Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who shot Frank Warren?

Well, the courts say it wasn't Terry Marsh- former IBF Champion and Warren's first title holder.

Warren says he knows who shot him. Said the guy tried to shake his hand a few years back.

Warren, Warren, Warren...
    Boxing star Frank Warren reveals 'the man who tried to kill me wanted to shake my hand' - Mirror Online
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mods......

I'd be very careful when it comes to threads like these , Warrens got a history of filing law suits against sites and even shutting some down especially on this subject

Anyway it could have come from a few angles the shooting.

Warren was the man who took the unlicensed fighters and gave them a legal platform to fight in liscensed venues.
    The Guvnor Lenny Mclean who was Warrens second cousin turned to him for help getting promoted back in the day and Warren was so succesful on the unliscensed scene he eventually went on to become one of the worlds biggest promoters.
    Who knows what happend during that journey and if he crossed certain people on the way

I like Warren and he was very generous to me once buying everyone beers at Amir Khans first pro media press day, was wankered when I left Chutneys in Londons Brick Lane!!!

He's given us some great fights along the way and taken some of our best fighters all the way to the top.

No one can knock him for what he's done for UK boxing

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also you gotta give Warren a lot of respect for keeping his mouth shut and not turning the gunman over to the police.

And like he says in the interview it would have been VERY easy to take revenge with some street justice but he didn't

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who shot Frank Warren?

Boxing has it's seedy side it's part and parcel of the game, weather you like it or not the sport
    we love is really 2 people Knocking the shit out of each other.
    So the people it attracts can be a bit unsavoury to say the least, and when money is involved
    people do strange things, weather we like it or not we need Boxing promoters.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oswald did it

Job Biscuit (toffens)!!

eh eh!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Mods......

I'd be very careful when it comes to threads like these , Warrens got a history of filing law suits against sites and even shutting some down especially on this subject

Anyway it could have come from a few angles the shooting.

Warren was the man who took the unlicensed fighters and gave them a legal platform to fight in liscensed venues.
    The Guvnor Lenny Mclean who was Warrens second cousin turned to him for help getting promoted back in the day and Warren was so succesful on the unliscensed scene he eventually went on to become one of the worlds biggest promoters.
    Who knows what happend during that journey and if he crossed certain people on the way

I like Warren and he was very generous to me once buying everyone beers at Amir Khans first pro media press day, was wankered when I left Chutneys in Londons Brick Lane!!!

He's given us some great fights along the way and taken some of our best fighters all the way to the top.

No one can knock him for what he's done for UK boxing
    LOL... it's done and said out of his own mouth.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who ever did it he was hardly a crack shot , I mean how can you miss warrens head?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Boxing has it's seedy side it's part and parcel of the game, weather you like it or not the sport
    we love is really 2 people Knocking the shit out of each other.
    So the people it attracts can be a bit unsavoury to say the least, and when money is involved
    people do strange things, weather we like it or not we need Boxing promoters.

I've always found it strange when people seem shocked by questionable behaviour by boxers and all of those who are involved in the sport. Its glorified with pop stars and yet unexpected by people who make a living trying to decapitate an opponent. Odd.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone shoot Hearn for making Bellow v Cleverly ppv?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It says a lot when you have so many enemies that police can't figure out who shot you!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also you gotta give Warren a lot of respect for keeping his mouth shut and not turning the gunman over to the police.

And like he says in the interview it would have been VERY easy to take revenge with some street justice but he didn't
    Here's the thing. If Warren publicly stated that he knew who it was, there's no way that the Police wouldn't follow that up. If he didn't tell them, they would prosecute him for perverting the course of Justice. CPS and the Police don't go much on this "Honour amongst thieves" business.
    So I don't think he did "keep his mouth shut." I think he told the Police everything he knew, they followed it up , but they couldn't get enough evidence to get a successful prosecution.
    That Doesn't necessarily mean Terry Marsh, it could be someone else who they didn't have enough on to make it stick. (being very careful not to be libellous here!)
    So , in a Nutshell, Frank Warren knows who it was, (or thinks he does) the Police know who it was, but can't make it stick. The case is probably closed and they're not looking for anyone else.
    That's my theory anyway!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Here's the thing. If Warren publicly stated that he knew who it was, there's no way that the Police wouldn't follow that up. If he didn't tell them, they would prosecute him for perverting the course of Justice. CPS and the Police don't go much on this "Honour amongst thieves" business.
    So I don't think he did "keep his mouth shut." I think he told the Police everything he knew, they followed it up , but they couldn't get enough evidence to get a successful prosecution.
    That Doesn't necessarily mean Terry Marsh, it could be someone else who they didn't have enough on to make it stick. (being very careful not to be libellous here!)
    So , in a Nutshell, Frank Warren knows who it was, (or thinks he does) the Police know who it was, but can't make it stick. The case is probably closed and they're not looking for anyone else.
    That's my theory anyway!
    Oh, forgot to say, I reckon that's why there has been no Retribution or "Street Justice." the Police would know exactly where to go.

Thread Information