Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reverse Engineering Archie Moore and his "Lock" System

Bcbud do you even box? Of course fighters have a system. By what your saying there is no point in teaching any fighter nothin coz theyll go back to what theyre comfy with? Why bother teaching anything? Stance? Combinations? Lmao seriously your claiming you box with national coaches? Lol

I had a system like any reall fighter does. If i didnt want you to jab i would come under and over it with hard combos. If i want you to jab then im not countering as im looking to get the timing down to take your head off with these shit jabs your throwing.

That is just a glimpse of my openings. If you aint got a system you aint gunnado much in any fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like grey says you tell them what to do, first to establish a punch or counter takes control by feinting and kidding them into position.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WayneFlint View Post
    Bcbud do you even box? Of course fighters have a system. By what your saying there is no point in teaching any fighter nothin coz theyll go back to what theyre comfy with? Why bother teaching anything? Stance? Combinations? Lmao seriously your claiming you box with national coaches? Lol

I had a system like any reall fighter does. If i didnt want you to jab i would come under and over it with hard combos. If i want you to jab then im not countering as im looking to get the timing down to take your head off with these shit jabs your throwing.

That is just a glimpse of my openings. If you aint got a system you aint gunnado much in any fight.
    Well it goes back to what my old cuban coach said you either got elasticity or you don't. Whatever you do blocking,stance,moving forward you're still gonna get knocked out. Just recently I had the chance to work out with Deontay Wilder when I shared with Deontay some of your ideas Wayne, I remember Deontay smiling and he said tell that guy that he can do what ever he wants but when those hands come down. Bomb squad. Tru dat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post

Well it goes back to what my old cuban coach said you either got elasticity or you don't. Whatever you do blocking,stance,moving forward you're still gonna get knocked out. Just recently I had the chance to work out with Deontay Wilder when I shared with Deontay some of your ideas Wayne, I remember Deontay smiling and he said tell that guy that he can do what ever he wants but when those hands come down. Bomb squad. Tru dat.
    For someone who's supposedly trained with Cubans, undefeated pros and national level coaches you sure don't know shit about boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post

For someone who's supposedly trained with Cubans, undefeated pros and national level coaches you sure don't know shit about boxing.
    What are you going to do? Throw a jab and long cross... get off your one or two punches and I'll take a step forward for every punch that you throw at me until we meet in the corner.
    What are you gonna do when we're in the pocket together. whats the pocket? Do this go to the bag and put your right hand to the pocket of the bag and come forward until the arm forms a 90° right angle. Let's do the punches that I do every day remember small movements please throw this combo 1,2,5,6 on the bodyshots turn the thumbs in. Now! The left hook, rule in boxing never throw a hook standing still. Take your left foot and step to the left. Put your weight on the left foot and press down and come up using the power of the left toe! Don't turn over the left ankle! Keep your left elbow in! As your throwing the left hook let the elbow travel up the side of the body 3-4 cm. now turn over the thumb until your arm and hand looks like a shovel try not to turn the elbow over too much over remember the movement is small. It's permissible to slide your shoulder to right slightly as you throw the hook. Now step out to the left side of the bag. 1,2,5,6,3 step out to the left side of the bag.
    Last edited by BCBUD; 12-23-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you going to do? Throw a jab and long cross... get off your one or two punches and I'll take a step forward for every punch that you throw at me until we meet in the corner.
    What are you gonna do when we're in the pocket together. whats the pocket? Do this go to the bag and put your right hand to the pocket of the bag and come forward until the arm forms a 90° right angle. Let's do the punches that I do every day remember small movements please throw this combo 1,2,5,6 on the bodyshots turn the thumbs in. Now! The left hook, rule in boxing never throw a hook standing still. Take your left foot and step to the left. Put your weight on the left foot and press down and come up using the power of the left toe! Don't turn over the left ankle! Keep your left elbow in! As your throwing the left hook let the elbow travel up the side of the body 3-4 cm. now turn over the thumb until your arm and hand looks like a shovel try not to turn the elbow over too much over remember the movement is small. It's permissible to slide your shoulder to right slightly as you throw the hook. Now step out to the left side of the bag. 1,2,5,6,3 step out to the left side of the bag.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Can you even read? Do you actually understand a word of what anyone writes?

If I thought you actually trained I'd be worried you're taking a few too many to the dome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the fuck are you talking about? Can you even read? Do you actually understand a word of what anyone writes?

If I thought you actually trained I'd be worried you're taking a few too many to the dome.
    I'm telling you that I don't believe in a system! What I do believe in is fighting, remember Everyones got a plan until they get punched in the face. When I go in the ring I have no system or game plan... Get it no I've got no system!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bcbud you would never get past my jab to get me to a corner coz i used to tell dumbasses like you how to defend my jab and id throw bombs where i know your gonna be because of your half assed defence and stupid rules, if you never throw a left hook planteed you aint ever thrown a desent left hook end of.

Like jms said if i believed youd ever even sparred before id be worried for you, deontay wilder, like id even be impressed by that. I noticed you dont have a response to my openings, that was common. Why dont you post a video of you and your friends discussing a system? Discussing a response to my opening? Rather than just smiling to eachother about it? Whats your name bcbud? Ill ask him about your conversation on twitter now, see what he says about you? Whats ur name BCBUD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bc bud the system that is drilled into you countless times doesnt fall out of your head when you get punched, its more that your body remembers rather than your head as its been drilled in so much.

