Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in full)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in full)

Superb stuff from Amir Khan and he just looks better and better everytime under Hunters guide for me,

Those 1-2's he was firing off were done with crazy speed, his footwork and balance were tip top and he took a few decent shots along the way that didn't seem to bother him at all.

Totally outclassed Alexander who was just chasing shadows all night.

Khan came into the fight at Middleweight after rehydrating and added about 13 pounds back on and still carried devastating speed and looked very fresh faced and healthy and has zero stamina issues whatsoever, looked like he could go another 5 rounds at that pace.

Floyd simply can't fight at that pace and would have to knock him out to win and after seeing that last night i'd even have Khan as favourite.

He might have even fucked that fight up for himself because i don't think Floyd can or wants to go against someone that physically fit/busy and fast at this stage of his career.

Khan on points for me.

Props to Virgil Hunter too, i like the no Bullshit way he handles Khan and the fact he was still verbally tearing into him even after the fight.

Khan really has matured as a fighter and looked seriously seriously good last night and seems to have put the silly mistakes behind him and gets out of range faster than he used to now.

Well done Amir Khan you did England and yourself proud

Khan v Alexander - full fight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O3YjijWCeg
    Last edited by smashup; 12-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant argue with khans performance and 2015 will be a great year for boxing.

Khan is a great boxer but I would love to see him fight a thurman or brook before mayweather..then there will be no doubt from anyone that he deserves the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

I hope floyd fights PAC or khan in May don't even care what 1 he fights as long as it's 1 of them 2

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

Yeah I think Khan has a good chance of belting Mayweather too.

And that is why Mayweather will NEVER make this fight anymore, not under any circumstances!

Unfortunately for Khan, he has joined the "Club of too dangerous" now along with Manny.

Floyd is a spent force now anyway. A champion on paper only. He will finish his career by bumming himself the rest of the way to 50-0, and retire having ripped the entire boxing world off of the biggest fight in history in even more disgraceful fashion than did Riddick Bowe.

Pathetic!

ABSOLUTELY pathetic! LOL
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Yeah I think Khan has a good chance of belting Mayweather too.

And that is why Mayweather will NEVER make this fight anymore, not under any circumstances!

Unfortunately for Khan, he has joined the "Club of too dangerous" now along with Manny.

Floyd is a spent force now anyway. A champion on paper only. He will finish his career by bumming himself the rest of the way to 50-0, and retire having ripped the entire boxing world off of the biggest fight in history in even more disgraceful fashion than did Riddick Bowe.

Pathetic!

ABSOLUTELY pathetic! LOL

I wouldn't cunt him off so freely, this is Mayweather who is one of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen.

No One can argue that fact, just look at who he's beaten in his career over the years.

Just think Khan would be catching him at exactly the right time if they met.

I think Khan v Pac is a way more entertaining fight anyway if i'm honest.

The Welterweight division has some amazing fights that can happen in 2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

He might have even fucked that fight up for himself because i don't think Floyd can or wants to go against someone that physically fit/busy and fast at this stage of his career.

Khan on points for me.
    Agreed Smash. Khan can outpoint him. Maybe PBF at 38 has every right to duck this style of fighter. Only a decent puncher beats Khan on last night's performance and that isn't Floyd.

Crazy isn't it really. I would honestly pick Khan now against Floyd yet would pick Brook to beat Khan and Maidana too if they rematched. Both would be schooled by PBF.

If ever conclusive proof was needed that styles make fights then this is it !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Khan on points for me.
    Agreed Smash. Khan can outpoint him. Maybe PBF at 38 has every right to duck this style of fighter. Only a decent puncher beats Khan on last night's performance and that isn't Floyd.

Crazy isn't it really. I would honestly pick Khan now against Floyd yet would pick Brook to beat Khan and Maidana too if they rematched. Both would be schooled by PBF.

If ever conclusive proof was needed that styles make fights then this is it !

Styles certainly do make fights mate and yeah i agree Brook v Khan is even more interesting now but timing wise what does Khan do next?

