Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Luis Ortiz

A look at one of the highest ranking heavyweights in the division today. Another "proof" of the low quality of the HW division.

6'4" tall, 84" reach
    234lbs

Amateur pedigree of 343-19
    22-0, undefeated as a professional with 19 KO's, 1 DQ, 1 RTD and 1 UD

87% ratio (90% including other stoppages), all against 200+, more than any pre-modern boxer of the past already). Of which about 6 had good records (which is good for any boxer with this experience), all of which were stopped. (=Extremely hard puncher)

Awkward Southpaw. Very dangerous combination with such other physical and performance advantages.

A very worthy challenger for any HW one would think??

Why are boxers like this not highlighted by punks like @Master and @IamInuit when disgracing the current state of HW?
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis Ortiz

I agree he looked very promising, was he cleared for testing dirty against Kayode though? Was pretty sure he was found using something after that but seems the result has stuck and nothing I could find about it. He was supposed to be in line to fight Chagaev I believe, thats an easy way to a belt if there ever was one.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I took some time and watched him fight. Can you take a moment and break down one of his fights, tell us what you see in him that impresses you so much?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz better become a world champion if he is as good as you say because his competition is poor.

Lets see what happens to him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    A look at one of the highest ranking heavyweights in the division today. Another "proof" of the low quality of the HW division.

6'4" tall, 84" reach
    234lbs

Amateur pedigree of 343-19
    22-0, undefeated as a professional with 19 KO's, 1 DQ, 1 RTD and 1 UD

87% ratio (90% including other stoppages), all against 200+, more than any pre-modern boxer of the past already). Of which about 6 had good records (which is good for any boxer with this experience), all of which were stopped. (=Extremely hard puncher)

Awkward Southpaw. Very dangerous combination with such other physical and performance advantages.

A very worthy challenger for any HW one would think??

Why are boxers like this not highlighted by punks like @Master and @IamInuit when disgracing the current state of HW?

So let me see if I understand this correctly, you and your cousin can come on here and shit on the past hev's on a daily basis and in fact that is the only angle you two brothers born from parents that were brother and sister do and yet when we all witness the slob, lazy, fat, lack of skill, shit fest that is today's heavyweight division and point out that fact we are punks. Your silly childish put downs are as lame and one dimensional as your view of boxing and the division you worship. But dont let things like empirical evidence stand in the way of your sincere delusion. And I dont usually blow my own horn but I have forgot more about this sport then you will ever know and one thing has remained since I started watching, participating and studying this sport. The heavyweight division sucks, always has and always will. Even its best era......Ali's was pale in comparison to the others around it. And if you dont like those facts go fuck yourself. Your daily one dimensional plodding, rinse and repeat style is worthy of the piss ant division you represent.

El Kabong Guest

IMO I rate him as just shy of a title contender, more of an acid test fighter. He's decent, but do you see him beating a true contender for a shot at the title? Jennings? Povetkin? Pulev? Fury? Glazkov? Hell even Cunningham would probably take him the distance.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually liked the guy. But let's see how he does without pissing dirty.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I took some time and watched him fight. Can you take a moment and break down one of his fights, tell us what you see in him that impresses you so much?
    Sure..

Effective use of the jab.

Fast handspeed.

Good timing with the right, left hook and uppercut when his opponent commits on the way in.

Applies good effective pressure.

Combined with his stance, dimensions, strength and power, it's gonna be a major factor.

Has shown so far to be not that easy to hit either.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I agree he looked very promising, was he cleared for testing dirty against Kayode though? Was pretty sure he was found using something after that but seems the result has stuck and nothing I could find about it. He was supposed to be in line to fight Chagaev I believe, thats an easy way to a belt if there ever was one.
    I think he would beat the back hair off of Chagaev and was looking forward to it. But it looks like they are proceeding with hearing as of a few days ago. He's 35 and tested dirty for banned substance, impressive destruction of Kayode but otherwise has faced very little. Fact that a juice box facing suspension is being trumped as hope for heavy's is either an indictment on division or OP or a little of both .

Thread Information