Again videos of you actually boxing and your Real name please so i can twitter some guys and prove your full of shit. If you arnt willing to do that then go away and stop trying to tellin fighters how to fight you idiot lol again you dont learn boxing on the computer, get to the fkin gym lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm telling you that I don't believe in a system! What I do believe in is fighting, remember Everyones got a plan until they get punched in the face. When I go in the ring I have no system or game plan... Get it no I've got no system!
    A system isn't about having a plan, it's about having an answer to everything. It's about being drilled in every aspect of the game until you can execute without thought, then you can make decisions in the ring without having to think about everything you're doing. A fighter who wasn't taught a system is incomplete and ripe for an ass kicking as soon as I figure out that what he likes to do is all he's good at, and I know how to take away what he likes to do because I was taught a system.

By the way, fun fact, the reason most boxers think MMA fighters can't fight for shit is because they don't have a system. Well they do, but they have one for boxing, one for kickboxing, one for wrestling, one for submission grappling, etc. When they have to put it all together, the systems don't work together. So guys don't have confidence in their defense when they have to put it all together, which fucks up their range and everything else.

This stuff is over your head. Lol, keep working with those Cubans and national coaches that you've never met. I've heard visualition can be a good learning technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post jms, i agree with what your saying about MMA aswell the variation in weapons just makes it much harder to narrow somebody down, it makes for training dumb fighters. A system is not possible like in boxing were you can build a system, strategy use defensive manouvers that cover a vatiety of punches rather than just 1, wenever you move you load perfect shots, dont just move to where your going, knowing that boxing is an unpredictable thing at times, but also knowing the lack of weapons makes it a controllable environment and more like a chess game than the randomness that can be other combat sports.

Thats what boxing is. You obviously dont understand the difference between boxing somebody and havin a war in the trenches, youve never boxed before dont take the piss.

if you do know Freddy Roach BCBUD which obviously you dont. you would have heared him say many times over that luck should never be involved in boxing, ask him what he means
    If a lot of coaches took that saying to heart then we would see better standards being trained today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post jms, i agree with what your saying about MMA aswell the variation in weapons just makes it much harder to narrow somebody down, it makes for training dumb fighters. A system is not possible like in boxing were you can build a system, strategy use defensive manouvers that cover a vatiety of punches rather than just 1, wenever you move you load perfect shots, dont just move to where your going, knowing that boxing is an unpredictable thing at times, but also knowing the lack of weapons makes it a controllable environment and more like a chess game than the randomness that can be other combat sports.

Thats what boxing is. You obviously dont understand the difference between boxing somebody and havin a war in the trenches, youve never boxed before dont take the piss.

if you do know Freddy Roach BCBUD which obviously you dont. you would have heared him say many times over that luck should never be involved in boxing, ask him what he means
    If a lot of coaches took that saying to heart then we would see better standards being trained today.
    Freddie Roach told me that you can teach a fighter something new only to have him revert inside the ring. Tru dat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm of the opinion that boxing fundamentals are MMA fundamentals. A lot of people disagree with me on that, but the more I understand boxing the better my MMA gets. But when I say fundamentals I mean the real fundamentals--distance, positioning, balance, timing, rhythm, angles. A lot of people box and don't train those things. They have shitty stances with their legs too wide, their feet pointed in all the wrong directions, their posture terrible, their head forward, elbows out of position. When they move around the stance gets even worse. They start crossing feet, bringing the feet together and standing straight up, squaring up, etc. They rely on gloves to do their defense for them instead of using vision, distance and angles. They don't punch with their feet under them, but nobody corrects them because they can tap the pads pretty fast and know how to keep their hands up. Then these guys go into MMA and saying boxing doesn't work there...and I'm like shitty boxing doesn't work no. Maybe if you learned how to REALLY box then you would see how it opens the door to everything on the feet, including kicks and wrestling.

Take for example something as simple as slipping a right straight so it goes over your right shoulder. Doing this opens up so much in MMA. You can left uppercut or hook to the head or body, you can throw a right hand at the same time you're making that slip, you can pivot real fast and push them back from that angle, you can adjust the lead foot out slightly and make it a counter right kick (usually to the leg), you can push off the lead foot and drive into them for an easy double leg take down, you can thread your right hand over their head (think right forearm on their right ear) and your left hand meeting it after going under their right arm which will let you pull them into a knee, etc. There are so many options to suit any fighter as long as they can perform that basic move with the fundamentals in place so that they're balance and in position to do anything. But people don't do it because they never learn how to do it right. Instead they always pull away from the right hand, which leaves them in the path of it if the opponent lunges in but more importantly makes it very easy to take them down or kick their legs out.

I went on a rant there but the idea is that good boxing lets you do everything on the feet in MMA. But these MMA fighters learn how to box in MMA gyms, then by the time they get to the top where there are actually some real boxing coaches around they've already been built on a shaky foundation. And trying to improve that is a fight against the man's ego and comfort, it's often too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie Roach told me that you can teach a fighter something new only to have him revert inside the ring. Tru dat.
    No shit you can't apply every new thing you learn immediately. Are you telling me Roach thinks you can't teach someone anything new? Just man up, admit you're wrong and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BCbud its obvious you aint never spoken to Freddie Roach stop talkin shit youve been called out and exposed. Dont bother posting any more of your opinions unless it accompanys a video of you boxing/proof youve been in a gym/full name so you can clear your name.

Thread Information