Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marco Antonio Barrera. Best wins? Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marco Antonio Barrera. Best wins? Fact.

barrera is an ATG but i always thought he was a bit overrated at the time he was fighting. i think what really helped him was the morales fights. he showed that he could hang in there and even beat another ATG while he lost to and struggled against lesser opponents. naz may be his best win though because the first two fights with morales can be disputed on who won but he clearly beat naz who was a very good fighter.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there anything about Steve Robinson that really warranted a discusion? Surely a fighter's name should do most of the talking for itself?

If you want to talk about 'The Cindarella Man' then start another passive agressive thread about him.

I thought you started this thread to talk about Barrera? I'd like to read this interview you happened to be reading, do you have a link? I'd like to read how Barerra sees it.

You could be right Powerpuncher, Morales is clearly the better name, but those wins were guttsy, hair and nail wins... Hamed may not have been on Morales' level, but the way Barrera was able to make him look lost and amaturish elevates the win, but then some people claim that Hamed's peak was years before then?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Is there anything about Steve Robinson that really warranted a discusion? Surely a fighter's name should do most of the talking for itself?

If you want to talk about 'The Cindarella Man' then start another passive agressive thread about him.

I thought you started this thread to talk about Barrera? I'd like to read this interview you happened to be reading, do you have a link? I'd like to read how Barerra sees it.

You could be right Powerpuncher, Morales is clearly the better name, but those wins were guttsy, hair and nail wins... Hamed may not have been on Morales' level, but the way Barrera was able to make him look lost and amaturish elevates the win, but then some people claim that Hamed's peak was years before then?
    But Adam that's where things get dicey. You cant on the one hand make such a big deal about Mab beating Hamed and then dismiss Hamed. Prior to fighting Junior Jones people were already comparing MAB to other Mexican greats like Zarate and Sanchez. What Mab has over Hamed is name rec but that does not take away from how good Hamed was anymore then it takes away from how good Calzaghe was.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fighters name should talk for itself? Seriously? That's funny considering.

This thread was soley about Barrera. I never once mentioned Naz until you brought him up. Am I not allowed to respond to accusations aimed directly at me? Behave.

"Definitely the best fight I had and my best victory was against Naseem Hamed," Barrera told THE RING while speaking of the 2001 master class that snapped the Prince's perfect record.

Here's your link. Enjoy - In the April issue: Marco Antonio Barrera's 'Best I Faced' - Ring TV

((by the way - don't be shy about revealing who the best featherweight in the world was when Naz was the best featherweight in the world ))
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's wrong with talking about one of Barrera's opponents in a thread about Barrera's best opponents? All I did was elaborate on why I picked Morales over Hamed and explained to IamInuit why the ulterior motive you had when posting this thread was misguided.

I'm also not sure how I 'brought hamed' into this thread when two posters had already mentioned him before me.

Only one person here started discussing a fighter that Barrera didn't ever fight and it wasn't me

Steve Robinson is of little relevance here, not Naseem Hamed.

It's a shame that's not the full article, would have liked to hear his reasoning. I know he took personal satisfaction from it, there was genuine animosity. MaB had taken issue with his clowning, talking and body slamming of cesar soto etc. He genuinley didn't like Hamed.

I'm not completely dismissing Hamed, Inuit... I just don't put him quite in same tier as MaB/Pac/Jmm/Morales. Unfortunately he walked away before we got to find out. Speculating is for today's fighters, not last decade's.

Hamed was still a good fighter, beat his share of title holders and was top of the featherweight division for 5 years... The way Mab completely shut him down makes that win a big one, I just can't put Hamed quite on the level of those four.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't beat anyone that good if you think about it, other than Naz.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now Morales wasn't that good either? We'll have written off every songle fighter from the 90s by the end of the week!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now Morales wasn't that good either? We'll have written off every songle fighter from the 90s by the end of the week!
    Morales was good but he wasn't as good as Nas, Nas was MAB's best win and the win that will define his career!

The only one MAB fought better than Nas was Pac, and we all know how those fights went
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Morales beat Pac once and was a 4 weight champion?

I jusr don't know anymore... lol

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Morales was good but he wasn't as good as Nas, "
    Come on, stop fooling around!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Morales did good, but come on Naz is a legend.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Morales was good but he wasn't as good as Nas, Nas was MAB's best win and the win that will define his career!

The only one MAB fought better than Nas was Pac, and we all know how those fights went
    I hate it when you can't decide if something is sarcasm or not.

In other news, MABs best win was for sure against Rocky "I got 65 title shots and couldn't ever win one " Juarez.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hamed was still a good fighter, beat his share of title holders and was top of the featherweight division for 5 years... The way Mab completely shut him down makes that win a big one, I just can't put Hamed quite on the level of those four.
    Finally. Well done boy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you, it's obviously not easy to give a direct response to a question, so I'm sure you appreciate me doing it.

Hamed being the most successful fighter active at 122-126lbs between 95 and 00 wasn't what I find disputable (nor is his place in the HOF), you just seemed like you needed reassuring and I'm a nice guy.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Yeah Morales did good, but come on Naz is a legend.
    Morales is King. Naz was a prince. Barrera the Ruler.

Morales is the peoples champion and that is what counts the most, Erik wins .

A real KING serves the public.

Read below, who else does that for the fans?

Morales defeated then three-division world champion Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, by a unanimous decision. During the 12th round, Morales, comfortably ahead on the scorecards, decided to brawl with the Filipino slugger, even turning southpaw during the process. In a post fight interview, HBO broadcaster Larry Merchant, asked Morales, "Why?" Morales replied by asking a question of his own, "Did you enjoy it? That's why." Later that night, at the post-fight press conference, Erik further explained his reasoning for brawling with the Filipino slugger; "It was a great pleasure to fight this way. I think I was controlling the fight with my distance. Sometimes I need to put a little flavor into the ring. My promoter always says that I make the fights very difficult, but they're not difficult, they're fun for the public. I decided to stop myself in front of him in the twelfth round because I wanted to give the public what they deserve. It was a great round. I'm very happy about it."[7]

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information