Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does nobody hate unemployed British Immigrants?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why does nobody hate unemployed British Immigrants?

"Unemployed Britons in Europe are drawing much more in benefits and allowances in the wealthier EU countries than their nationals are claiming in the UK, despite the British government’s arguments about migrants flocking in to the country to secure better welfare payments."

Revealed: thousands of Britons on benefits across EU | UK news | The Guardian
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why does nobody hate unemployed British Immigrants?

They're white people moving in a sea of other white people.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My own stance on immigration has nothing to do with benefits, so I don't really care either way about that. For me it is simply a jobs and wages issue and that local people shouldn't have to compete against people who take basic jobs and depress basic wages. It's just not right. The EU is just an abomination to me, so really it would be best for individual countries to reclaim independence. That way you set proper immigration requirements and caps on those looking to loaf about. I don't hate anybody, but a country needs to control itself in support of its own citizens and permanent residents and not just the elite who want to manipulate cheap labour and mess with local community dynamics.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do hate them , nobody would get benefits if I had my way , do nothing get nothing.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I do hate them , nobody would get benefits if I had my way , do nothing get nothing.
    Other than people that are sick? Injured? People that have worked all their lives and have been made redundant? No help for them while they look for work?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Other than people that are sick? Injured? People that have worked all their lives and have been made redundant? No help for them while they look for work?

Was a simple statement to understand don't you think ?
    If you have paid into the system then getting a helping hand is ok .
    Giving people a free life on benefits clearly has not worked as people abuse it and take from the honest man.
    A hard line approach is needed , we have tried one way now let try something else.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 01-20-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe in going to a country just to clam benefits, that's not me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    "Unemployed Britons in Europe are drawing much more in benefits and allowances in the wealthier EU countries than their nationals are claiming in the UK, despite the British government’s arguments about migrants flocking in to the country to secure better welfare payments."

These people aren't economic migrants. There are several million Brits in France, Spain and Italy. These are people who've bought a house abroad and moved the family. The money they're picking up will be mostly child benefit claimed by their "unemployed" mothers. There's a massive difference between a bunch of middle class Brits heading off for a life in the sun moving abroad with hundreds of thousands of pounds of assets and a bunch of dirt poor economic migrants moving the other way to slash labour rates for almost all British workers, take housing and healthcare and education resources away from native Brits and take away large numbers of their jobs.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way Britain had net immigration last year of about 250 000 people. That's a couple of hundred thousand of rick Brits moving abroad and about half a million piss poor motherfunkers moving here to arbitrage everybodys' wages, access to services and quality of life down.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was a simple statement to understand don't you think ?
    If you have paid into the system then getting a helping hand is ok .
    Giving people a free life on benefits clearly has not worked as people abuse it and take from the honest man.
    A hard line approach is needed , we have tried one way now let try something else.

Yeah it was simple. You said 'nobody would get benefits'.

You said do nothing get nothing. Not 'have done nothing get nothing'.
    Your statement was very simple. If you didn't mean it to read how it reads then that is your problem, not a problem of my understanding.
    Last edited by ryanman; 01-20-2015 at 10:12 PM.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I don't believe in going to a country just to clam benefits, that's not me.
    They don't come here and claim benefits Dia. Very very few. Drop in the ocean.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

These people aren't economic migrants. There are several million Brits in France, Spain and Italy. These are people who've bought a house abroad and moved the family. The money they're picking up will be mostly child benefit claimed by their "unemployed" mothers. There's a massive difference between a bunch of middle class Brits heading off for a life in the sun moving abroad with hundreds of thousands of pounds of assets and a bunch of dirt poor economic migrants moving the other way to slash labour rates for almost all British workers, take housing and healthcare and education resources away from native Brits and take away large numbers of their jobs.
    Most illegal immigrants in this country are Australian and American. People have no problem with them.
    Now I know we are talking about the migration of EU workers, but the reason most people are ok with the above, but not ok with legal migrants from the EU isn't for the reasons you have said. You may have an objective and reasoned argument against immigration but for many others their real objections are far more insidious, and you know it.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Most illegal immigrants in this country are Australian and American. People have no problem with them.
    Now I know we are talking about the migration of EU workers, but the reason most people are ok with the above, but not ok with legal migrants from the EU isn't for the reasons you have said. You may have an objective and reasoned argument against immigration but for many others their real objections are far more insidious, and you know it.
    I am not okay with illegal immigrants, no mater were they are from myself as EU immigration goes,
    you no my stand were I live I see the affects, Jobs, housing, health care.
    No mater what people say I have seen, the affects immigration has on the area were I live, we don't
    need unskilled workers, what happens to our unskilled that should be employed.!
    We are to bloody soft, give jobs and housing to our own FIRST.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 01-20-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel extremely sorry we cant, wipe out poverty proved good housing, and health care and jobs
    for all, but we can't most of the immigrant workers are from, poverty struck country which at
    best, are rebuilding after years of communist rule.
    The economic facts are, it has taken years to have jobs, health care, and housing as our country
    is run into the ground, by a bunch of posh upper class twerps.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland said it right because they are rich and have large assets.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information