Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who think that Mayweather is not afraid of Pacman.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default For those who think that Mayweather is not afraid of Pacman.

Watch carefully this link and tell me if Floyd was not the reason why the fight did not push through years ago.

Mayweather has been caught in videos admitting that he was really afraid of Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For those who think that Mayweather is not afraid of Pacman.

That's it, Bruce. You have convinced us all now!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

steroid cheat

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get it all in now so you can disappear May 3rd.

It's f'n retarded. If he was scared he wouldn't have agreed in 2009, he wouldn't have agreed now. They can't force him to fight. I can't grasp how people can be so stupid buying into these completely transparent sales tactics.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its business no#1. Floyd has made more cash from the sport doing it this way around with less risk to loosing the top spot and the giant hauls along the way.
    That isnt chicken or afraid, it is smart he has outsmarted everyone and fought who he wanted to when he wanted to.
    Thats why he will win this one too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People can make any wild claims and come to as many wild conclusions as they want, but I don't know why you'd bother when the facts are out there.

FACT 1: The fight fell through because Manny would not agree on a 14 day cut off for a drug test. That's not my opinion, that's not a wild conclusion, that's a fact.

FACT 2: Bob Arum himself has admitted that they were wrong to not accept that term because, in his words, they were "ignorant about the drug testing stuff" (that's an ACTUAL quote, not a Bill Paxton quote ).

There facts are easily verified by a quick Google search by anyone who's interested in knowing the truth.

So I'll put the question to anyone who thinks Floyd was the problem: let's say me and you were trying to make a deal, and I wanted a stipulation in that deal that you wouldn't agree to and so the deal never got made. Years down the road, we meet up and you say "you know what? I should have agreed to that stipulation, I didn't because I was ignorant and didn't know enough about it, if the deal was on the table today I would agree to it." Who would you blame, in hindsight, for the deal originally not going through?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Body language says otherwise

Last edited by AdamGB; 02-27-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    People can make any wild claims and come to as many wild conclusions as they want, but I don't know why you'd bother when the facts are out there.

FACT 1: The fight fell through because Manny would not agree on a 14 day cut off for a drug test. That's not my opinion, that's not a wild conclusion, that's a fact.

FACT 2: Bob Arum himself has admitted that they were wrong to not accept that term because, in his words, they were "ignorant about the drug testing stuff" (that's an ACTUAL quote, not a Bill Paxton quote ).

There facts are easily verified by a quick Google search by anyone who's interested in knowing the truth.

So I'll put the question to anyone who thinks Floyd was the problem: let's say me and you were trying to make a deal, and I wanted a stipulation in that deal that you wouldn't agree to and so the deal never got made. Years down the road, we meet up and you say "you know what? I should have agreed to that stipulation, I didn't because I was ignorant and didn't know enough about it, if the deal was on the table today I would agree to it." Who would you blame, in hindsight, for the deal originally not going through?
    with fact one you could just as easily say that the fight fell through because floyd started going on about additional drug tests that boxers dont normally go through

with fact 2 a lot of people said a lot of stuff and to pick out one sentence said without considering everything else that was said doesnt make it the be all and end all of everything that was said

and just to summarise FACT1 is an opinion and FACT2 is extremely insignificant in the bigger picture
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny put out the stipulation that Floyd would owe him millions of dollars for every pound he might come in over the limit... do all boxers go through that, too?

It's not like Floyd was asking him to do anything he wasn't going to do. If you're not using steroids, then why would you care?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Manny put out the stipulation that Floyd would owe him millions of dollars for every pound he might come in over the limit... do all boxers go through that, too?

It's not like Floyd was asking him to do anything he wasn't going to do. If you're not using steroids, then why would you care?
    just the fact that you are trying to argue that it is a fact by using other opinions makes it not clear that it is a fact at all

in fact it more confirms that it isnt a fact and just the opinion of a bias floyd fan

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not arguing that it's a fact, it is a fact.

Job Biscuit,
    eh eh

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 nil eric

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got annihilated, sir. Just like a British fighter when he goes up against a good foreign one

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Floyd afraid of the fast, southpaw manny pacquiao?
    Was Floyd Afraid of a Possibly roided up fast southpaw, who was able to carry his power up in weight?
    Was Floyd Afraid of Losing his unbeaten record against a fighter that represented and uncalculated risk by possibly facing a fast southpaw who was able to carry his power up in weight in what was considered an unnatural fashion?

Of the 3, i'll take the 3rd. Rather get into the PED argument, I'll leave whatever you believe about that up to the reader. Whichever you believe, the first represents risk, the second represents more risk. The third represents the most and floyd doesnt like risk. As absurd as that sounds given his lifestyle habits which domestic violence, showing off, and other questionable acts for someone with so much to lose.... Its indeed probable.

His life is spent minimizing risk. Gigantic bodygaurds for would be robbers, high priced legal teams for assault cases, etc. Hiring Ariza away from maidana and smaller acts like that. Now that the fight is going to happen, hes minimized the risk surrounding pacquiao. Drug tests agreed to, a cut better than the one he didn't want to settle for before, almost all the other advantages on the contract. ring walk order, introductions, announcement privileges. Hes created what he feels is a winnable situation for himself with little risk. If he loses, his fans will say time finally caught up to him.

The only problem is if he wins..... his legacy will still take a hit for it when all is said and done. As he sits back proclaims himself the best ever. There will always be a heckler who stands up and shouts that he waited for Marquez and Bradley (bum decision) to do the dirty work and fought pac only after he knew he was beatable. Every fighter has one... There will always be people that claimed that Ali's phantom punch was liston throwing the fight or that michalczewski was roy jones's silver bullet, etc. I think this will only become magnified by floyds self marketing and primadonna bargaining style.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

Watch carefully this link and tell me if Floyd was not the reason why the fight did not push through years ago.

Mayweather has been caught in videos admitting that he was really afraid of Pacquaio.
    The bottom line is this fight is happening on May 2nd because of floyd no one else, he could of easily of picked two other fights and not chose pacman due to the fact him and arum don't get along. Floyd is going to really do a job on manny remember floyd always fights bigger guys, he's going to beat the shit out of the smaller pacman.

Thread Information