Thread: Keith Thurman...wtf was that?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Keith Thurman...wtf was that?

Yes its clear Thurman is no Julian Jackson , and now he seems confused , he cant decide if he is a fancy dan or a destroyer.
    For me he is at his best as an aggressive power puncher , when he moves so much he nullifies his power.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all that talk/bragging, and then THAT performance? um...made him look kinda bad!!! were we fooled to think he was something he isnt??

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a weak performance. He was saying before the fight that he would destroy Mayweather.....really? Mind you, that performance will probably get him the fight!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen Thurman fight before, so I understand why he's getting stick from across the pond, even though the crowd booing was a bit over the top. Bundu was probably a bit better than people gave him credit for, and for a 40 year old , his pace and stamina was excellent for 12 rounds. Thurman hurt Bundu in the 1st , but Bundu's recovery rightly or wrongly made Thurman decide that it wasn't worth the risk to try and get the KO. Instead , he boxed him and technically boxed him very well and won with relative ease.
    Just like every Boxer nowadays, he bigged himself up to be a bit of a beast and it's backfired a bit. At the end of the day, he showed he can box, he still has a lot of promise and is still a dangerous contender. Styles make fights, but IMO , if he fought Khan, he would be all wrong for him , and I could see him KO'ing Khan. Unlike Alexander, Thurman would be quite happy to take 6 of Khan's punches to land 3 of his own and his would have more effect.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bundu was pretty game, but the expectations were much higher for Thurman.

His nickname is "One Time".
    I hope it applies to his stinker of a performance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it was an off night, but yea he made an ass of himself.....shouldve never talking shit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iamasadlittleboy View Post
    Bundu might be hard to look good against but Thurman looked a lot worse than he should have.
    I don't hear anyone saying Thurman couldn't have looked better. Thurman hit Bundu with some good shots which Bundu took well, except for the first round.
    I'd say Bundu is pretty good, he'd have to be to make Thurman look less than stellar.

Hey, everyone can't look as good as Khan. Lolololo
    Of course, everyone doesn't have boxing attire worth 50 grand either.
    What I'm saying is that Khan looked good in every way as he boxed the ears off of Alexander.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 12-15-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think thurman put on a good performance, just sad that someone was whispering in his ear around 4 or 5th round, Thurman keep him alive for 12 rounds, We can't let the audience sit around for 45 minutes picking their noses, so i thats why he slagged off a bit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    I think thurman put on a good performance, just sad that someone was whispering in his ear around 4 or 5th round, Thurman keep him alive for 12 rounds, We can't let the audience sit around for 45 minutes picking their noses, so i thats why he slagged off a bit
    Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it as they've never seemed to care before.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    The more I think about this post the more naive/ridiculous it sounds, so I need to talk about it some more.
    Boxers in general and Thurman (to name just one) in particular has an ego the the size of a large walk-in freezer, so I imagine someone asking him to carry another fighter would get a very loud "fuck you" in return.
    We've seen some stupid boxers over the years, but I don't think Thurman is one of them. Asking or telling an intelligent, prideful, up and coming fighter to make himself look less than he is plus cost himself big paydays down the line would get you a "fuck off".

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Thurman did well and would much prefer him fighting Floyd/Khan/Brooks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He needs to watch the Alvarez v Mayweather fight about 10 times and understand that he is not coming close to out boxing, out thinking or out running Floyd.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He needs to watch the Alvarez v Mayweather fight about 10 times and understand that he is not coming close to out boxing, out thinking or out running Floyd.
    That is true he is too green for that but Thurman would beat Khan and Brooks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm all in favor of a guy trying to find a new wrinkle in his game and fighting smart but he honestly left me quite confused. He took a showcase night for essentially future Floyd opponents..Bradley, Khan and himself and looked like a guy trying to impress by riding a bicycle backwards for no reason whatsoever. To me he looked scattered and unsure and had tons of dead spots..not defending nor attacking but letting his 40 yr old opponent actually back him all night and even get a bit stronger down the stretch? He has called Mayweather out twice hours earlier, took shots at his style and..predicted an early ko...and then turned into a track start ffs It was just the wrong time to experiment I believe and may have shown more vulnerabilities than he intended. It was different and early it was patient-smart but he stayed that way and let his foot off the gas big time. Anyone who says Mayweather is ducking Thurman is drinking the kool aid.
    Fuck I wasn't sure, but was that anonymous muscleman 40?

Thurman had an off night and was thinking too much in there.

He's entitled to have one. Everyone is.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch this. it is quite moving Thurman lost his first trainer at 14. he seems very level headed and I hope he does great 2015.

Thread Information