Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: George St.pierre vs Matt Hughes 2!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default George St.pierre vs Matt Hughes 2!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking GSP is going to win in the rematch he's on a crazy winning streak and he made Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk seem like amateurs.
    I want to know who you guys think is going to win in the rematch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George St.pierre vs Matt Hughes 2!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody with half a brain should recognize that this could easily go either way. GSP is a more entertaining fighter and in my opinion, more well rounded, but Hughes is ALWAYS dangerous. Think of Hughes vs. Trigg 2... Hughes was virtually unconscious and came back to win by Rear Naked Choke. Or Hughes vs. GSP the first time... he pulled an armbar out of nowhere after what seemed to be a loosing round. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

It'd be crazy to see Gracie defeat Hughes and then have GSP vs. Gracie for the title :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George St Pierre

The mans a natural

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd be crazy to dismiss Hughes, If they faught 10 times, I think it's be 7-3 to GSP, he has more ways to win IMO, I can't wait for this fight, it has to be the most eagerly anticipated of all time, other than Hughes V Gracie.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    You'd be crazy to dismiss Hughes, If they faught 10 times, I think it's be 7-3 to GSP, he has more ways to win IMO, I can't wait for this fight, it has to be the most eagerly anticipated of all time, other than Hughes V Gracie.
    cc. Great point! GSP is my pick, but no matter how much I dislike Hughes, I gotta admit he's a great fighter and dangerous at all times.

"I hate you, Ron Burgundy(sub Matt Hughes), but damnit, I respect you."

--From Anchorman, Legend of Ron Burgundy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GSP over Hughes : I predict that GSP will dominate by strikes in the first round and that he will avoid going to the mat with Hughes unless he has him hurt or exhausted. I would not be surprised to see the bout stopped by cut.

As far as Gracie versus Hughes , I predict that Gracie will come very close to breaking the rules if the fight is close. I have seen footage of him continuing several seconds after an opponent tapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those were from the 1st UFC if thats what your thinking of, and it was because Shamrock tapped, and he released the hold, but the ref didnt see it and almost allowed the fight to go on (Shamrock admitted he tapped, but the ref still said he didnt see it). So the next few fights he fought in UFC, he held the subs extra long to make sure the ref saw...

At least thats his excuse.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B
    Anybody with half a brain should recognize that this could easily go either way. GSP is a more entertaining fighter and in my opinion, more well rounded, but Hughes is ALWAYS dangerous. Think of Hughes vs. Trigg 2... Hughes was virtually unconscious and came back to win by Rear Naked Choke. Or Hughes vs. GSP the first time... he pulled an armbar out of nowhere after what seemed to be a loosing round. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

It'd be crazy to see Gracie defeat Hughes and then have GSP vs. Gracie for the title :P
    The Gracie vs. Hughes fight is a non title bout as far as I know. If anyone is going to beat Matt Hughes in the welterweight division, it's Georges St. Pierre. I would never count Matt Hughes out, but GSP has improved immeasurably since the last time they fought. I really can't see Hughes winning unless he gets mount and ground and pounds. His strength is his only advantage, but at the same time, GSP is a very strong fighter as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right about the Shamrock/Gracie incident regarding the ref missing the tap out. However, Gracie also held the French kickboxer well past tap out. He also held an armbar after repeated taps from a kicker who had previously worked out with him(forgive me for not recalling his name). Both of these occured in the early days of the Octagon.

To be fair , Gracie also went remarkably easy on an older fighter (Van Clief?) who should not have been in the ring.

But back to the GSP/Hughes fight; I predict GSP will win a decision primarily based on superior striking.

Thread Information