1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward v Froch - negotiations underway says Hearn

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Things have changed since they last fought and it is good to have the rematch at least Froch can not be accused of avoiding Ward.
    Hang on a minute, we've only got Hearn's word that there are talks in place. As far as I'm concerned, for a guy who supposedly is a warrior who takes on everyone, there's quite a few fights out there he doesn't want for a variety of reasons.
    Infact, the only fight I've heard him say he wants is an overblown MW with no title and that's only because for some crazy unknown reason apart from his name the Americans/Mexicans see him as a PPV fighter .
    Let's make it clear, they don't see Froch as a PPV fighter.
    There is no other big fight that Froch can make at this moment in time except Ward and that has to be in the UK for carl to win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Things have changed since they last fought and it is good to have the rematch at least Froch can not be accused of avoiding Ward.
    Hang on a minute, we've only got Hearn's word that there are talks in place. As far as I'm concerned, for a guy who supposedly is a warrior who takes on everyone, there's quite a few fights out there he doesn't want for a variety of reasons.
    Infact, the only fight I've heard him say he wants is an overblown MW with no title and that's only because for some crazy unknown reason apart from his name the Americans/Mexicans see him as a PPV fighter .
    I dont really get your point. Frochs last 2 fights were PPVs and were bot successful. I dont rate Froch at all and think hes so average and a cunt so no biased from me but who is he ducking? Degale? Maybe but more likely is he wants a big fight in Vegas, which is why he targeted Chavez.

Froch is old now and close to retirement. He has won a world title and fought the best in the division. Its a perfectly acceptable notion that as a boy he dreamed to fight in a big fight in Vegas. Ward may be able to deliver that but hes certainly not a PPV star. Degale couldnt do that either. GGG possibly could but looks determined to stay in MW. Outside that who is there? Maybe one of the Dirrells?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no other big fight that Froch can make at this moment in time except Ward and that has to be in the UK for carl to win.
    Gotta disagree. Why is Chavez a bigger fight than Degale for a World Title. Who has Chavez beat at SMW? Is Chavez a bigger fight than Golovkin? Is Chavez a bigger fight than unification fights like Abraham and Dirrell? I'm sure the governing bodies would've waived the mandatories if Froch had kept his title and wanted to unify. Is Chavez a bigger fight than Hopkins or Kovalev?
    In reality Froch is looking for what he thinks is an easy opponent for good money , not the best though(other fights could earn him more.).
    People say "he deserves it", but if you put yourself up there as the best (and he regularly says that), then you should fight the best. Why should people shell out for a meaningless fight like Chavez?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only one that can give ward any issues is a prime calzaghe and that will never happen.

Ward is in the gym every single day and is constantly keeping himself fit with sparring etc...

Ward is still the man to beat and just imagine if froch could do it in his hometown as his last fight..epic!

Ward has already beat froch 10-2 with a broken hand...froch knows how good ward is thats why he wants a big payday with Chavez and I cant blame him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I dont really get your point. Frochs last 2 fights were PPVs and were bot successful. I dont rate Froch at all and think hes so average and a cunt so no biased from me but who is he ducking? Degale? Maybe but more likely is he wants a big fight in Vegas, which is why he targeted Chavez.

Froch is old now and close to retirement. He has won a world title and fought the best in the division. Its a perfectly acceptable notion that as a boy he dreamed to fight in a big fight in Vegas. Ward may be able to deliver that but hes certainly not a PPV star. Degale couldnt do that either. GGG possibly could but looks determined to stay in MW. Outside that who is there? Maybe one of the Dirrells?
    My point is either fight a meaningful fight or retire. As you can see, I'm not a fan of Froch, but I have to say that as it stands at this moment, he is no.1 in the division. I'm not prepared to think about Ward till he has a date for a fight and a named opponent.
    With that being the case, why should he beg a guy to fight him who in the ring has done fuck all in the division? Because of his "dream to top the bill in Vegas!" It's a fucking circus act and a pisstake really.
    And let's be honest, the reason his last 2 fights were PPV (in a land where Bellew v Cleverley is deemed worthy of PPV let's not forget.) is down to Groves whether we like him or not. Groves hyped it up and because in the 1st fight he did everything he said he'd do , the 2nd became irresistible.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    it was 8-4 last time, not a complete domination by any means
    According to one judge , Canelo got a draw against Mayweather. Was that a complete domination?
    Ward totally Schooled him.

