Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "quality" opponents Wlad "fought"

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Wlads been on his back more times then an 18th century hooker., heaven forbid that he actually fought a heavyweight with any skill that enjoyed taking chances.

. Haye was a total let down even with his talent. They should have brought him to the ring in a baby carriage.

If they are that vacant of any boxing ability what must the rest of the fold look like? Guys like Ron Lyle would dominate all these chronically unemployed turned boxers. Its like watching the trees in my back yard go at it.

Priceless.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post there Slim. This Max-coward is stinking the whole place out. The nerve this lil' lollypop suckin' young tot has thinking wladiqueer is better than Two Ton Tony Galento who floored Joe Louis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

completely insignificant thread because it doesnt matter how good or shit his opponents are as he cheats so regularly and to such excess
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with wlad's resume. It's not his fault that he is stuck in a sorry ass era. My problem with him is the way he goes on about his business. He clinches unecessarily and excessively which makes him unwatchable, that's all..

Other than that, he doing what he's supposed to do fighting the number one contenders..

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    The last bum was Shufford? And it took 6 rounds to stop a bum? Well, you said it not us!

I stopped after the first round- I can’t think of any fighters I like who are tentative against the bums they fought.
    The Shufford fight was nothing less than an outstanding performance from Klitschko as noted by Merchant, Steward and all the commentary. Only an agenda driven moron could not see that.

Yeah Wlad took 6 rounds to stop a 234lb bum, remember that. Tentative=smart.

If I remember rightly straight off top of my head, Muhammad Ali took longer to stop a 180lb bum who basically knocked him out the previous round and had to cheat to survive. He then LOST to a green 190lb bum which he later avenged only by decision too. Luckily.

So Wlad fought Leapai—who just lost to Malik Scott- who lost to Chisora LOL!
    Alex Leapai 30-6 (30-4 going in with Klitschko)
    Malik Scott 37-2 (Undefeated going in with Chisora)
    Dereck Chisora 20-5

All very high quality opponents.

Then there was Povetkin who Teddy Atlas kept away from Klitschko until they were forced to fight him (7 plus years to get his first title shot at age 34?) that’s not protecting a fighter? so much for his own trainer thinking he was a superb boxer
    Undefeated and never knocked down in over 300 fights ammy+pro combined.

Francesco Pianeta ? I saw his fight with Robert Teuber- his legs are spread way too far, he doesn’t fight tall, even though he is like 6'5 he got smalle when throwing & this guy is superb?
    Never said he was superb. I just said he was a quality opponent. Undefeated, very strong.

Wach has fought the same guys everyone else is fighting, Tye Fields, Kevin McBride, Travis Walker. Not saying they are bums at all, but How can I call them quality fighters either?!
    You can call them quality fighters by comparing them to the champs opponents opponents of previous eras. Guys like Fields, McBride and Walker are several notches above champs opponents opponents of the past. Just a tad lol

Tony Thompson is good for ESPN fights, but c’mon man, Tony is a world class fighter? After losing to Pulev, he lost to some dude named Carlos Takam, so what Takam is a superb fighter also?
    Tony IS a world class fighter, that is the only way to define him. He fought closely with Pulev who is also a world class fighter and loss to Takam, another superb boxer, yes that's right! Your catching on

And if we say yesteryear’s HW’s are todays CW’s then how does that sound, then turn around and call a former CW in Mormeck a world class fighter…who is a legit HW? And the dude is what? 43 years old?
    Yesterdays HW's were todays CWs because they were either sub 200lbs at weigh in or around 210lbs or so which is what CWs today weigh at fight night. When Mormeck fought Klitschko he was 217lbs or approximately the same size as prime George Foreman except much more athletic!

He got a shot at Wlad for beating Vinny Maddalone? An ESPN fighter who you can see fight at Chicago UIC Pavillion for about $15 a ticket. Oh & he fought Fres Oquendo a 42 year old fighter who hasn’t been ranked top ten since Bobby Brown and Whitney Houstan were married.
    Previous champs opponents (Ali, Holmes, Louis etc) got shots against the champ by LOSING fights or by beating a string of bums, sometimes even cruiser bums! Rendering your point here particularly ridiculous! It's never been more stringent to get a shot at the champ! Anyway, Mormeck got his chance because he was a decorated multiple world CW champ, a bit like the Spinks brothers getting there HW title shots don't you think Except Leon was a green bum cruiser whereas Mormeck was a veteran quality HW at fight.

