Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: Joshua injured, fight is off with Johnson

Couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't, didn't, won't.
    There's always Cunningham though...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua injured, fight is off with Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Tony Simms.. doesn't know what he's doing
    Jimmy Tibbs.. doesn't know what he's doing
    Adam Booth.. doesn't know what he's doing

Just think how good the fighters they have would be with a proper trainer. Someone like Peter Fury who's produced dozens of champions, oh wait a minute

We will see with what he can do with his son and nephews shall we. You all think they are shit. If he can make them world champions then he has to be up there.

Chambers has been to the top and he rates Peter Fury. Whether its just motivation or whatever. What he is doing works.

On a side note. Chambers is fighting Ustinov now on Tysons undercard.

As for Booth. Its a shame Tyson wont get to fight anyone as great as Korobov, Valuev, Mormeck or Macaranelli to really prove himself.....
    Booth and Peter Fury have a common opponent as trainers - Derek Chisora - Booth's fighter knocked him spark out inside 5 rounds, Peter's fighter took 22 rounds, with a massive height and weight advantage, to prove he was superior without ever decking him.

Imagine how good Tyson Fury would be if Booth was his trainer?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Simms.. doesn't know what he's doing
    Jimmy Tibbs.. doesn't know what he's doing
    Adam Booth.. doesn't know what he's doing

Just think how good the fighters they have would be with a proper trainer. Someone like Peter Fury who's produced dozens of champions, oh wait a minute

We will see with what he can do with his son and nephews shall we. You all think they are shit. If he can make them world champions then he has to be up there.

Chambers has been to the top and he rates Peter Fury. Whether its just motivation or whatever. What he is doing works.

On a side note. Chambers is fighting Ustinov now on Tysons undercard.

As for Booth. Its a shame Tyson wont get to fight anyone as great as Korobov, Valuev, Mormeck or Macaranelli to really prove himself.....
    Booth and Peter Fury have a common opponent as trainers - Derek Chisora - Booth's fighter knocked him spark out inside 5 rounds, Peter's fighter took 22 rounds, with a massive height and weight advantage, to prove he was superior without ever decking him.

Imagine how good Tyson Fury would be if Booth was his trainer?
    No.

Think rationally.

Booth had a fighter who had an athletic gift which will now be much diminished. That quickness and sharpness. Peter Fury has a fighter who listens and has calmed down when fighting under his influence.

There is a stark contrast to how the 2 fights looked. Hayes athleticism pulled it out the bag. Not Booths advice. Up until the stoppage Haye looked pants whereas Fury was so dominant and head and shoulders in class above, he was toying with Chisora.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked pants? He didn't have a significant height advantage and he was outweighed and Chisora still couldn't land many scoring blows, he was able to walk Haye down and punch a lot of gloves and elbows when he wasn't missing completely... The best punch he landed was with the inside of the glove and after the bell. Chisora was ineffective at actually scoring anything much of note.

We're just treading old ground here, you can spin it anyway you want to but numbers don't change - smaller man, quicker stoppage, actual knockout.

Of course the respective bouts with Chisora were going to differ, you only need to have glanced at the tale of the tape to have realised.

Styles make fights Ross, even you should know that.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are talking about fury in a Joshua thread ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Yes

Blame Primo Carnera then Fenster and now yourself.

Mainly because there isnt a great deal to talk about Joshua I suspect.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He hasnt even got passed british journeyman level and he's pulling out of fights!

I reckon Hearn has seen sense about him fighting Johnson.

Id be surprised if the fight gets rescheduled.
    You know how predictable you are?! When I saw the title of this thread I said "I bet Ross has made some type of conspiracy post about Joshua pulling out".

Have you ever boxed Ross? I'd imagine not mate as even when I did boxing at the lowest level just to keep fit, myself and others got minor injuries and missed time at the gym.

Now imagine doing it at the highest level, sparring with the best fighters in the world.

Just saying man, not everyone is joking about injuries, and I have no doubt whatsoever that AJ is actually injured and I also have no doubt that he would have beaten Kingpin comfortably.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    He hasnt even got passed british journeyman level and he's pulling out of fights!

I reckon Hearn has seen sense about him fighting Johnson.

Id be surprised if the fight gets rescheduled.
    You know how predictable you are?! When I saw the title of this thread I said "I bet Ross has made some type of conspiracy post about Joshua pulling out".

Have you ever boxed Ross? I'd imagine not mate as even when I did boxing at the lowest level just to keep fit, myself and others got minor injuries and missed time at the gym.

Now imagine doing it at the highest level, sparring with the best fighters in the world.

Just saying man, not everyone is joking about injuries, and I have no doubt whatsoever that AJ is actually injured and I also have no doubt that he would have beaten Kingpin comfortably.
    Yes I did box amateur, 18 bouts.

