Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Wlad whipped more undefeated fighters than anyone?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Wlad whipped more undefeated fighters than anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Najee Shaheed (16-0-1)

Zoran Vujecic (14-0)

Eliseo Castillo (18-0-1)

Samuel Peter (24-0)

Calvin Brock (29-0)

Sultan Ibragimov (22-0-1)

Ruslan Chagaev (25-0-1)

Mariusz Wach (27-0)

Francesco Pianeta (28-0-1)

Alexander Povetkin (26-0)

Kubrat Pulev (20-0) (assuming he wins)

Not saying those guys are all world beaters, and not saying that being undefeated automatically makes you amazing or better than someone who has a loss, but that does seem like a lot of young, undefeated, hungry guys he's whipped.
    Wlad is heavyweight because there is no decent black heavies fighters around. He is not a bad white fighter by any means but if this was twenty five years ago. He would have been destroyed. In fact I think the likes of Frank Bruno would have beaten him

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Najee Shaheed (16-0-1)

Zoran Vujecic (14-0)

Eliseo Castillo (18-0-1)

Samuel Peter (24-0)

Calvin Brock (29-0)

Ruslan Chagaev (25-0-1)

Mariusz Wach (27-0)

Not saying those guys are all world beaters, and not saying that being undefeated automatically makes you amazing or better than someone who has a loss, but that does seem like a lot of young, undefeated, hungry guys he's whipped.
    Wlad is heavyweight because there is no decent black heavies fighters around. He is not a bad white fighter by any means but if this was twenty five years ago. He would have been destroyed. In fact I think the likes of Frank Bruno would have beaten him

You really are a cunt , fuck you.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Wlad has been dominant but he will always go down as someone who stunk out the joint when it REALLY mattered.

I still think if he put on a show vs Ibragimov in MSG when a lot of eyes were tuned in, he could have rekindled a lot of interest in the HW division in the States. Of course the fight was a complete abortion. Same with the Haye showdown.
    Those guys didn't want to fight him.
    Sure it takes two, Lyle, but Wlad's the champion, the heftier portion of the blame falls on him. Same with Floyd when he coasts to victory or knocks out Ortiz with a cheap shot. They're the million dollar shot callers.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Wlad has been dominant but he will always go down as someone who stunk out the joint when it REALLY mattered.

I still think if he put on a show vs Ibragimov in MSG when a lot of eyes were tuned in, he could have rekindled a lot of interest in the HW division in the States. Of course the fight was a complete abortion. Same with the Haye showdown.
    Sure it takes two, Lyle, but Wlad's the champion, the heftier portion of the blame falls on him. Same with Floyd when he coasts to victory or knocks out Ortiz with a cheap shot. They're the million dollar shot callers.
    I have to agree. Floyd is boring as fuck, but at least he has the undefeated streak and the cocky personality that draws people in. Wlad has none of that to intrigue people, and people watch the HW division to see action, and when the most eyes are on him he just doesn't provide action.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Najee Shaheed (16-0-1)

Zoran Vujecic (14-0)

Eliseo Castillo (18-0-1)

Samuel Peter (24-0)

Calvin Brock (29-0)

Ruslan Chagaev (25-0-1)

Mariusz Wach (27-0)

What a woefully misleading fact. Prime example of where stats can sometimes be used to "prove" something that doesn't really exist. The fact that Francesco Pianeta is on that list automatically diminishes whatever importance, if any, that statistic has.

Some of these guys undoubtedly escaped the dreaded "1" in the Loss column by fighting (to that point) bums who were worse than they were. Let's not forget the wide disparity in early records between different up-and-coming fighters. For every Lomachenko, who was thrown to the wolves immediately after turning pro..... you've got probably dozens of Chavez Jr.'s, who only stopped fighting cadavers until well into his pro career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure the reason dominant fighters such as Wlad/Mayweather/Ali/Hopkins stay at the top because they DONT fight. Throughout history how many sluggers reign champion for years (with a couple of exceptions)? They play a better game of chess and unfortunately for fans the outcome of most fights turn out to be a bore fest. That's just the way it is.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

What a woefully misleading fact. Prime example of where stats can sometimes be used to "prove" something that doesn't really exist. The fact that Francesco Pianeta is on that list automatically diminishes whatever importance, if any, that statistic has.

Some of these guys undoubtedly escaped the dreaded "1" in the Loss column by fighting (to that point) bums who were worse than they were. Let's not forget the wide disparity in early records between different up-and-coming fighters. For every Lomachenko, who was thrown to the wolves immediately after turning pro..... you've got probably dozens of Chavez Jr.'s, who only stopped fighting cadavers until well into his pro career.

How was it "woefully misleading" when I stated right underneath that having an undefeated record doesn't necessarily mean you were a great fighter, or even that you're better than someone who isn't undefeated?

