Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Burns

Anybody else think that with more experience and a little improvement in power that he could go all the way onto a world title given his young age? If you give him five or six years of experience this guy is going to be a major player, a really terrific boxer and counterpuncher. If this guy had power he would have beaten Arthur, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Burns

I think you will find Burns is rated quite highly on the forum. He did very well against Arthur.

If he carries on as he is i will be very shocked and disappointed if he doesnt win a world title

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's got some cracking wins on his CV already and i'm sure his name will be well know in a few years time!
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good to hear theres some support for ricky burns, his style is terrific, hes a pure boxer. If the pros were scored like the amateurs, in my opinion he would be P4P one of the best in the world right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think in around 2 years he'll be in the position that Arthur is about to be in (world champ)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree! he's deffo one to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DOC_YKF_1
    Anybody else think that with more experience and a little improvement in power that he could go all the way onto a world title given his young age? If you give him five or six years of experience this guy is going to be a major player, a really terrific boxer and counterpuncher.
    Agreed, his boxing skills are good, but I think he'll still develop his power & could then go quite far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iain Axon

Just seven weeks after losing to Alex Arthur in Edinburgh, Ricky Burns will fight at Bethnal Green's York Hall on Saturday night.

The 22-year-old only lost to Arthur on points in Edinburgh on February 18, and gave a stirling account of himself in a challenge for the British, Commonwealth and European super-featherweight titles.

He appeared to put himself in the frame for a crack at any one of those titles should Arthur vacate, and is now established as one of the best five super-featherweights in the UK.

On Saturday Burns, now 13-1 (2) will face Adolph Avadja, a former French super-featherweight title contender.

But he will be keen to get back into title contention within the next six months and build on the promise he showed in the Arthur fight.

Anyone in the area could do worse things that night than go along and watch this young guy!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks a genuine prospect but am not mad keen on alex arthur. I think alex arthur might just have his hands full defending his british title against carl johanesson if that fight goes ahead.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iain Axon

Ricky Burns scored a sickening KO win over Adolf Avadja at York Hall as he showed no ill effects from his European, Commonwealth and British super-featherweight title loss to Alex Arthur.

The Coatbridge fighter, who was only defeated on points by Arthur in February and looked every inch a champion in the making, laid out Avadja in the fifth round.

The Frenchman, who had never been KO'd before, was left needing oxygen and took a good five minutes before rising shakily to his feet.

Burns, who has ditched his trade-mark dyed blond hair, had his opponent twice on the deck in the second round as well.

On those occasions he took an eight count, but the third time he was down, Richie Davies waved things off immediately. The stoppage was timed at 2'14.

If this is Burns increasing his strength and punching power he is gonna be a handful for ANYONE!

Thread Information