David Haye…man according to Wlad…David Hay talked his way to the title..I agree.
    Fight hype. Everybody wanted to see Haye vs Klitschko and Wlad knew it. Haye was among Wladimir's best opponents.

Sam Peters is the only legit HW I can see so far. He was a legit threat, Heavy handed fighter. One dimensional, but he had swagger and Wlad beat the swagger out of him. Legit win IMO 100%
    Agree.

Eddie Chambers is an overachiever, fat, unmotivated, but pretty skilled. I’d say a legit win.
    Eddie Chambers is a defensive master of escapology and among the fastest HW boxers of all time.

Chagaev barely won a decsion over John Ruiz, and fought about as scary against Valuev as Haye did…so who did he beat to get a title shot? Oh, Povetkin.
    Chagaev is an outstanding boxer who was HW champion of the world. Ruiz was also a former champion as was Valuev. And yeah it's a little hard for ANY boxer to fight scary vs Valuev who stands 7' tall and weighs 320lbs! Dummy! LOL

Then there is Rahman who got a lucky payday against Lennox and has never beat a top tier fighter since. Had Lennox beat Rahman, who would Rahman have claimed he beat of noteworthy to NOT be called a BUM on Wlad’s resume? Oh, Monte Barret, the guy Valuev beat like a ragdoll.
    Rahman, Former champ 2 time, mightily strong, wins over Berbick, Sanders & Lewis, robbed against Tua, unusual stoppage from haematoma vs Holyfield, drew with Toney, solid record, yeah, quality opponent!

Ibrigamov? Not sure, I think he was average, but losing to Wlad made him quit. I credit Wlad for that.
    If you call bashing Briggs and Holyfield average and basically retiring rich after Wladimir because there was little else he had to prove, he had been HW champ, then your call. I would say, quality opponent!

Brewster is a pretty good gatekeeper and can stop a guy who isnt on their best.
    Brewster was a great American champ, quality opponent, SuperFrazier.

Ray Austin wasn't shit.
    Correct.

Calvin Brock was a heavy handed fighter with little skills, BUT Wlad proved him a pretender not a contender, good job.
    Brock was good skills, Wladimir simply shut him down with unbelievably good skills.

That leaves me with Chris Byrd and once again Sam Peter. Not Wlad's fault he has dominated in a weak era.
    Chris Byrd, another defensive master and among the fastest boxers ever, another former champ with solid record, and PEter, feared puncher, solid record. Quality opponents.

In all of boxing history there is only a single resume that stands in competition and that is the resume of Lennox Lewis. Wladimir's resume outshines any other boxers resume so brightly it's like brown dwarf star companion lost in the glare of a blue supergiant (Wlad).

Fact!
    Only an agenda driven moron could not see that.

Well must be the whole website, because you are the only one harping this made-up madness.
    Like you said 99 out of 100 people call red... blue..and you are the only sensible one at Saddo to see the true color for what it is. You, sir are the hapless ass-out moron. A second city t.v skit drivin moron who cant get his point across without throwing names, tantrum driven-agenda-based-moron.
    Now carry on thinking everything you say about today's HW's is God-truth. Why not create an alter ego to have someone to agree with you...
    So you first want to credit historians opinions yourself over mine but when trainers and analysts agree with my opinion you dismiss it and turn to popular opinion on the board instead?

Sorry if I find that extreme bias.

As to the rest of my post, to which part can you single out, follow my reasoning and counter with any acuity?

Please tell me where I've gone astray in objective terms?
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Max Power

You can write all the lengthy posts you want, and post statistics till you're blue in the face.
    When you try to pass of the likes of Leapai and Pianeta as quality opposition, you lose credibility.

All I know is Wlad is the King of Stinker Heavyweight Fights.

Ray Austin: Big American heavyweight.... was supposed to represent a huge challenge to Wlad... laid down like an obedient puppy and embarrassed himself over 2 short rounds.

Ibragimov: Terrified of getting hit with a left, Wlad pawed at Sultan over 12 miserable rounds. Sultan, as with most of Wlad's shitty opponents, was pretty terrified himself, creating a horrible spectacle about as much fun to watch as growing grass or drying paint.

