Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum Does It Again!

Reports in Arum putting a halt on a potential Gamboa vs M. Garcia fight. Because Gam walked away from a Rios fight. I can understand Arum being bitter. But can't understand Arum slowing the career down for Garcia. I truly was wanting on that fight. And FIGHT FANS wanted that fight.

Nonetheless, Arum is going to try match Garcia up against Takashi Uchiyama(who?). People don't know who he is. And if Arum really wanna throw Garcia name out there for a future opponent to Pacman, Garcia needs to be in fights that's going to boost his career.

How do you see a fight against Terrence Crawford vs Mikey Garcia at 135

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum Does It Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Reports in Arum putting a halt on a potential Gamboa vs M. Garcia fight. Because Gam walked away from a Rios fight. I can understand Arum being bitter. But can't understand Arum slowing the career down for Garcia. I truly was wanting on that fight. And FIGHT FANS wanted that fight.

Nonetheless, Arum is going to try match Garcia up against Takashi Uchiyama(who?). People don't know who he is. And if Arum really wanna throw Garcia name out there for a future opponent to Pacman, Garcia needs to be in fights that's going to boost his career.

How do you see a fight against Terrence Crawford vs Mikey Garcia at 135
    Seriously dude u dont know who uchiyama is and you are knocking on the matchup?

Uchiyama is a battle tested champion and he's actually a much harder task than gamboa.. im actually surprised that arum has him in mind cuz I find it hard to believe really.

Crawford and uchiayama are both better than gamboa and if he really fights one of these guys, that's all good.. no complaints there..

Fyi, crawford beat garcia in the ams and I think he can do the same as a pro... but u know what, knowjng arum style, I dont see why he would match up two of his best young talents this soon.. its not his style..

And regarding gamboa, I heard he priced himself out.. he's asking for too much money and HBO dont feel like he's worth the amount he's asking for.. it's not always arums fault..

Whatever man. If garcia fightx uchiyama, that's a dam good fight but I dont believe it till its signed..

Arum better be paying uchiyama shitload of money for him to fight in the states cuz he makes good money in japan, and I know garcja aint gonna travel to japan..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with Finito on this one. Isn't Gamboa retired anyway?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd also prefer Garcia-Uchiyama over Gamby

Mikey schools Crawford in the pros
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post

From what I know, Crawford beat mikey 2x in the ams and he also beat danny garcia, both guys with ease...

Crawford is used to fighting bigger men as a pro while mikey is barely getting his feet wet at 130 although he is a big guy and has a title at the weight..

Garcia wouldnt school crawford, let alone beat him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

From what I know, Crawford beat mikey 2x in the ams and he also beat danny garcia, both guys with ease...

Crawford is used to fighting bigger men as a pro while mikey is barely getting his feet wet at 130 although he is a big guy and has a title at the weight..

Yes I know Crawford won in the amateurs but this is the pros Mikey's style has always been much better suited to the pro ranks Garcia does what always does and dominates here

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I know Crawford won in the amateurs but this is the pros Mikey's style has always been much better suited to the pro ranks Garcia does what always does and dominates here
    Mikey's style is better suited for the pros? Haha who says?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Says me there is a long list of pro's that have defeated their amateur rivals your better than this son

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamboa has to have some of the most inept management known to active fighters His whole roll out, presentation and execution can be summed up with..Fubar. I don't get Arums bitterness totally, and it would on paper be a decent 'event' but also Gamboa has gone stale and if anything he can still punch. For a guy spouting Garcia v Manny mentions etc..I think Arum sees Gamboa as a wreckless Bull in Garcias stage well crafted production and one whos push has worn off. That was all very Cybil, I know.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Says me there is a long list of pro's that have defeated their amateur rivals your better than this son
    Yea, if their amateur rival turned out to be a bust in the pros but that isnt the case with crawford..

Crawford has been elevating after each fight and he's now a champion, just like mikey..

But the difference is, crawford has been fighting bigger opponents and is a champion at a bigger weight division.. that is crucial and ur keep ignoring it..

Come back to me when mikey actually travels to hostile territory to win a title...

Crawford has already been there..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea, if their amateur rival turned out to be a bust in the pros but that isnt the case with crawford..

Crawford has been elevating after each fight and he's now a champion, just like mikey..

But the difference is, crawford has been fighting bigger opponents and is a champion at a bigger weight division.. that is crucial and ur keep ignoring it..

Come back to me when mikey actually travels to hostile territory to win a title...

Crawford has already been there..
    And he looked less than stellar doing it

I'm not ignoring the weight. If the fight is made at 135 I still pick Garcia to win Crawford's style is not the sort that weight is going to give much of an advantage

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did not realise Crawford and Mikey had history but it would be a great fight if it got made.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information