Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Would Wlad wait around for Wilder if the latter mowed down his next 2-3 opponents?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would Wlad stick around for Wilder if the latter mows down another 2-3 top contenders

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Would Wlad stick around for Wilder if the latter mows down another 2-3 top conten

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't want Wlad to fight in a crouch, Lyle.
    I also don't want him not to give a shit about defense.

Geeez.... this shouldn't be so difficult.

Funny you should mention Foreman. Here's another guy who mostly towered over his opponents, with huge power in both hands, with mostly a straight-up stance, using his height and reach to his advantage. Another guy whose opponents for the most part went into the ring intimidated, looking to survive. Yet he never suffered from the same tag as Wlad, did he. Foreman during his early career did not get tagged that much (though he more than made up for that when he came back). Whatever he did was effective. Nowadays, he is not punch drunk, but an affable, engaging grandfather.

Not a good example to defend Wlad.
    Allllright, well Wlad USED to throw numerous punches as well....and as he learned with Purrity and with Brewster there WILL be guys who can take those punches albeit few and far between. Wlad also learned vs Corrie Sanders that being overly aggressive can leave you open to counter punches...guys with that kind of power and accuracy again few and far between. But now Wlad has corrected most notably THOSE mistakes and you're upset at him for basically not allowing his opponents the chance to beat him.

George Foreman got tagged a lot when he was older, he has a hell of a chin on him. But again you look at Old Foreman (boring calculating fighter looking for a big punch) and Young Foreman (exciting slugger) and what do you immediately think? I think he would have had a better career had he started boxing the way he did in his comeback rather than being just an outright slugger....would have probably beaten Ali fighting at a slower pace and not getting mindfucked....but riddle me this, if 45 year old George Foreman fought like the 25 year old Foreman how would that have gone

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Although he had a good jab he was very statuesque with his stance and boxing very slow and methodically. Open for that left hook.
    Indeed....a mere child could have beaten him

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Wlad stick around for Wilder if the latter mows down another 2-3 top conten

Wlad is using steroids.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As good as Wlad is, in the end he is a steroid bully.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    As good as Wlad is, in the end he is a steroid bully.
    Now that you mention it he is more musclebound than when he was younger.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey guys... we all got our different opinions when it comes to Wlad.

But back on point, I'd lovvvvvvvvvve to be able to see a strong, aggressive Wilder in the ring against Wlad. Why don't I want it right now? Hell.... even a Wlad hater such as myself can admit that Wilder right now is not ready for Wlad. That's why I'm saying at least one more fight. I don't want Wilder to waste a golden opportunity fighting Wlad before he's ready. And in a way it would be getting Wlad off the hook too easy. "Here.... fight the young phenom now, before he's ready. Beat his ass (legally or with tricks).... claim the victory over the last remaining threat.... and get the hell out of Dodge."

No. Before Wlad rides off into the sunset, I want to see a good, competitive heavyweight fight with give and take. I want to see Wlad get tagged and see how he takes it at this point in his career. If he has that kind of fight, and still comes back to win in epic fashion..... I'll take back every single negative cotton-picking thing I've ever said about Wlad.

Thread Information