Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paul Smith

What happens now Paul Smith, gave a very good account of himself in Germany, Abraham was
    expected to KO Smith but it did not happen, the scoring on the judges cards were abysmal, truly
    a grave injustice. I never expected Paul to get the verdict, but the margin in which Abraham was
    given was disgusting.!!

I wonder what now for Smith, does he pursue a rematch or set his eyes on one of the other titles,
    if he goes for a rematch think long and hard,! in Germany forget about it or could Hearn try to
    get Abraham over here, Paul Smith deserves some praise well done.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    What happens now Paul Smith, gave a very good account of himself in Germany, Abraham was
    expected to KO Smith but it did not happen, the scoring on the judges cards were abysmal, truly
    a grave injustice. I never expected Paul to get the verdict, but the margin in which Abraham was
    given was disgusting.!!

I wonder what now for Smith, does he pursue a rematch or set his eyes on one of the other titles,
    if he goes for a rematch think long and hard,! in Germany forget about it or could Hearn try to
    Ok Paul requested an immediate rematch which he is looking for before the years end.
    The WBO are investigating the sketchy scoring and are possibly going to make Paul Abraham's mandatory.

The judge that scored it 119-109 is has been called up to explain his scoring of the fight.

All in all I think Paul deserved the win, or at least a fair scoring, so a rematch should be an absolute certainty.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paul wants a rematch and should try and get one over here preferably in Liverpool.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a rematch is wise for AA, I think he's over the hill and smith is still beatable for him
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although the judges were a joke, I see very little likelihood of a rematch unfortunately, especially not away from home for Abraham. Sauerland just wouldn't let it happen and it would cost Hearn big bucks to get Abraham over and I don't reckon he would take the financial risk.
    Sadly, there will always be home decisions, Ricky Burns never gave a rematch over here when he got a dodgy draw against Beltran. It happens everywhere I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight without commentary because I was in the pub and they had music on instead, and I had a couple of pints but wasn't drunk and I thought Smith had done enough by a couple of rounds. I hope he can get a rematch.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    given was disgusting.!!

Germany ıs notorıous for that but not when Foreman got the nod over Axel Schulz.

Thread Information