It's just a statistic.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I have to agree. Floyd is boring as fuck, but at least he has the undefeated streak and the cocky personality that draws people in. Wlad has none of that to intrigue people, and people watch the HW division to see action, and when the most eyes are on him he just doesn't provide action.
    Who is intrigued by Floyds cocky personality or undefeated streak ? I am not a huge Wlad fan but in the majority of his fights he knocks people out or stops them. So your "he just doesn't provide action assertion" is baloney.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Who is intrigued by Floyds cocky personality or undefeated streak ? I am not a huge Wlad fan but in the majority of his fights he knocks people out or stops them. So your "he just doesn't provide action assertion" is baloney.
    Congrats on condensing more stupid into three sentences than anyone in the history of Saddoboxing.

Who's intrigued by Floyd's personality and undefeated streak? Must be somebody, he just made 32 million and did a million PPV buys fighting a second-rate guy who he had already beaten. Unless you want to claim that he's selling these PPVs with his exciting style??

And it's not the stoppages that make Wlad boring. It's the 8 to 11 rounds of jabbing, grabbing, and holding preceding the stoppage that make Wlad boring.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats on condensing more stupid into three sentences than anyone in the history of Saddoboxing.

Who's intrigued by Floyd's personality and undefeated streak? Must be somebody, he just made 32 million and did a million PPV buys fighting a second-rate guy who he had already beaten. Unless you want to claim that he's selling these PPVs with his exciting style??

And it's not the stoppages that make Wlad boring. It's the 8 to 11 rounds of jabbing, grabbing, and holding preceding the stoppage that make Wlad boring.
    You can get as personal as you like and pile on the hyperbole but it does nothing to strengthen a flimsy argument. It's the kind of predictable nonsense you are prone to regurgitate and your subtext reads like an open book. Firstly jabbing, grabbing and holding are a huge part of Floyds fights but despite fighting little guys, recently he struggles to finish them with anything even approaching a full stop. Compare their last fights and then suck it up.

Secondly where are most of those buys? Amurrica the object of your Affection, where many wish to see him lose. Why? Not because they are intrigued by his personality but quite the opposite they are sick of the sport being represented by somebody without one. If you have to take photos of yourself with piles of money to make up for your lack of friends, soul or self esteem then in reality you are a huge loser. Sound familiar? :-P

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can get as personal as you like and pile on the hyperbole but it does nothing to strengthen a flimsy argument. It's the kind of predictable nonsense you are prone to regurgitate and your subtext reads like an open book. Firstly jabbing, grabbing and holding are a huge part of Floyds fights but despite fighting little guys, recently he struggles to finish them with anything even approaching a full stop. Compare their last fights and then suck it up.

Secondly where are most of those buys? Amurrica the object of your Affection, where many wish to see him lose. Why? Not because they are intrigued by his personality but quite the opposite they are sick of the sport being represented by somebody without one. If you have to take photos of yourself with piles of money to make up for your lack of friends, soul or self esteem then in reality you are a huge loser. Sound familiar? :-P
    I get personal with you because you're a dumb guy. I debate and go hard with guys here all the time but it's never personal, because it's mostly just opinion and conjecture, so it is what it is. You, on the other hand, have a long history of being unable to grasp simple concepts and arguing "points" that go against indisputable facts. And when you get called on it, you cry like a girl that people are getting "personal" with you. So what? Grow some balls.

Your entire post either bolstered my argument, or had nothing to do with it.

Intrigued: arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate.

Floyd's personality, I think it's safe to say, has aroused the interest of the general public. It doesn't mean they like him, it means they are interested in him. You say people tune in because they hate him and want to see him get his ass kicked... thanks for agreeing with me.

I don't know what Floyd being boring has to do with anything. Floyd is a boring fighter, I never said he was exciting. Wlad also usually fights in an ugly, boring fashion. Are you saying compared to Floyd he's exciting? I have no idea what you're trying to argue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wvlad should be high on the P4p lists and the people that exclude him can't know their boxing.

The stats don't lie. Yet another top unbeaten contender beaten effortlessly, approaching a decade of domination and not a man on the planet that can test him. Can't say that about anyone else

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slimtrae View Post
    dominant.
    dominant

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get personal with you because you're a dumb guy. I debate and go hard with guys here all the time but it's never personal, because it's mostly just opinion and conjecture, so it is what it is. You, on the other hand, have a long history of being unable to grasp simple concepts and arguing "points" that go against indisputable facts. And when you get called on it, you cry like a girl that people are getting "personal" with you. So what? Grow some balls.

Your entire post either bolstered my argument, or had nothing to do with it.

Intrigued: arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate.

Floyd's personality, I think it's safe to say, has aroused the interest of the general public. It doesn't mean they like him, it means they are interested in him. You say people tune in because they hate him and want to see him get his ass kicked... thanks for agreeing with me.

I don't know what Floyd being boring has to do with anything. Floyd is a boring fighter, I never said he was exciting. Wlad also usually fights in an ugly, boring fashion. Are you saying compared to Floyd he's exciting? I have no idea what you're trying to argue.
    Compare their last fights. Floyd is incapable of closing the show. 12 Rounds of jabbing,grabbing and holding sums him up well recently. You are obsessed with him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the answer to the thread title could well be yes

what is an undoubtable fact is that Wlad had cuddled more undefeated fighters than any one else
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information