I suppose. In this you play a pirate looking to make his fortune and on the way get mixed up in some shenanigan's about templars and their global spying antics. It's a lovely looking game even on the aged PS3 and being an open world game you travel the oceans looking for treasure, get to attack ships in epic combat, and sing shanties with your crew.

I think I am enjoying this game more than GTA5 as GTA5 is somewhat like the real world today and it's a bit depressing in that regard. Instead the life of a pirate is a world of discovery and every island is somewhere new. You can sail on huge waves in hurricanes, watch the sun go down over the ocean the next day, and then get blotto on rum having discovered several batches of hidden treasure. In some ways it is an ocean based costume GTA.

Has anyone else played this game? If not then, then it has my hearty endorsement.

You are so fucking gay miles

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks rubbish, Batman is better than that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It looks rubbish, Batman is better than that.
    Assassin's Creed is a good line of games but miles is just really gay in his description of it.

In this you play a pirate looking to make his fortune and on the way get mixed up in some shenanigan's about templars and their global spying antics. It's a lovely looking game even on the aged PS3 and being an open world game you travel the oceans looking for treasure, get to attack ships in epic combat, and sing shanties with your crew.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not rubbish, it is a lot of fun. The ocean battles in particular are a delight. Good call on batman though as I haven't played it and should. There are a few of them too, so could be a lot of gameplay in them. Will check them out.

Lyle, there is nothing gay about expressing ones love of being a pirate. Even if wearing fancy costumes and growing your hair long was to be deemed gay, I would wear it like a badge of honour.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Yes my 14 year old niece enjoys playing video games also Miles.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the combat from the 3rd one a lot more. It was fluid and fast and the enemies weren't standing around waiting for their turn to die (like AC 1-Revelations). I've only played the online which is really fun, haven't got around to the single player.

Personally, I think they had a great story if they kept it to just Templars vs Assassins. The alien thing is too much. Although I like how they made our history fit with their story.
    R.I.P. Diego "Chico" CorralesHidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I finished it today and part of me was relieved as 60 hours on a game is a serious amount of life, when half of it is sailing to islands collecting coins. That got repetitive towards the end, but all in all a very fun game. No more games for me, as they take up too much time. I want to get back to the real world again.

Thread Information