Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Murray - Preview and Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I was surprised with the shift in the 7th, Golovkin looked like he willingly gave up his face to work on things. In complete brutal control but he was being touched quite a bit , and then started that arcing left hook to do some serious damage. Reminded me of the way Foreman chopped down with the right hand in comeback.
    GGG has brutal power and is heavy handed even with the punch that Rocco hates so much.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray was brave, brave but stupid. Has anyone who cant punch gone into a fight with a relentless power puncher with the game plan of intentionally hitting the other guy less times than he is going to hit you?

Murray's game plan worked a treat and he got smashed to bits. I almost felt sorry for Collins and Woodhall pre fight, obliged to say that Murray has half a chance when in reality he had none.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Murray was brave, brave but stupid. Has anyone who cant punch gone into a fight with a relentless power puncher with the game plan of intentionally hitting the other guy less times than he is going to hit you?

Murray's game plan worked a treat and he got smashed to bits. I almost felt sorry for Collins and Woodhall pre fight, obliged to say that Murray has half a chance when in reality he had none.

Yeah Murray sitting back on the ropes was not a wise thing to do and Collins was right when he said he should have tried to impose his size and drive Golovkin backwards by any means, thing is once they feel his power they just back away.

Only 2 ways to beat Golovkin are to out power him in a toe to toe and hurt him and get him going backwards or to have a superb jab and reach advantage and Ali like footwork to score points then get the fuck out of the way sharpish

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to Murray that ring was small so he had no where to move and his best success was when he pushed GGG back.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a tiny ring but let's be honest here Murray had absolutely no chance of winning that fight.

Zero - fuck me i couldn't even see him winning a single round by anything he could have possibly offered.

Golovkin is just too good a fighter.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    It was a tiny ring but let's be honest here Murray had absolutely no chance of winning that fight.

Zero - fuck me i couldn't even see him winning a single round by anything he could have possibly offered.

Golovkin is just too good a fighter.
    True but he put the best effort any middleweight could and made GGG look ordinary at times, vulnerable to sneaky right hands and some body punches.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray can absorb seriously abnormal amounts of punishment compared to anyone Golovkin has faced before.

That's it really

I was amazed he got up from one of those body shots which was a killer blow landing right under the solar plexis.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Murray can absorb seriously abnormal amounts of punishment compared to anyone Golovkin has faced before.

That's it really

I was amazed he got up from one of those body shots which was a killer blow landing right under the solar plexis.
    He tried to take the punch and not show any pain until his body betrayed them and he yelled out in agony. I do not think anyone else could stop Murray at the weight. In fact I think Murray would have done better job against Abraham's than Smith did.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what Murray wrote on twitter.

Still don't know what it feels like to get a World Title but I know it won't feel as good as this!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin (left) invited Martin Murray for a drink the morning after he stopped the St Helens man

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin has accepted not only Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr’s challenge to a fight but also a $1m (£650,000) side stake.
    Golovkin smiled and said ‘sure’ when Chavez said he wanted to bet him that he will knock out the Kazakh at super-middleweight.
    That requires Golovkin to move up from middleweight, where he is world champion following 29 stoppages in 32 unbeaten fights, including the last 19 in succession.

Julio Cesar Chavez @jcchavezjr1
    Follow
    Without his power he's not that good of a boxer, I'll bet you GGG a million dollar of the purse that I'll knock you out if we fight ..

As the biggest pound-for-pound puncher in the world Golovkin has trouble finding big-name opponents and says he will gladly rise to the 12 stone limit to face Chavez and that bet ‘assuming he signs the contract this time.’
    Chavez is committed to an interim fight in April and is Carl Froch’s target for his much-wanted fight in Las Vegas, perhaps this summer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is what Murray wrote on twitter.

Still don't know what it feels like to get a World Title but I know it won't feel as good as this!

I know what he means. I'm always stoked about a trip to WHSmiths.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I can tell you with certainty, about that fight, is that Murray has nothing to be ashamed of.
    Murray came to win, gave it everything he had, and never quit. Is there anything there to criticize?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    What I can tell you with certainty, about that fight, is that Murray has nothing to be ashamed of.
    Murray came to win, gave it everything he had, and never quit. Is there anything there to criticize?
    I hope Murray gets a shot at one of the other title holders. I am sure he can beat Lee, Strum and Saunders.

Thread Information