Khans always gonna have a mega fight with Brook in the bank so i think he'll wanna go after Floyd/Pac first - makes sense and i agree that Brook v Khan is a pick em but i'd favour Khan after last night if i'm honest purely because he's the better boxer but Brook can punch so it really is 50-50 for me that one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could beat Mayweather, but he won't get the chance. Mayweather is going to fight Pacquiao and then a Cotto rematch for the MW title.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone feel that they have made amir avoid big punchers?

Khan under virgil in my opinion is a better defensive fighter and improving.

I dont think khan will have an issue with his chin under virgil if he stays calm.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Without question. He has two fights at WW and both were against non-punchers.

Lets see him in there with One Time Thurman before we started crowning this guy the king of the WWs and potential Floyd opponent.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    I hope floyd fights PAC or khan in May don't even care what 1 he fights as long as it's 1 of them 2
    If its not one of them its pretty clear he doesnt want to fight a fast fighter again. My guess is he will try to get Danny Garcia. At Welter

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Without question. He has two fights at WW and both were against non-punchers.

Lets see him in there with One Time Thurman before we started crowning this guy the king of the WWs and potential Floyd opponent.
    Not really many big punchers in the division to be honest. He beat Maidana and apart from him there aint any power houses at welter. Floyd, Marquez, Bradley, Guerrero, Brook aint hard hitters. Thurman and maybe Pac are the only big punchers and hes looking to get in with Pac. Id love to see him fight Thurman but I dont think it makes sense for him now that hes virtually guaranteed a big payday against either Floyd in Vegas or Brook in London.

I still think he is the most likely to beat Floyd. I think he has a better chance of beating Floyd then Pac does. Ive said it for years. Really hope it happens.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Styles certainly do make fights mate and yeah i agree Brook v Khan is even more interesting now but timing wise what does Khan do next?

Khans always gonna have a mega fight with Brook in the bank so i think he'll wanna go after Floyd/Pac first - makes sense and i agree that Brook v Khan is a pick em but i'd favour Khan after last night if i'm honest purely because he's the better boxer but Brook can punch so it really is 50-50 for me that one.
    As I said in another thread if Pac v Floyd can happen then it has to be May - they owe us it even if they are serving up a watered down version of what might have been a few years ago. Khan and any potential Mayweather opponent, who isn't retarded, has to understand that that fight gets priority.

After that maybe Khan gets the winner - but potentially only does so if it's Pac.

So Khan would have to take a fight beforehand and theres no way he'll take a risky one. Paulie Malignaggi again ??

There's also the question of Ramadan. Mayweather usually fights mid September which is not viable for Khan straight after fasting - all the excuse PBF needs to pick someone else if he beats Pac.

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to religion. Any muslims on the board ? Is it a no no to skip Ramadan ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Superb stuff from Amir Khan and he just looks better and better everytime under Hunters guide for me,

Those 1-2's he was firing off were done with crazy speed, his footwork and balance were tip top and he took a few decent shots along the way that didn't seem to bother him at all.

Khan came into the fight at Middleweight after rehydrating and added about 13 pounds back on and still carried devastating speed and looked very fresh faced and healthy and has zero stamina issues whatsoever, looked like he could go another 5 rounds at that pace.

Floyd simply can't fight at that pace and would have to knock him out to win and after seeing that last night i'd even have Khan as favourite.

Khan on points for me.

Props to Virgil Hunter too, i like the no Bullshit way he handles Khan and the fact he was still verbally tearing into him even after the fight.

Khan really has matured as a fighter and looked seriously seriously good last night and seems to have put the silly mistakes behind him and gets out of range faster than he used to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGMIRCe7XA

Did I miss the joke or something?

That video link leads to "Ed Sheeran - Sing at BBC Music Awards 2014"
    Imagine my confusion when I was expecting to see the Khan fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Khan on points for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGMIRCe7XA

Did I miss the joke or something?

That video link leads to "Ed Sheeran - Sing at BBC Music Awards 2014"
    Imagine my confusion when I was expecting to see the Khan fight.

hahaha corrected -

Thread Information