Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who will shine in 2015?

Jr. Middle- Andrade

Canelo beats Kirkland in a war ( but my heart wants Kirk to win) & Andrade beats Lara in a chess match setting up Canelo vs Andrade.

I got Andrade to shine in 2015

HW- Wilder
    Fury's mouth gets his mouth in what is butt won't get him out of Fury-Wilder. Probably finish off with Povetkin or a fan-friendly match with a past his prime Arreola.
    Wilder wins big in 2015. Little chance of him fighting Wlad this year- though Wlad may push 4 it.

MW- Gennady Golovkin
    GGG vs Quillen in 2015 no reason not to happen. GGG wears down PQ-
    GGG in 2015 is compared to Haglar & Monzon.

LW Terrence Crawford quietly cleans out his division in 2015. Little chance of major promotion for him. Too many big fights this year will overpower his name, but he should unify the division.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree about Terence Crawford, except I think he will be competing all year at light Welter. He won't get beat this year, although he may not get to fight Danny Garcia. Probably Dulorme then Algieri.
    Nicholas Walters - will mop up anyone prepared to fight him at FW And looking at the size of him, he must move up to Super FW and do the same.
    Kovalev - he'll take the Canadian Dollars all year long. First by beating Pascal, and then Adonis will be forced to fight him and that could end up very messy for "Superman".

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will shine in 2015?

Erik Skogslund Nah but seriously i think Keith thurman will go hard this year! Hope there will be a few new people coming up!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Agree about Terence Crawford, except I think he will be competing all year at light Welter. He won't get beat this year, although he may not get to fight Danny Garcia. Probably Dulorme then Algieri.
    Nicholas Walters - will mop up anyone prepared to fight him at FW And looking at the size of him, he must move up to Super FW and do the same.
    Kovalev - he'll take the Canadian Dollars all year long. First by beating Pascal, and then Adonis will be forced to fight him and that could end up very messy for "Superman".
    It's amazing that after that one shitty set up with Garcia fighting Salka, after Garcia had a shitty outing with Herrera, we forgot that Danny Garcia can fight AND think more about the politics being in the way of him being one to "shine".

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Jr. Middle- Andrade

Canelo beats Kirkland in a war ( but my heart wants Kirk to win) & Andrade beats Lara in a chess match setting up Canelo vs Andrade.

HW- Wilder
    Fury's mouth gets his mouth in what is butt won't get him out of Fury-Wilder. Probably finish off with Povetkin or a fan-friendly match with a past his prime Arreola.
    Wilder wins big in 2015. Little chance of him fighting Wlad this year- though Wlad may push 4 it.

MW- Gennady Golovkin

LW Terrence Crawford quietly cleans out his division in 2015. Little chance of major promotion for him. Too many big fights this year will overpower his name, but he should unify the division.
    It's sad that the only one on this list about to do REAL work is Crawford. All because Crawford is the only one with all of the "ups"- he is at a new weight, with new guys, going in for titles, and will have challengers who feels he is too small so he will always be the underdog if only a small odds fav to win any of these.

GGG/Quillen will not happen in 2015. Quillen's boss knows better at this stage. A year ago it would have been ok, but he KNOWS now GGG is the real deal.

Andrade has some ups, but there is no sure-shot he beats Lara. lolol.... so, let's see him get past Lara.

In Wilder's case, the fights with Pulev and Povetkin at least would prove he is legitimate. We know he will not fight Pulev and probably will wait til the last minute to fight Povetkin. He will have a better chance at fighting Fury, but Fury is no world-wide record beater.

Wilder is bullshitting on this hand issue. Word has it that his hand could have either healed all together, or that he could have rehabbed it better and quicker. He wants to linger around to get a shot at Wlad if/when Wlad comes out of the Jennings fight.

Wilder is doing shit.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I think GGG vs Quillen is put on the back burner as Quillen will fight Andy Lee and should have an easy time with Andy.

Wlad smashes Jennings, but before the year's over Jennings gets a solid W under his belt maybe in a Friday Night Fight vs some bum.

Wilder and Fury will more than likely remain inactive waiting for Wladimir.

James Kirkland's career finally ends as Canelo whups him and it will be a prolonged beating.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-10-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko continues his reign. Considers retiring after beating Jennings and Fury.

Kovalev is in tough this weekend, but I like him to come out victorious. He ends up having another good year and is the top light heavyweight. Stevenson? Who is Stevenson?

Andre Ward moves up to light heavyweight, setting up a mega clash with Kovalev in 2016.

GGG beats down what's left of the middleweight division. Even his fans begin clamoring for a fight between him and a top super middleweight. His people reach out to Abraham for a huge fight in Germany in 2016.

At junior middleweight, Canelo shines against Kirkland, but stays away from Andrade. Andrade faces Lara and wins. No clear top guy.

At welterweight, the division is wide open. Garcia moves up after beating Peterson. Broner moves back to the division after failing to make weight against Molina. Broner and Garcia fight. Garcia wins fans over after his win against Broner. Brook continues his ways on the other side of the pond. Khan faces Floyd at the end of the year and loses.

Provo vs. Matthysse is the FOY. Crawford storms the division after beating up Dulorme.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Jr. Middle- Andrade

HW- Wilder

MW- Gennady Golovkin

It's sad that the only one on this list about to do REAL work is Crawford. All because Crawford is the only one with all of the "ups"- he is at a new weight, with new guys, going in for titles, and will have challengers who feels he is too small so he will always be the underdog if only a small odds fav to win any of these.

GGG/Quillen will not happen in 2015. Quillen's boss knows better at this stage. A year ago it would have been ok, but he KNOWS now GGG is the real deal.

Andrade has some ups, but there is no sure-shot he beats Lara. lolol.... so, let's see him get past Lara.

