Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone watching Brian Rose v Carson Jones?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: anyone watching Brian Rose v Carson Jones?

Ian John Lewison is a disgrace. Never mind the stoppage did you see his 30-27 scorecard in the 2nd prizefighter fight. Shocking.

Lads you got very lucky with Doran. Keeler would have won that easy had he not hurt his hand.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stoppage, the Englishman wouldve gotten permanent brain damage if Jones had landed one more good shot, the bloke was utterly defenseless and out on his feet. great stoppage. Good to see there was no damage to the poor Mr. Rose.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a strange shot that hurt Rose. There was talk of a rematch but it could the same way Price v Thompson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was a strange shot that hurt Rose. There was talk of a rematch but it could the same way Price v Thompson.
    agreed it was strange, but it hurt him and it made a loud sound that first shot on the ear, really loud, right at the end of the punch. Then he proceeded to eat about 10 more shots on the button, and started a lil' Zab judah mini-dance there at the end on his heels, good stoppage, he had no idea where he was, and didnt know how to clinch or tie up his opponent , it was the perfect 15 seconds left in the round for another 5, 6 power shots could have seriously injured Mr. Rose, good stoppage, getting hurt with a shot is one thing, but wobbling like that back on his heels, totally off-kilter at the waist and hips, like a rag-doll, well, thats just Danger Zone City and it was a good stoppage.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Ian John Lewis has a lot of previous

Go to 6.45 where he stops Enzo Macarenelli when he fought Ovell McKenzie. Ian John Lewis should not be in Boxing, what makes it worse, is that he's not even sure himself that he should stop it. Just look at this joker, the way he jumps in, but he's not sure.

I'd have more respect for him, if he just went in and was decisive, and sure of himself and waved the fight off.

He's terrible ref

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

Go to 6.45 where he stops Enzo Macarenelli when he fought Ovell McKenzie. Ian John Lewis should not be in Boxing, what makes it worse, is that he's not even sure himself that he should stop it. Just look at this joker, the way he jumps in, but he's not sure.

I'd have more respect for him, if he just went in and was decisive, and sure of himself and waved the fight off.

He's terrible ref
    His fight was far more ridiculous to stop than the Rose fight. Rose was out on his feet and taking shot after shot.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Rose was hurt Jones landed about 2 from 10 punches. Roses hands were high. Just a shocking call

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Ian John Lewison is a disgrace. Never mind the stoppage did you see his 30-27 scorecard in the 2nd prizefighter fight. Shocking.

Lads you got very lucky with Doran. Keeler would have won that easy had he not hurt his hand.
    I don't think so mate, Keeler lost I was not impressed he was lucky to win his first fight, sorry mate
    over hyped Doran boxed well with in himself.
    Keeler was pretty poor plenty of power, but very little else.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

I don't think so mate, Keeler lost I was not impressed he was lucky to win his first fight, sorry mate
    He was one handed after round one of first fight, which is why he threw loads of left hooks and upper cuts. Couldnt use his right hand at all.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: anyone watching Brian Rose v Carson Jones?

He was one handed after round one of first fight, which is why he threw loads of left hooks and upper cuts. Couldnt use his right hand at all.
    I have seen Doran box a few times, HE CAN PUNCH a bit himself Michael Bispin sparred with Tom
    and he got put down 3 times by Tom.
    Keeler was still using his right hand mate, but he was out boxed and Doran beat a bigger puncher
    in Renda , Tom has a very good left hook.!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have seen Doran box a few times, HE CAN PUNCH a bit himself Michael Bispin sparred with Tom
    Keeler was still using his right hand mate, but he was out boxed and Doran beat a bigger puncher
    Renda was useless though. Fought a complete pudding in the 1st, fought a guy who probably shouldnt have got through in the semi and then stopped by Doran. Doran may be better then I think but in a fight against a fit Keeler hes losing everyday.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Renda was useless though. Fought a complete pudding in the 1st, fought a guy who probably shouldnt have got through in the semi and then stopped by Doran. Doran may be better then I think but in a fight against a fit Keeler hes losing everyday.
    Sorry Keeler never impressed me, he was the favorite but from the off he waves his left hand about
    what's all that about,! sorry to say it he looked bloody hopeless to me I was expecting to see something special, he was a great disappointment in my eyes.
    In all honesty he looked like he had limited boxing ability, and just relied on punch power and little else, he may be better than what I seen of him I would be surprised if he was.!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ian John-Lewis gives his side to Brian Rose v Carson Jones stoppage | World Boxing News

IJL gives his side. Still a premature stoppage and it's getting a bit daft now with Lewis, fight after fight
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

He's terrible ref
    His fight was far more ridiculous to stop than the Rose fight. Rose was out on his feet and taking shot after shot.
    Refs have hard job. We know that. I don't want to go back forty years ago and see George Foreman Vs Joe Frazier fights. Fights were the ref takes way too long to end it. Foreman was bouncing Joe round the ring, lifting him up in the air with a punch, giving him an uppercut that would have felled a grizzly bear or even worse back in Rocky Marciano's or Joe Louis's day, the fighter near enough had to be killed before a ref would stop it.

Seriously look at pretty much any Mariano or Louis TKO and you'll see how reluctant refs were to stop fights in those days. No-one wasnt to go back to that.

But the problem with this (And it's becoming a growing problem in the UK) is that boxing is facing stern competition from other sources MMA, UFC and in way it's like, they're trying to put a 120 mph speed limit on Indy 500 or in Forumla One. Yes it woud make it a lot safer, but they would not be spectacles they are.

It's the brutality of boxing which is what makes it one the oldest and still most popular sports there is, take the brutality away and you have no sport.

Thread Information