Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PacMan vs Mayweather a few years back, prime for prime (or thereabouts)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PacMan vs Mayweather a few years back, prime for prime (or thereabouts)

If you'd asked me before Pac was viciously KO'd by Marquez and before Floyd had handily fought Alvarez to a "lopsided SD", I would have backed Manny all the way to have crushed that defence.

However, as things go it is what it is. From what I've seen now, as much as I would will Pac to win, if the duck ever did develop the balls to put it all on the line, I think he'd be successful.

But back before all that, how many of you think Floyd could have clowned the primer version of Pac?

I still like to have faith that at one time, Manny would have overwhelmed the quacker!!

I don't think I've ever seen such breathtaking performances against such high quality opponents!!

Oscar De La Hoya
    Ricky Hatton
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Erik Morales

These are supreme boxers and some tremendous fights!

Now THAT'S a boxer!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PacMan vs Mayweather a few years back, prime for prime (or thereabouts)

Since Floyd thinks of pacman as some superhuman on drugs, he would definitely be very timid in this fight. He would be more defensive than usual using his legs a lot more and basically, he would fight like a ho.

It would kind of look like Jermain Taylor-Hopkins 1 but a little more clear cut imo.

Floyd would land the cleaner blows but pac would trump him in workrate and at the end, the media darling, the peoples champion pac would get the nod.

Floyd and his fake ass goons along with his black fans would call robbery.

That's how I see it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PacMan vs Mayweather a few years back, prime for prime (or thereabouts)

That would be a Cinderella ending for me my man El Dinamita!

Alas, sorry to say. We'll probably never know

When Pac is on his A game, that combination of speed, power and volume is something Floyd would have to find atleast a little overwhelming.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just never saw Pac beating Floyd. For sure he had a great puncher's chance, but the trouble JMM gave him with speed and accurate counter punching always told me that Mayweather would have nullified him and landed the clean punches.

The rule of boxing that gets neglected the most on these forums is that STYLES MAKE FIGHTS. It never ceased to amaze me the logic that people would come up with for thinking that Pac was going to kill Mayweather.

"Well Pac did better against DLH and Hatton than Mayweather did so obviously he's the better fighter."

Pac was, for my money, the greatest "David" (David vs Goliath) in the history of boxing in that he developed a great style to smash much bigger (but much slower) guys. If you were a bigger guy, Pac knew how to blitz you with blistering combos and slip to the side so you couldn't hit him. And that deserves big respect because he smashed some serious opposition. Pac was a BAD, BAD motherfucker.

Styles make fights. How Pac did against Cotto, Hatton, Margarito, ect ect is IRRELEVANT when you're talking about a Floyd fight. Throw it out the fucking window. Manny's toughest fights were against guys with similar speed who stood up to him and could move and counter. JMM gave him absolute fits with his boxing, and Floyd is another level above JMM in terms of speed, skill and counter punching, which is demonstrated in their fight (dummies will write off that fight because Floyd was the bigger guy, but Floyd didn't win that fight fighting a "big man's" fight, he won it with speed and skill).

Floyd haters can hold on to that fantasy that Pac would have knocked Floyd out and schooled him, yadda yadda. Good for you, believe that. In reality, Pac would have gotten outfoxed because Floyd is not there to be hit, he's not there to be shoe-shined and he's too fast for Manny to potshot.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we'll never know for sure because BOTH GUYS are egomaniacs who ruined the fight.

People are going to talk shit about Floyd until the end of time for "ducking" Pac, but remember Pac was the one who turned down 40 million to fight Floyd, and wouldn't consent to the same drug testing that THOUSANDS of elite-level olympic athletes go through.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'm not sure about that last post @Beanflicker, I think it's undisputable that Floyd IS ducking Pac. Pac and Roach have gone on record countless times in line with the general public pleading for the fight and Floyd has basically admitted shamelessly he is avoiding Pac. Pac is a warrior, he would fight anybody anytime, no doubt. That doesn't mean Floyd is necessarily "scared" of Pac himself but he is certainly worried about something.

On your first post I can't really pick a bone with any of it. It was an excellent post and an entirely respectable opinion!! All I can add is that I've never seen too many of Floyd's opponents with quite the combination of qualities as I listed above either.