Povetkin: One of the very few that actually came to fight. Unfortunately, no one told him the sport had been changed to WWF (World Wrestling Federation), and Wlad was ready with all the headlocks, arm holds, and grappling tactics in his arsenal. Again...... driven by fear.

Tony Thompson: The world was so enthralled with the competitiveness of their first fight.... they clamored for a rematch. So Wlad knocked him out again.

David Haye: All mouth, then............... "Toe-gate".

I'm pretty much through waiting for someone to give Wlad a good, competitive fight..... and for Wlad to fight like a champ, not a chump scared of having a stiff breeze touch his chin. Now I can't wait for him to retire, so maybe fans can get excited about the heavyweight division for the first time in years.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by titofan View Post
    @max power

you can write all the lengthy posts you want, and post statistics till you're blue in the face.
    When you try to pass of the likes of leapai and pianeta as quality opposition, you lose credibility.

All i know is wlad is the king of stinker heavyweight fights.

ray austin: big american heavyweight.... Was supposed to represent a huge challenge to wlad... Laid down like an obedient puppy and embarrassed himself over 2 short rounds.

ibragimov: terrified of getting hit with a left, wlad pawed at sultan over 12 miserable rounds. Sultan, as with most of wlad's shitty opponents, was pretty terrified himself, creating a horrible spectacle about as much fun to watch as growing grass or drying paint.

povetkin: one of the very few that actually came to fight. Unfortunately, no one told him the sport had been changed to wwf (world wrestling federation), and wlad was ready with all the headlocks, arm holds, and grappling tactics in his arsenal. Again...... Driven by fear.

tony thompson: the world was so enthralled with the competitiveness of their first fight.... They clamored for a rematch. So wlad knocked him out again.

david haye: all mouth, then............... "toe-gate".

I'm pretty much through waiting for someone to give wlad a good, competitive fight..... And for wlad to fight like a champ, not a chump scared of having a stiff breeze touch his chin. Now i can't wait for him to retire, so maybe fans can get excited about the heavyweight division for the first time in years.
    toe-gate bwahahahaa his lil' pinky toe-toe

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @Max Power

You can write all the lengthy posts you want, and post statistics till you're blue in the face.
    When you try to pass of the likes of Leapai and Pianeta as quality opposition, you lose credibility.

All I know is Wlad is the King of Stinker Heavyweight Fights.

Ray Austin: Big American heavyweight.... was supposed to represent a huge challenge to Wlad... laid down like an obedient puppy and embarrassed himself over 2 short rounds.

Ibragimov: Terrified of getting hit with a left, Wlad pawed at Sultan over 12 miserable rounds. Sultan, as with most of Wlad's shitty opponents, was pretty terrified himself, creating a horrible spectacle about as much fun to watch as growing grass or drying paint.

Povetkin: One of the very few that actually came to fight. Unfortunately, no one told him the sport had been changed to WWF (World Wrestling Federation), and Wlad was ready with all the headlocks, arm holds, and grappling tactics in his arsenal. Again...... driven by fear.

Tony Thompson: The world was so enthralled with the competitiveness of their first fight.... they clamored for a rematch. So Wlad knocked him out again.

David Haye: All mouth, then............... "Toe-gate".

I'm pretty much through waiting for someone to give Wlad a good, competitive fight..... and for Wlad to fight like a champ, not a chump scared of having a stiff breeze touch his chin. Now I can't wait for him to retire, so maybe fans can get excited about the heavyweight division for the first time in years.
    You've just listed Wlad's obvious stinkers and alleged ones too. For a guy with 66 fights, this aint so bad.

Especially when you consider Wlad is a technical boxer and when they encounter certain styles+attributes they lead to BORING FIGHTS!

I'm sorry that Wladimir is boring to watch, whether it's because it was Wlad's fault, the opponents fault or a bit of both at fault! But that's boxing. And that has ALWAYS been boxing!

Technical boxing like Wlad does is revolutionary. There is nothing ordinary about it. He transformed HW boxjng like none other before him from a scrappy brawl, into basically a game of chess! Backed with extreme power. That;s not something to be scorned at. As a casual fan sure, but we are supposed to be BOXING fans, able to appreciate technical ability as much as a good competitive scrap.

