Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vacates IBF title, Degale fights for vacant belt April 25th

James DeGale receives IBF title shot after Carl Froch confirms decision to vacate belt | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Looking like it will be vs Andre Dirrell. Froch also has ruled out fighting Degale later in the year.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vacates IBF title, Degale fights for vacant belt April 25th

Froch didn't rule out the Degale fight. He said - "if James wins the title we could meet later in the year"

DeGale-Dirrell is a tough one though. Bet they'd love to bung him a few bob to get Groves at a 50-50 split
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So basically , there is no real injury, because if there was an injury, the IBF would've given him some time to recover. Especially after he accepted the mandatory fights against Groves. The IBF were gonna look into that, and so he vacated.
    The Chavez fight (WOW! can't wait for that. ) couldn't happen because they couldn't make the figures work with Arum in the equation , so they've probably thought "let the dust settle, then we'll do it."
    Now , there's been talk of a fight with Hopkins at the City Ground . I don't see what's in it for Hopkins (apart from money) if there's no belt at stake.
    IF Degale won the title against Dirrell, and IF Froch wanted to fight him, I'd tell Froch to get fucked and arrange a fight with Groves.
    it's all well and good Froch talking big, empty names like Chavez , but we'll see how relevant he is when he isn't a World champion. He'll probably retire by then , which would probably be about the most acceptable scenario.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So basically , there is no real injury, because if there was an injury, the IBF would've given him some time to recover. Especially after he accepted the mandatory fights against Groves. The IBF were gonna look into that, and so he vacated.
    The Chavez fight (WOW! can't wait for that. ) couldn't happen because they couldn't make the figures work with Arum in the equation , so they've probably thought "let the dust settle, then we'll do it."
    Now , there's been talk of a fight with Hopkins at the City Ground . I don't see what's in it for Hopkins (apart from money) if there's no belt at stake.
    IF Degale won the title against Dirrell, and IF Froch wanted to fight him, I'd tell Froch to get fucked and arrange a fight with Groves.
    it's all well and good Froch talking big, empty names like Chavez , but we'll see how relevant he is when he isn't a World champion. He'll probably retire by then , which would probably be about the most acceptable scenario.
    There is an elbow injury and Froch can't fight till the summer. He also doesn't want to fight Degale, so why make him wait around or fight for an interim belt if he's not likely to fight hum? Froch was being sound in vacating the belt so this gives Degale the opportunity instead of wasting time for Degale getting his shot

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets hope Andre sacks up if he gets the call. What an incredible speed vs speed fight this would be and both are southpaws. Usually I don't like southpaw pairings. Andre could restart what little hope I have left as a fan and jump on this realizing he's not really relevant. In addition he is calling out Carl so what better way to make a statement?

I picked this guy to win the S6. Time to get back on that horse and stop scrubbing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    There is an elbow injury and Froch can't fight till the summer. He also doesn't want to fight Degale, so why make him wait around or fight for an interim belt if he's not likely to fight hum? Froch was being sound in vacating the belt so this gives Degale the opportunity instead of wasting time for Degale getting his shot
    Tam, if you genuinely believe he was doing it to be sound , then fair play to ya. but, if he has a genuine injury, after bending over backwards to satisfy the IBF by taking the Groves fights, don't you think he had a good case to go to the IBF and say, "Look , I'm injured at the minute , and when I come back , I think I deserve the right to a voluntary." especially after fighting the mandatory twice on the trot.
    He may be a sound guy (maybe not?), but he ain't so sound that he's gonna say "listen Chunky, I've got this elbow injury that'll keep me out for a month or 2 , so I don't want to hold up your career, you go for the title."
    that's bullshit, he doesn't give a flying fuck about Degale and I don't expect him to either.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tam, if you genuinely believe he was doing it to be sound , then fair play to ya. but, if he has a genuine injury, after bending over backwards to satisfy the IBF by taking the Groves fights, don't you think he had a good case to go to the IBF and say, "Look , I'm injured at the minute , and when I come back , I think I deserve the right to a voluntary." especially after fighting the mandatory twice on the trot.
    He may be a sound guy (maybe not?), but he ain't so sound that he's gonna say "listen Chunky, I've got this elbow injury that'll keep me out for a month or 2 , so I don't want to hold up your career, you go for the title."
    that's bullshit, he doesn't give a flying fuck about Degale and I don't expect him to either.

That's how i see it

Of course Froch doesn't want to fight Degale next....High risk for shit money.

If Degale has a belt then it's a different story.

I heard Hearn is trying to get a Hopkins fight in the summer anyway, also i thought Froch (If genuinely injured) could apply to the IBF and get a few months grace due to the "Injury".

I Love Froch but don't believe for a second that he's got any injury at all - the sneaky cunt

Anyway who cares if he's blagging it.... he's more than earned his stripes.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De Gale v Direll is a good fight and the winner fights Grove makes perfect sense and this sense up a fight with Froch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has had this injury for a while and he wasn't going I to fights 100% , why risk that for the twilight of your career and come in with a niggle? When you can be on the sidelines for a bit and have the recovery and perform better. It's disappointing but common sense. I'd prefer Froch to fight Hopkins, as it really like both fighters. Let Degale build himself even more, let him have the belt and then have a fight later on. It's good business if anything as Degales stock would have rose dramatically if he gets the belt and maybe defends it vs Groves in a potential unification if Groves beats the other Dirrell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon if De gale wins the title then a unification fight with froch will be the next fight in the summer if a fight in Vegas doesn't come off for Carl think Eddie hearn will want to keep the belts with matchroom stable and have nothing to do with groves even if he wins a belt which makes sense business wise , he will need a big fight for Wembley if he can't make Brook v kahn

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch saying here that he want's Hopkins at Notts Forest FC

Froch: Facing Bernard Hopkins in Notttingham is Huge! - Boxing News

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wants to fight a 50-year-old who is coming off getting a hiding, the same bloke he rubbished Calzaghe for fighting a hundred years ago.

Shit matchup. Good press conferences/build up. Shit fight. Be hilarious if Hopkins fiddled his way to a decision.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He wants to fight a 50-year-old who is coming off getting a hiding, the same bloke he rubbished Calzaghe for fighting a hundred years ago.

Shit matchup. Good press conferences/build up. Shit fight. Be hilarious if Hopkins fiddled his way to a decision.
    This is why Froch loses a lot of fans, arrogance, self delusion and a short memory.Yes it was 7 years ago now, but back in 2008 he said about Calzaghe

""He fought Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr but he has forgotten that Hopkins is 43 and well, well past his best"

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B Hop is far more deserving than shitty Chavez Jnr. That fight won't happen with Froch anyway,because Fonfara is going to beat his ass. The only way I see Chavez Jnr winning is by a robbery, and you can probably see that happening as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B Hop is far more deserving than shitty Chavez Jnr. That fight won't happen with Froch anyway,because Fonfara is going to beat his ass. The only way I see Chavez Jnr winning is by a robbery, and you can probably see that happening as well.
    IF Froch has an elbow injury and has had it for a while, how can he even think about fights with Hopkins or Chavez? the Elbow injury needs to be cleared up surely? btw, it's not about whether Bhop is deserving of Froch, it's the other way round!

Thread Information