He has said he had this injury before the Sprott fight. So not only did he have a fight with it he signed for another and was only a couple of weeks away from fighting.

With someone as valuable and high profile as Joshua I don't understand why they would risk going in to the Sprott fight with this injury or why it would take this long to get it seen to?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes

Whoa! hang on a minute. You started by banging on about "more to it than meets the eye" and "he was in too deep with Johnson and they had 2nd thoughts" , so all I said was perhaps that's the case and they were looking for an easier opponent like Tyson Fury!! admittedly , slightly tongue in cheek, but still relevant to Joshua.
    I never replied to any of your nut hugging comments relating to Fury after that because I didn't think it necessary apart from to stick up for Peter Fury .
    The main reason I did this was because It seems like every thread in the last month either ends up being steered towards Eubank Jr. or Fury by you, or started by Bill Paxtom "the Ali Hater" about all our fucking yesterdays with his fake quotes! enjoy.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Yes

Whoa! hang on a minute. You started by banging on about "more to it than meets the eye" and "he was in too deep with Johnson and they had 2nd thoughts" , so all I said was perhaps that's the case and they were looking for an easier opponent like Tyson Fury!! admittedly , slightly tongue in cheek, but still relevant to Joshua.
    I never replied to any of your nut hugging comments relating to Fury after that because I didn't think it necessary apart from to stick up for Peter Fury .
    The main reason I did this was because It seems like every thread in the last month either ends up being steered towards Eubank Jr. or Fury by you, or started by Bill Paxtom "the Ali Hater" about all our fucking yesterdays with his fake quotes! enjoy.
    You deliberately post something for a reaction. You get a reaction, someone moans that we aren't talking about Joshua and then its all "Whoa!".

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think rationally? Coming from you that is hilarious. You are so pro the fighters you love and anti the ones you hate it's borderline mental illness.

Not only are you claiming that taking 3X longer to do a job is more impressive, but also have managed to reduce Haye's win to mere luck and rendered Booth's involvement utterly irrelevant. Meanwhile, Tyson Fury's performance was a thing of sublime boxing beauty and Peter's guidance utterly masterful.

You're the one that needs to think rationally. You're so warped in the head that you even hate the trainers of the fighters you hate. Madness.

You all think they are shit
    Have you ever seen me say Fury was shit? You jump on any comment about your men that isn't showering glowing praise on them.

Now I'm gonna blow your mind. I'm pretty sure you'll struggle to grasp this but - some people are rational enough to be able to criticise people they like. It's true. Amazing. And guess what - some people are rational enough to be able to praise people they don't like. It's true. Amazing. Think rationally....
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Kevin Johnson COULD (big could of course) have been an issue for Joshua. I think it's best that he cancel this one if he wasn't feeling 100% because Kingpin can make you look bad even if you win, he's a cagey scrappy guy that doesn't like to engage often.

Anthony Joshua should fight some live bodies coming up and just get in good work. Maybe at the end of the year he can fight a David Price, Tyson Fury, Hughie Fury, kind of guy and really get the Brits behind him.

That said, are the Brits more behind Joshua or Fury at this point? Does David Price get any love still? Or David Haye? Rate them as most to least popular please
    I think Haye is probably still regarded highest despite not fighting for years! Can't see that being the case much longer though as Joshua keeps crushing everyone that's thrown in front of him, although no one so far has really been much of a test.

I was really looking forward to him taking on Johnson though, as you said Johnson can give people issues with his awkward style and I expected him to take Joshua further than 3 rounds although I really do rate Joshua and I would have been surprised to see the start of the 7th.

As for who I'd like to see Joshua in with regarding the Brits I'd have to go Price first and I'd expect a Joshua KO to come in the first 2 rounds, then Chisora who for me would be stopped within 5 (probably earlier as I don't believe his resistance is what it once was since the Haye fight), then I'd go with Fury but I really wouldn't be surprised if Joshua did him very, very early probably the second round and finally if all the fights went for Joshua I'd like to see him in with Haye who I think Joshua would have to be most careful with because of the style and power of Haye, but I would certainly go with Joshua probably in the middle rounds as Haye began to tire!!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Yes

You deliberately post something for a reaction. You get a reaction, someone moans that we aren't talking about Joshua and then its all "Whoa!".
    Yes, Because you Blamed Me! my post was relevant to Joshua, then between you and whoever, you went off at a tangent talking about Fury and his chances against Haye, Klit, Wilder and uncle Tom Cobley!
    all we need now is you and Bill Paxtom to get together to post a thread along the lines of "Fury KO's Ali in Round 1 - Computer generated fight!" FACT!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnson has been training with the Furys.

http://www.icontact-archive.com/YWZ7...EA4h_f5?w=1fŚ

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

of course Joshua is injured.

Thread Information