Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and MIA

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and

The primeminister/president has resigned.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and

This is downright embarassing.. Times like this Im ashamed to be half Korean. Stupid fuckin koreans cant handle emergency situations for shit.

Just when everything was running smoothly in Korea, tragedy strikes.. seems like there is a pattern with Korea because it's always been this way. Everything is on point then something big happens..

This is going to affect the Korean image bigtime.. I heard that people think Koreans are a bunch of cowards now because of those few punks who left the kids to save their own ass..

Those guys need to be executed immediately..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop being so dramatic Finito. Does the world mock Malaysia for the missing plane? Several ferries capsize every decade. Some countries really do allow terrible things to happen (9/11) and should be rightly condemned, but this was an accident and the poor decisions of a few do not reflect badly on an entire nation. Ordinary Americans are not responsible for 9-11 and neither are ordinary Koreans responsible for this. Bad judgement was involved and the guilty need to be held to justice with a full and proper investigation.

The only cultural flaw for me is that people are expected to follow what superiors tell them, but I think around the world people are expected to follow the advice of staff who supposedly know better. You should question everything and this disaster is a prime case in point. Often superiors don't know any better and are making it up. One should always learn that from a young age, but you see that all around in politics too. There is a reason why the word 'sheeple' is used a lot, they are fed lies and quietly get on with things.

In this incident it resulted in death, but this is a country that will make politicians resign, people will kill themselves over guilt, and things will change. It isn't a bad reflection on Korea at all, as from tragedy comes progress. I can point to other countries where tragedy is merely an excuse to take away freedoms etc, this country has it right and should be respected.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Stop being so dramatic Finito. Does the world mock Malaysia for the missing plane? Several ferries capsize every decade. Some countries really do allow terrible things to happen (9/11) and should be rightly condemned, but this was an accident and the poor decisions of a few do not reflect badly on an entire nation. Ordinary Americans are not responsible for 9-11 and neither are ordinary Koreans responsible for this. Bad judgement was involved and the guilty need to be held to justice with a full and proper investigation.

The only cultural flaw for me is that people are expected to follow what superiors tell them, but I think around the world people are expected to follow the advice of staff who supposedly know better. You should question everything and this disaster is a prime case in point. Often superiors don't know any better and are making it up. One should always learn that from a young age, but you see that all around in politics too. There is a reason why the word 'sheeple' is used a lot, they are fed lies and quietly get on with things.

In this incident it resulted in death, but this is a country that will make politicians resign, people will kill themselves over guilt, and things will change. It isn't a bad reflection on Korea at all, as from tragedy comes progress. I can point to other countries where tragedy is merely an excuse to take away freedoms etc, this country has it right and should be respected.
    That is a pretty despicable comment right there. You sound like Galloway the ultimate sheep excusing the murder of civilians from all religions and nations as though they somehow deserved it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    This is downright embarassing.. Times like this Im ashamed to be half Korean. Stupid fuckin koreans cant handle emergency situations for shit.

Just when everything was running smoothly in Korea, tragedy strikes.. seems like there is a pattern with Korea because it's always been this way. Everything is on point then something big happens..

This is going to affect the Korean image bigtime.. I heard that people think Koreans are a bunch of cowards now because of those few punks who left the kids to save their own ass..

Those guys need to be executed immediately..
    Finito, i would not be worried about what people think of Koreans, if people are so judgemental about a whole country based on this disaster they are not worth worrying about.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

That is a pretty despicable comment right there. You sound like Galloway the ultimate sheep excusing the murder of civilians from all religions and nations as though they somehow deserved it.
    Don't be so absurd, Greenbeanz. All I am saying is that it was an accident and thus no shame on any nation. It is a shame on those who caused the accident and them alone. The transportation system on land, air, and sea is cost effective and efficient. One of the best things about this country in fact and certainly very different to that of the UK which is a fleecing device. This is a country that learns quickly and adjusts accordingly. That doesn't in any way mean I am slighting people who have died needlessly and pointlessly. It's easy to twist a perspective and say that one doesn't care, but it isn't accurate and I question the motives of one who does as much. The captain will go to prison, a minister has resigned, a teacher has commited suicide, but of course none of that will bring back the dead. My point is simply that actions have consequences here and they don't in certain other countries. Would Bush jump off of a mountain? Not in a million years. I respect how they sort things out here. Actions have consequences.

This is a country that does many things very well and I would like it to stay that way and not give a hoot what trolls like CNN is saying. It is a country that largely runs things in the interests of its people which is more than I can say for some countries. It is not perfect and corruption exists as it does anywhere, but on the whole it is agreeable. This was a terrible accident, of course I feel for all those who died, and the least we can do is make sure it never happens again. Heads rollings and people being held to account is a good way to start. We learn from our mistakes, this was a terrible mistake. I reiterate: we learn from our mistakes. That is progress. That in no way means I excuse murder of schoolchildren.

Thread Information