But sure, Pac's struggles with Marquez are a very serious factor to consider. Marquez though is imo a very tough and exceptionally talented boxer, one of the best Mexican fighters of all time imo. Floyd got him convincingly once but I would not say based on that that Floyd is completely on another level than Juan.

You've given the other side of the coin well, I find it funny that many are considering Amir Khan a viable opponent for Floyd though but not Manny!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd owns all eras of pac.

Let it go guys...pac cant even beat bradley or marquez.

Must be so hard to accept.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny DID beat Marquez 2ce and for any reasonable viewer he already DID beat Bradley too.

Besides I don't remember ever claiming outright that Pac would flog him. Obviously there is some doubt!

Tell me though, given that it would still be the most lucrative fight in boxing history probably for the next couple of decades, would provide worldwide and universal satisfaction to every single fan of boxing like nothing ever before and solidify the legacy of the winner as the greatest lb for lb fighter to ever walk the Earth... WHY the fuck wont Floyd fight him?!?!

I used to give Floyd the nod here, but the last several months actions since Canelo are just too much!

Floyd is pulling a Wladimir!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see if Floyd could beat Marquez now

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Max power your talking out of your arse..(again)

Canelo would destroy everyone bar floyd in the 147-154 divison and no one would have even attempted to step up and fight him apart from floyd.

Not long ago everyone was saying that floyd will duck canelo?!

Floyd has tried to make the fight numerous times but bob arum and pac are happy to keep rotating the ever ending clotty type rios fighters for pac to look good against!

We all want the fight to happen but it wont happen unless pac has a proper drug test, 60-40 split and its in las vegas, and he leaves top rank.

He must conform to floyds rules like floyd conformed to oscars rules...

Game over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    If you'd asked me before Pac was viciously KO'd by Marquez and before Floyd had handily fought Alvarez to a "lopsided SD", I would have backed Manny all the way to have crushed that defence.

However, as things go it is what it is. From what I've seen now, as much as I would will Pac to win, if the duck ever did develop the balls to put it all on the line, I think he'd be successful.

But back before all that, how many of you think Floyd could have clowned the primer version of Pac?

I still like to have faith that at one time, Manny would have overwhelmed the quacker!!

I don't think I've ever seen such breathtaking performances against such high quality opponents!!

Oscar De La Hoya
    Ricky Hatton
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Erik Morales

These are supreme boxers and some tremendous fights!

Now THAT'S a boxer!
    "Overwhelmed the quacker" ?? Seriously where do you come up with this shit. Your talking about Floyd Mayweather, has he ever been knocked down in his career? Manny had been knocked out twice before he even came to America.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is floyd still ducking Pac

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny was an awesome fighter during that period and Floyd conveniantly avoided him during that time. If Floyd fought him now it would suggest he knows now he could beat him.

Floyd has grown into the welterweight division and is a better fighter than when he beat Baldimor. So there was a small chance Manny could have beaten Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Manny's prime this is a great fight. Manny was on a roll and a beast who had the work rate, style, and speed to make Floyd uncomfortable. That said, I think Floyd would have adjusted and come on late to win a tough fight. This is not to say that Manny had no chance though. I could see that Manny landing a good shot and causing significant damage, knocking Floyd out or making Fliyd fight too defensively n out working him for the win.

I think the most likely scenario though, is Floyd using his jab, slipping n countering from the middle rounds on, and dominating the last few rounds for the win. Not a knock on Manny, as I think Floyd is too big for him and I think they r the two tied for greatest of their generation. Both great fighters. All time great fighters.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Max power your talking out of your arse..(again)

Canelo would destroy everyone bar floyd in the 147-154 divison and no one would have even attempted to step up and fight him apart from floyd.

Not long ago everyone was saying that floyd will duck canelo?!

Floyd has tried to make the fight numerous times but bob arum and pac are happy to keep rotating the ever ending clotty type rios fighters for pac to look good against!

We all want the fight to happen but it wont happen unless pac has a proper drug test, 60-40 split and its in las vegas, and he leaves top rank.

He must conform to floyds rules like floyd conformed to oscars rules...

Game over.
    Rubbish m8! It's all there in the open. If Floyd turned around tomorrow and said let's go it'd be on. He runs boxing!

That post was the voice of a true Flomo I'm afraid!

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information