In Wilder's case, the fights with Pulev and Povetkin at least would prove he is legitimate. We know he will not fight Pulev and probably will wait til the last minute to fight Povetkin. He will have a better chance at fighting Fury, but Fury is no world-wide record beater.

Wilder is bullshitting on this hand issue. Word has it that his hand could have either healed all together, or that he could have rehabbed it better and quicker. He wants to linger around to get a shot at Wlad if/when Wlad comes out of the Jennings fight.

Wilder is doing shit.
    Terence Crawford moving to 140, fighting on 4/18
    The link above speaks a bit about the size factor you mentioned. It also give the political downfall: If Crawford is Top Rank---how will he get in with GBP or Haymon fighters? Thats why I predict he will be a force (quietly). Also interesting is that the writer of this article thinks Mathysse is possible, but Crawford aint ready for it. I disagree. Everyone @ some point has to dive in to the deep waters.

I think Andrade had been overlooked and underated, while Lara has been overated. I can't argue that both Lara's losses to PW & Canelo could have gone either way. We will see if these two dance. I don't think Andrade will expose Lara, rather just beat him with more tools in the shed.

Notice I didn't even mention Pulev as a choice for Wilder. Real deal or not- if he is matched correctly- he will shine & America will have a HW at least for 2015 to boast.

2 dark horses for 2015: The Dirrell Brothers. Bad managment with Andre has hampered him, and I think Bika gave Anthony some good sharpening. I won't sleep on these 2 for 2015. Interesting how the SMW division was hot for some years and now its fizzling.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Jose Benavidez shine this year? Or will he get polished off?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton will continue to shine on ITV.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jr. Middle- Andrade

HW- Wilder

MW- Gennady Golovkin

Wilder is doing shit.
    The link above speaks a bit about the size factor you mentioned. It also give the political downfall: If Crawford is Top Rank---how will he get in with GBP or Haymon fighters? Thats why I predict he will be a force (quietly). Also interesting is that the writer of this article thinks Mathysse is possible, but Crawford aint ready for it. I disagree. Everyone @ some point has to dive in to the deep waters.

I think Andrade had been overlooked and underated, while Lara has been overated. I can't argue that both Lara's losses to PW & Canelo could have gone either way. We will see if these two dance. I don't think Andrade will expose Lara, rather just beat him with more tools in the shed.

Notice I didn't even mention Pulev as a choice for Wilder. Real deal or not- if he is matched correctly- he will shine & America will have a HW at least for 2015 to boast.

2 dark horses for 2015: The Dirrell Brothers. Bad managment with Andre has hampered him, and I think Bika gave Anthony some good sharpening. I won't sleep on these 2 for 2015. Interesting how the SMW division was hot for some years and now its fizzling.
    If Andre Dirrell beats James DeGale, Andre Dirrell against Andre Ward is the logical fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Jr. Middle- Andrade

HW- Wilder

MW- Gennady Golovkin

Wilder is doing shit.

If Andre Dirrell beats James DeGale, Andre Dirrell against Andre Ward is the logical fight.
    We have been there before, they are friends and will not fight one another.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Jr. Middle- Andrade

HW- Wilder

MW- Gennady Golovkin

Wilder is doing shit.

We have been there before, they are friends and will not fight one another.
    @RantC I'm amped baby!! Great update.
    Master- I think they will fight. The problem was there was no money on the table and few people outside of Ward's hometown know who he is, let alone he won the Supersix. With that being said: heartbraking that Showtime gave us the baddest SMW's to showcase and America didn't bite.

But with this PBC thing breaking out on local television? Shoot bruh man...Ward & Dirrell just need the right $$$ and they will do it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think that the charlo brothers will really break out this year with some solid wins.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fly- Now that Ruenroeng has upset the apple cart perhaps 112 gets a little shine that is long over due. Not sure what Gonzalez is going to do as he got some pretty easy work for his entry to 115. That’s a nice unification fight with Ruenroeng. Sosa has also worked his way back into the picture. If Gonzalez goes back down he will continue to shine there with little fanfare. Its an odd feeling but for his sake I kind of hope he gets asked to join one of the new kids in the block.

115 is pretty stacked. I think Inoue will remain the class of that div along with Tete as competitive as it is and if Gonzalez hangs around those are mouthwatering matchups.

Jumping to 122 , that division has not been this stacked for over a decade. Frampton. Rigo, Quigg and Cruz along with a tremendous supporting cast. Lets hope at least one of those possible pairings get made. At least 4 to 6 guys that could really shine. One of if not the most competitive division in boxing.

Feather has an animal. Release the Kraken. It’s another deep division as long as none of them go near Nicolas Walters. He may have to move up. Even if they give this kid their lunch money he’s still going to shine. I think Russell Jr will get back on track and Loma is also a standout.You start talking a melding of 122 and 126 and the matchups are incredible.

130/135 is looking a little transitional. Garcia seems in perpetual limbo and Crawford has moved up leaving a bit of a void. Don’t see anything spectacular coming out of the woodwork this year.

At 140 we have Crawford moving up which means Garcia will also. I think once Terrance gets rolling he will be the shining example for that division which has very marketable fights but has also slowed.

I think Brook is the class of 147. I’m not even going to include the other two fighting in May. I think Kell will shine but I also think Jojo is really going to test him. Once he gets this first defense out of the way I think it’s a pretty smooth ride for Kell no matter who they put in front of him. Him and Khan at the end of 2015 would be huge.

At 154 its pretty stacked up top. Andrade looks the goods but I think it will be Jermell Charlo’s year or is that Jermall? Both twins will come into their own this year with Jermell being the standout.

I’ll stop there because if I venture into 160/168 it will be my cynicism that shines on through.

Thread Information