Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Left Hook

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    Heel is lifted 2 reasons, 1 because the knees bent, they work together. 2nd it gives rotation to the hip, and Tenses facies lata, the thing that orchestrates the posterior chain.
    Conventional wisdom taught us that the front leg provided for striking with maximum leverage therefore at our gym stepping into the punch is protocol. Is this also true with your style?
    Look at great fighters, they dont lean in, its all about distance and balance, as regards gravity. Example, throwing a jab if you lean one thing happens your head goes with it. Now if the head is out of position and the backl knee isnt bent, his counter is going to hurt, more than if you were where you should be in balance. Plus you are not in a position to counter the counter, simple really.
    So pull the rear leg back bend the knees and then fire up using the toe?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only thing that moves the back foot is the front foot and vice verse. Important thing to remember, is your back foot is your distance, also its not the toes that gives purchase, its the balls of the feet on your toes you are of balance. On your toes you are reaching.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only thing that moves the back foot is the front foot and vice verse. Important thing to remember, is your back foot is your distance, also its not the toes that gives purchase, its the balls of the feet on your toes you are of balance. On your toes you are reaching.
    At the end of the punch the rear heel touches THF including the rear knee remaining bent?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap my coach thinks that I'm coming down violently onto my rear leg and not the front leg. I've even showed him that palms down strategy, still he insists that my weight isn't being equally distributed to the front leg. The big indicator is when I turn my lead toe to 3 o'clock he seems to think that I'm merely falling unto my rear leg, and that I sneakly lied to him about not punching off the back foot. What do I tell him, especially when he thinks that there are only two kinds of punches frontal and rear legged punches. He gets the impression that I'm afraid to become aggressive being that I'm punching off the rear leg. Is it true that your hook isn't coming from the back foot and that the weight is equally distributed to both feet?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap my coach thinks that I'm coming down violently onto my rear leg and not the front leg. I've even showed him that palms down strategy, still he insists that my weight isn't being equally distributed to the front leg. The big indicator is when I turn my lead toe to 3 o'clock he seems to think that I'm merely falling unto my rear leg, and that I sneakly lied to him about not punching off the back foot. What do I tell him, especially when he thinks that there are only two kinds of punches frontal and rear legged punches. He gets the impression that I'm afraid to become aggressive being that I'm punching off the rear leg. Is it true that your hook isn't coming from the back foot and that the weight is equally distributed to both feet?
    Yes its called balance. what you are balancing is the head. that balanced. everything else is. If its not nothing else is. One little experiment stand on one leg, then move your head 20% to the left 1st then after to the right, then drop it forward then back. what happens is your answer.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes its called balance. what you are balancing is the head. that balanced. everything else is. If its not nothing else is. One little experiment stand on one leg, then move your head 20% to the left 1st then after to the right, then drop it forward then back. what happens is your answer.
    Changing gyms! Due to the efficacy of that LH you so graciously demonstrated,and that the coach won't let me corrupt the gym by throwing and landing on the rear he wants us to push off the front foot. He was angry that I quit because of my 4-0 record. Its unknown why coaches want their fighters pressuring and they seem to think that the only way to do it is by launching punches off the front foot. Ex coach talks about a trigger step can this be done by your method?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Changing gyms! Due to the efficacy of that LH you so graciously demonstrated,and that the coach won't let me corrupt the gym by throwing and landing on the rear he wants us to push off the front foot. He was angry that I quit because of my 4-0 record. Its unknown why coaches want their fighters pressuring and they seem to think that the only way to do it is by launching punches off the front foot. Ex coach talks about a trigger step can this be done by your method?
    Most anything can in balance, its understanding where the body is in space Proprioception. Without it things become confused, because you are getting the wrong signals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most anything can in balance, its understanding where the body is in space Proprioception. Without it things become confused, because you are getting the wrong signals.
    Coach called my mother and was very upset that I quit is Gym however mother is letting me go to another gym.
    Can you explain little further what you mean by proprioception and how this relates to trigger stepping?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coach called my mother and was very upset that I quit is Gym however mother is letting me go to another gym.
    Can you explain little further what you mean by proprioception and how this relates to trigger stepping?
    Proprioceptive ability is the awareness of the function and position of the body in movement, works in conjunction with touch and feel through receptors, look it up. Its the perception of movement. Simply it relates to any movement awareness.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where are you based.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where are you based.
    Edmonton Ab Canada

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lived there for 2 years, when i was 2 , dont know any coaches there sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call to your attn to the Edwin l. Haislet book of boxing on page 3 Haislet says the front foot is at 45 degrees or pointing at 2 o'clock the rear two is pointing straight ahead at 12o'clock. Is this the correct position of the feet?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call to your attn to the Edwin l. Haislet book of boxing on page 3 Haislet says the front foot is at 45 degrees or pointing at 2 o'clock the rear two is pointing straight ahead at 12o'clock. Is this the correct position of the feet?
    For what.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Left Hoo

For what.
    Throwing the left hook?

Thread Information