Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Khan's trainer Hunter thinks Khan can beat Manny!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan's trainer Hunter thinks Khan can beat Manny!

Virgil Hunter Shares Thoughts On Khan Against Pacquiao, Believes Khan Has A Better Chance At Winning Than The 8-Division Filipino Champion - International Business Times

This guy has to talk up his fighter, I guess.

Odds are Pac stops Khan. Not a ko, but just grinds him into the floor until the corner throws the towel or he quits on his feet or stool.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan's trainer Hunter thinks Khan can beat Manny!

Khan prefers Floyd because he does not punch hard which are the opponents that Khan chooses.

Manny is second choice and if he really has to Brooks third but definitely not Thurman.
    Last edited by Master; 12-25-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If (BIG IF!!!) Amir can use the jab to keep Manny engaged at a distance, I think he can pull it out. I agree that Manny is a bad match up stylistically though. Big puncher with ridiculous speed vs chinny guy with stamina and focus issues = bad night for Khan most nights...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's aTRASH MAN! A FUCKING TRASH MAN!!! Lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny would have to deteriorate enough for Khans hand speed advantage to put him in the center of the ring and in the hunting position. Its a bad fight for Khan because he does better when hes the hunter and stalking lesser skilled/game opponents, because he can dictate the pace of the fight. Fighting a guy like manny, much of whos game is blitzing opponents with hard fast combos, is like a nightmare for Khan because khan doesn't have time to pick his shots and engage at his leisure. Worse than that is he'll come right to Manny. When he does come in, Khan has a bad habit of overextending and gets caught out of position. He'll find himself stuck in the perfect range for many to go buzzsaw on him.

Khan will need to work on his inside game, muscle-ing man with his size and his footwork and ring generalship to keep from getting tripped up with his own feet when many starts trying to get to him.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has less chance of beating Manny than he does of beating, Floyd, Brook or Thurman! If Floyd doesn't fight Manny next, I would love to see Manny smash Khan to bits.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty unlikely but well, we've seen even more serious wishful thinking in boxingland these last years.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Virgil Hunter Shares Thoughts On Khan Against Pacquiao, Believes Khan Has A Better Chance At Winning Than The 8-Division Filipino Champion - International Business Times

This guy has to talk up his fighter, I guess.

Odds are Pac stops Khan. Not a ko, but just grinds him into the floor until the corner throws the towel or he quits on his feet or stool.
    This is a very stupid post. Manny could knock him out, but whatever axe people have to grind, there is no quit in Khan.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Manny would have to deteriorate enough for Khans hand speed advantage to put him in the center of the ring and in the hunting position. Its a bad fight for Khan because he does better when hes the hunter and stalking lesser skilled/game opponents, because he can dictate the pace of the fight. Fighting a guy like manny, much of whos game is blitzing opponents with hard fast combos, is like a nightmare for Khan because khan doesn't have time to pick his shots and engage at his leisure. Worse than that is he'll come right to Manny. When he does come in, Khan has a bad habit of overextending and gets caught out of position. He'll find himself stuck in the perfect range for many to go buzzsaw on him.

Khan will need to work on his inside game, muscle-ing man with his size and his footwork and ring generalship to keep from getting tripped up with his own feet when many starts trying to get to him.

That is a great breakdown. Khan does seem comfortable around southpaws but Manny's style is everything that makes Khan fall apart and right from the get go. No time to think. Its certainly not out of the question but I think Khan has a much better chance against that other guy. Trouble is the other guy knows that to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was thinking about this If Khan were to sneak in the back door and sign to fight Pac what would Floyd do? He knows the only fight that could compete with a Canelo-Cotto bout is Pacquiao The cold war is supposedly over, DLH and Top Rank will supposedly work together make the fight, I think it would do good money and leave Floyd without a dance parther

Who would Floyd fight and is this fight easier to make
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    I was thinking about this If Khan were to sneak in the back door and sign to fight Pac what would Floyd do? He knows the only fight that could compete with a Canelo-Cotto bout is Pacquiao The cold war is supposedly over, DLH and Top Rank will supposedly work together make the fight, I think it would do good money and leave Floyd without a dance parther

Floyd v Maidana 3.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe Khan loses to Floyd and Manny , but I agree that Khan should get Floyd's back up by trying to get the Manny fight, why not, fuck it. I don't think there would be much of a difference in what Khan would earn either.
    But , Floyd will never be short of opponents fortunately or unfortunately. Thurman, Lara, Garcia, Bradley, maybe even Brook would all do more PPV hits than Khan.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I believe Khan loses to Floyd and Manny , but I agree that Khan should get Floyd's back up by trying to get the Manny fight, why not, fuck it. I don't think there would be much of a difference in what Khan would earn either.
    But , Floyd will never be short of opponents fortunately or unfortunately. , Bradley, maybe even Brook would all do more PPV hits than Khan.
    Floyd would look a dick fighting Thurman, Lara, Garcia if Khan gets Pac Man and Cotto fights Canelo. I would love to see that happen.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Floyd fights Pac or Cotto or GGG, his numbers will decline in PPV. Maybe an Alavrez the second time around, but no one would really want to see that again as it most likely would end up as the same. Nothing much has changed with Alvarez.

But Cotto with Roach looks SENSATIONAL. BIG difference from when Cotto fought Floyd, and he gave Floyd a tough fight.

I think GGG would ko Floyd. Truly. This is one fight where I say Floyd should just not take on any level- at 154 or 160.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information