Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magomed Abdusalamov....a true warrior, neglected & forgotten.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Magomed Abdusalamov....a true warrior, neglected & forgotten.

With him taking so many heavy shots, I can't believe he wasn't looked at closer than 'he's throwing back and doesn't look too distressed'...

Boxers can hide pain and fatigue, you can't fake things like pupillary response though... What's the point in having a ringside doctor if he can't spot these things?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Magomed Abdusalamov. remember that name?
    He is the Russian guy who almost died to put on a good show for us boxing fans. and put on a show he did. he showed great heart, courage, a great chin, and a pretty damn good punch too. Unfortunately he suffered horrible brain injury in that unreal fight against Perez in nov 2013. pretty much left a vegetable because the dumbass promoter/or ringside doctor would not stop the fight. They wanted their dramatic ending.
    well, they got it. and now a good man/credit to the sport will probably die.
    I love a good brutal fight as much as the next man, but in that fight, i found myself yelling aloud "stop the fight" to no one. it was beyond brutal. no one should have taken that beating, and NO DOCTOR or PROMOTER should have let it go near that long!

In my opinion, they should be held responsible for what happened. Yes, boxing is a dangerous sport and you should expect injuries, but for someones head to get beaten thaaaat bad, for thaaaat long IS WRONG!! They should have to pay all doctor bills and help Magomeds family. bastards!

UPDATE??
    I caught the last bit of something on friday night fights that said Magomed almost died again. does anyone have any info on this? can't seem to find any news on the fallen warrior. They showed a picture of Magomed and it was frikkin' terrible & very heartbreaking.

Sending prayers to Magomed & family....
    It's a sad situation for Magomed that's for sure, and a disgusting lack of responsibility on behalf of the ref, doctors and trainer involved.

I almost could not believe what I saw.

I think that a fighter should be given the benefit of the doubt at high level. But there is that line where health must become a priority, and the fighter is there to fight, because he is a fighter. It is the responsibility of the officials and corner to protect the fighters. And they all failed Magomed.

Prayers to Magomed and his family for sure!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    With him taking so many heavy shots, I can't believe he wasn't looked at closer than 'he's throwing back and doesn't look too distressed'...

Boxers can hide pain and fatigue, you can't fake things like pupillary response though... What's the point in having a ringside doctor if he can't spot these things?
    It's actually not easy to spot the pupillary response.

I have to check them on clients all the time routinely and quite often the shift is difficult to detect, particularly with older patients (as presumably, boxers who have just sustained punches, even if they are very fight-worthy and otherwise fit to continue.)

But this particular doctor in case should still be sacked and sued.. Definitely!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No One has yet mentioned the MSG "Staff" who told him to get a Taxi to the hospital when he complained of serious head pains after the fight and was pissing blood and vomiting

Where was the Ambulance?

The court papers say Abdusalamov, who absorbed 312 punches, was advised by state officials to go to a hospital when he urinated blood after the fight, but an ambulance was not provided.
    The severely injured boxer and his frightened family were forced to find a cab outside the entertainment venue during rush hour, the court papers say.

They call it the "Golden Hour" when a fighter gets serious brain injuries/blood clots and the chances of saving them from being a cripple are good if you can get them into hospital within that time.

I thought MSG was the Mecca of Boxing so why was there such a lack of staff and medical help available and why did he have to make his own way to hospital in a Taxi.

This was 2013 not the 1950's ffs.

A real fighters gonna fight regardless of facial injuries, fuck me what do some of you think these guys are in there for... a tickling contest?

It's a Brutal, Brutal combat sport where the aim is to knock your opponent unconscious so he is unable to carry on!

For me ALL the blame should go on the venue and their lack of facilities.
    Last edited by smashup; 01-14-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

It's actually not easy to spot the pupillary response.

I have to check them on clients all the time routinely and quite often the shift is difficult to detect, particularly with older patients (as presumably, boxers who have just sustained punches, even if they are very fight-worthy and otherwise fit to continue.)

But this particular doctor in case should still be sacked and sued.. Definitely!
    That's what the ringside doctor is there for though, it might not be easy but if they're not skilled enough to do it then they're inadequate for the job requirements and shouldn't be there.

It's not even that he tried and missed anything though - he didn't even look.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This promotion company K2 is owned or something to do with with Wladimir Klitschko i remembered this article from last year so dug it up, this report says there were infact 2 Ambulances at the venue but thet were still told to use a Taxi to get them to hospital??

Klitschko Sued by Brain-Damaged Magomed Abdusalamov Raises Questions of Negligence and Responsibility | BoxingInsider.com

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm not going to argue about this fight, I talked about it right after the fight and didn't change any minds.
    I've had my say and thanks for reading it. I've read your comments and understand them.
    You talked about it before it was known he suffered a serious brain injury?
    I think so, but I'm not positive, I was going on about him taking too many punches and his puffy face. I think I threw in my standard line about everyone being a tough guy as long they're not getting pounded on.
    Should be easy enough to check out if you're interested.
    If you complained about the stoppage before the injury came out, I can respect that. If not, the opinion is meaningless.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    He has not been neglected or forgotten.

I pray for him and his family every night, as do many boxing fans I'm sure.

But he WAS neglected by those who were supposed to be looking out for him on that sad night. Whoever said to call a cab to take him to hospital while an ambulance stood there really didn't help him did he
    He will never be forgotten by the true boxing fans though GOD BLESS Mago
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys got me thinking. i didnt even think of mago's trainer not stopping it, nor did i take into consideration that mago was throwing back like a MF, and didnt look really hurt. but still, his own trainer or the doctor should have done something. idiots.
    i dont say "stop the fight" very often, but that time i did. poor mago.

Klit needs to man up and at least do something to help the family. aint like he is broke or anything!!

P.S was it just me, or did Perez look like a monster in that fight? those guys were throwing BOMBS! he hasnt looked that good since. weird. i heard perez got a magomed tattoo in tribute to the fallen warrior. classy!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Perez looked that great, he was still eating a lot of shots from a guy who was really one dimensional in his attack. Perez looked slow and stationary.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I don't think Perez looked that great, he was still eating a lot of shots from a guy who was really one dimensional in his attack. Perez looked slow and stationary.
    he was taking a lot of magomed shots! even was stunned a few times i think. but his punches seemed very hard for that fight. apparently.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He landed a fuck load of them but couldn't get Magomed out of there, he made him a cripple after the fight but couldn't get a KO so minus points for him IMO.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you fight for a living you entertain people, boxing is the ultimate of sports you can't play it
    football is not life and death, were boxing is.
    Abdusalamov paid a hefty price, for our entertainment,! yes he has been neglected and forgotten
    it's wrong I wonder what can be put in place, to help boxers out like Magomed that have been injured.?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mago is home and "recovering" but he will always be an invalid as best as I can surmise. The photos are extremely troubling as he has lost a lot of weight.

The law suit includes the God awful NYSAC and just about everyone connected to the fight, especially the ring doctors.

Early in the fight Mago took a brutal, albeit unintentional elbow to the head and IMO that one was the one that did the early damage. Another in the last minute of the fight also took its toll.

While the law suit (and/or settlement) will provide for Mago's family, it will never bring him back to normal. This one did not come out of the culture of boxing because in this one, all the necessary precautions were not in place. Someone must pay and I hope its the rotten NYSAC that has been responsible for so many other tragedies.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information