And to be honest, I like watching the more rough house fights of the modern era a bit more, like Holyfield, Tyson and Riddick Bowe and Vitali, even Lennox sometimes! But I also appreciate the cerebral methodical breakdown of Wlad's style as well and acknowledge the difference between crowd pleasing and effectiveness.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quotes from Max below shows he may be on drugs.

Technical boxing like Wlad does is revolutionary

I also appreciate the cerebral methodical breakdown of Wlad's style
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quotes from Max below shows he may be on drugs.

Technical boxing like Wlad does is revolutionary

I also appreciate the cerebral methodical breakdown of Wlad's style
    Your favourite Muhammad Ali (the GREATEST as you call him) is responsible for 5 times more stinkers than is Wladimir. He stunk the place out more than any other champ in history.

There is only one concession here, one of Wlaidmir's best wins now (vs Povetkin) happens to be even stinkier than any one of Ali's.

Let's not forget that Ali's Frazier fights are possibly the NEXT most stinky though! And these are regarded as Ali's HALLMARK fights!

Bias!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Haye vs Wladimir was pretty tentative. Not many chances were taken. I get it.

You can criticise Haye on low workrate.

You can criticise Wladimir on missing the target.

You can't criticise each other of respecting each others power because they can both knock the other out and neither are punch bags!

Haye vs Wladimir was atleast DECENTLY competitive.

Haye vs Wladimir is entirely watchable, it was a pretty decent HW battle to watch speaking of action, it is completely underrated by haters.

In terms of boxing skills, it is DEFINITELY one of the finest displays of reflexes and technical skill of all time in a HW fight.

These are the facts!
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-28-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I scan through other great heavies recs and compare it to Wlads there usually isnt a whole lot of difference in quality. I think Wlad is missing a career defining win against another all time great heavy.

If you look at Lewis for example he does have a few better names. Tyson was clearly shot though and Holyfield would struggle would struggle with any decent bigger heavy. He would be an easy opponent for Wlad. Vitali is what makes Lewis' career and record better than Wlads imo.

Should Wlad continue to fight and end up beating an unbeaten Wilder, Fury or even Joshua, after they have proven themselves as elite fighters then he has to be given credit he deserves.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Haye vs Wladimir was pretty tentative. Not many chances were taken. I get it.

You can criticise Haye on low workrate.

You can criticise Wladimir on missing the target.

You can't criticise each other of respecting each others power because they can both knock the other out and neither are punch bags!

Haye vs Wladimir was atleast DECENTLY competitive.

Haye vs Wladimir is entirely watchable, it was a pretty decent HW battle to watch speaking of action, it is completely underrated by haters.

In terms of boxing skills, it is DEFINITELY one of the finest displays of reflexes and technical skill of all time in a HW fight.

These are the facts!
    The most tongue in cheek post ever.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    When I scan through other great heavies recs and compare it to Wlads there usually isnt a whole lot of difference in quality. I think Wlad is missing a career defining win against another all time great heavy.

If you look at Lewis for example he does have a few better names. Tyson was clearly shot though and Holyfield would struggle would struggle with any decent bigger heavy. He would be an easy opponent for Wlad. Vitali is what makes Lewis' career and record better than Wlads imo.

Should Wlad continue to fight and end up beating an unbeaten Wilder, Fury or even Joshua, after they have proven themselves as elite fighters then he has to be given credit he deserves.
    Yes, LEnnox has a Holyfield and a Tyson on his resume. But the only difference really between these guys and good Wlad opponents is the NAMES.

Ibragimov DID beat Holyfield
    Thompson would have beat Tyson that Lennox did.

All of Wlad's wins are good wins. It's just that Lennox had some difficulties with some opponents which created an aura of competition. Whereas Wladimir dispatched all of his with fewer issues because he is more focussed. Lennox blew out about 4 of his good opponents whereas Wladimir only managed to blow out 1 or 2 of his really good ones early, because Wladimir is even more tactical (and also less risky).

I don't know who was really better prime for prime but one thing is certain.

Wladimir has had a much more extensive career, has been more dominant and has fought+beaten MORE decent opponents than Lennox. That much is a fact.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir has had a much more extensive career, has been more dominant and has fought+beaten MORE decent opponents than Lennox.

How can you say the above?

Lennox would pulverise Wlad and yet you have the audacity to make the statement above.

Thread Information