Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adrian Broner will never be the same, if he comes back AT ALL

Joe Frazier came back after the clubbing he took in Kingston, Jamaica, but he was just a shell of his former self. Those shots that Miadana continually landed were full-torso leveraged shots to the kidneys, liver, and head of Broner. I was wincing last night re-watching it. Shots were reverberating loudly, whacking sort of crunching sounds, deep impact shots, they were not slapping. Broner took such a beating, the fight should have been stopped IMO. His pride and his trash-talking made it imposssibe for him to quit. Like Frazier getting up 6 frikkin times against Foreman, too proud,it cost him his health from that point on.

Adrian Broner aged 5 years that night. Maidana has the highest KO percentage in the division, for a good reason. He is a puncher, a clubber, a rough housing mauler, my kinda style for fighters. Aaron Pryor, Roberto Duran, George Foreman, Rcoky Marciano, Jack Dempsey, these are my favorites.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are very funny in a strange and deranged way. Broner was knocked on his ass a couple of times and lost a fight, he did not take a bullet to the head. He was not in a coma for months, nor did he need a long convalescence after brain surgery.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrian Broner will never be the same, if he comes back AT ALL

It's probably better to take a hard shot and not get up from it than to carry on getting clubbed for 12 rounds. The Maidana fight was a war and Broner took most of the damage. My take on Broner is that he is very strange and had no real need to jump 2 weight classes and stay there. The Malignaggi fight alone should have told him to feel his way into the division first or maybe take a hint from the fact that Malignaggi found him so easy to hit.

Broner reminds me far more of Andre Berto than Floyd Mayweather and that isn't a sign of greatness.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's probably better to take a hard shot and not get up from it than to carry on getting clubbed for 12 rounds. The Maidana fight was a war and Broner took most of the damage. My take on Broner is that he is very strange and had no real need to jump 2 weight classes and stay there. The Malignaggi fight alone should have told him to feel his way into the division first or maybe take a hint from the fact that Malignaggi found him so easy to hit.

Broner reminds me far more of Andre Berto than Floyd Mayweather and that isn't a sign of greatness.
    nor did Frazier need brain surgery, and he was shot to hell after Foreman.

Miles is right on--Broner is a mentalmidget dying to copy he Mayweather. Only he is no Mayweather. He is a posing, posturing clown who has zero talent. Nor wil he be back in the ring. Adran Bone-Head will never again be back in th ring, OR he will be a washed-out version

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Miles is right on--Broner is a mentalmidget dying to copy he Mayweather. Only he is no Mayweather. He is a posing, posturing clown who has zero talent. Nor wil he be back in the ring. Adran Bone-Head will never again be back in th ring, OR he will be a washed-out version

If he never is the same, or gets his ass beaten again- good for that cocky mf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Frazier Foreman 1, Frazier went on to KO Jerry Quarry and Jimmy Ellis. Not to mention 2 of the greatest fights of all time with Ali. He wasn't washed up in any of those fights.

By the time he fought Foreman again he was 32 years old and for fighters with Fraziers style that's considered old.

I cant sit here and say the Maidana loss will or will not negatively effect Broners career. There has been many fighters who have received good beatings and not been the same.

I can say he showed a true fighters spirit while recievng the beating. He got up, kept fighting and had winning on his mind the whole time. He didn't seem to break imo.

And Broner didn't get beat up that bad. Sure he got beat on but it wasn't horrible. (I will go back and watch again)

I do agree that he tries to fight like Floyd to much. He doesn't just use the philly, he tries to use just like Floyd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to change his style up. Standing still and letting guys tee off on him is a recipe for mediocrity.

Broner took an ass whooping, whether or not this going to mark a downward spiral for him or he's going to learn from it remains to be seen.

Personally he doesn't seem like he has the maturity and/or intelligence to learn from it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner really did take a beating in that fight and there's no way of knowing how much it took out of him until he's back in the ring. He's not helping himself with his lifestyle outside the ring either. He's not going to be a TV attraction very much longer.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He showed heart and courage but that was not that bad a beating.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will definately be hard for him to come back, but I think he showed a lot of guts to get up from the knock downs in that fight. His team should of moved him back down after the Paulie fight really, he needed more time to hone his craft before he became a big name, let alone another Mayweather.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Broner will come back better I hope the loss improves him and he becomes a 'Problem' again
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    I think Broner will come back better I hope the loss improves him and he becomes a 'Problem' again
    only people he was a problem for were guys he was bigger than, cause Malignaggi got ripped off, and Maidana whooped his ass.....dominantly, that's why I wouldn't be shocked if Maidana does a repeat cause he beat that ass convincingly only thing would be him to get a stoppage

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post

After Frazier Foreman 1, Frazier went on to KO Jerry Quarry and Jimmy Ellis. Not to mention 2 of the greatest fights of all time with Ali. He wasn't washed up in any of those fights.

By the time he fought Foreman again he was 32 years old and for fighters with Fraziers style that's considered old.

I cant sit here and say the Maidana loss will or will not negatively effect Broners career. There has been many fighters who have received good beatings and not been the same.

I can say he showed a true fighters spirit while recievng the beating. He got up, kept fighting and had winning on his mind the whole time. He didn't seem to break imo.

And Broner didn't get beat up that bad. Sure he got beat on but it wasn't horrible. (I will go back and watch again)

I do agree that he tries to fight like Floyd to much. He doesn't just use the philly, he tries to use just like Floyd.
    I agree with you, Sir. If he stands in front of Maidana, trying to dodge big shots again, he'll get knocked in his ass, again.
    He has to use the jab more, throw a hell of a lot more punches and move, move, move.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Broner can come back as long as he has the right opponent for his next fight. He needs to drop to 140 and maybe fight Peterson or Judah. Just take a winnable fight against a name. Getting knocked down by Maidana doesn't mean you have a bad chin but I'd steer clear of anyone with top class KO power for a couple of fights.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I think Broner can come back as long as he has the right opponent for his next fight. He needs to drop to 140 and maybe fight Peterson or Judah. Just take a winnable fight against a name. Getting knocked down by Maidana doesn't mean you have a bad chin but I'd steer clear of anyone with top class KO power for a couple of fights.
    Agreed, but he is determined to rematch Maidana, or so he says. With Floyd taking his fight (rematch) away from him, I really don't know what's going on.

Thread Information