no he didnt

you are just bumming ward

why do people bum ward so much
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    it was 8-4 last time, not a complete domination by any means
    it was more like 10-2. No way Froch won 4 rounds without generosity.
    yeah he did, theres no way ward won 10 rounds without bumming him

and anyway, lets see ward come to england

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward schooled Froch.
    Have you even seen the fight?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Ward schooled Froch.

yep

if you call schooling winning 8-4 then he definately schooled him

still i dont know why people bum him, its not the sweet science and it isnt exciting, its just grappling, land a punch on the way in

yeah hes top at landing a punch then stopping his opponent punching

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward schooled Froch.

yep

still i dont know why people bum him, its not the sweet science and it isnt exciting, its just grappling, land a punch on the way in

I'm not Bumming Ward, I don't really want to consider him till he fights again because he's too inactive. But in the Froch fight, all I can remember is Froch blocking punches all night long with his face and not having an answer to it, and then when he thought he would be stronger on the inside, Ward outstrengthed him as well. Just how Virgil Hunter said he would before the fight.
    It's not cos I think Ward is some superhero, more the fact that Froch is overrated as a boxer really.
    Froch does have some good points in his defence , Granite chin, perfect fitness and conditioning for that weight ,but technically he's pretty poor.
    Finally , I do understand people saying Froch has a better chance because of Ward's inactivity, but let's not forget that Froch hasn't fought for a year and at 37 that can't be a positive.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward schooled Froch.

yep

I'm not Bumming Ward, I don't really want to consider him till he fights again because he's too inactive. But in the Froch fight, all I can remember is Froch blocking punches all night long with his face and not having an answer to it, and then when he thought he would be stronger on the inside, Ward outstrengthed him as well. Just how Virgil Hunter said he would before the fight.
    It's not cos I think Ward is some superhero, more the fact that Froch is overrated as a boxer really.
    Froch does have some good points in his defence , Granite chin, perfect fitness and conditioning for that weight ,but technically he's pretty poor.
    Finally , I do understand people saying Froch has a better chance because of Ward's inactivity, but let's not forget that Froch hasn't fought for a year and at 37 that can't be a positive.
    Froch cant be that poor techincally, hes beaten everyone he has fought appart from ward, all the top fighters in a strong division for the last so many years

you dont do that if youre poor technically

ward beat froch, but he didnt school him, he threw punches on the way in and then grappled so froch couldnt hit him back, its the way ward fights

yes hes very good at it and will be very hard to beat

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch admission himself he can't beat Ward and it was only last month he said he didn't want to fight him again because he simply can't win.

Like I said it's an ugly fight and Froch was totally clueless last time and imo schooled.

He hardly landed anything all night and was technically exposed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master, some of you posts make me giggle. Stop it!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward schooled Froch.

yep

Froch cant be that poor techincally, hes beaten everyone he has fought appart from ward, all the top fighters in a strong division for the last so many years

you dont do that if youre poor technically

ward beat froch, but he didnt school him, he threw punches on the way in and then grappled so froch couldnt hit him back, its the way ward fights

yes hes very good at it and will be very hard to beat
    1. it's not a strong division is it? when it was a strong division (super six) he got beat by Ward , he got beat by Kessler, arguably got outboxed by Dirrell and was losing on the scorecards against a blown up MW (Taylor)with 14 seconds to go . He was only in the final because Kessler was injured ffs.
    he beat a raw Pascal , and another blown up MW at the time (Abraham) .btw , technically that was his best performance of the whole series I'll give him that.
    he also got outboxed by Groves (who wasn't and isn't proven at World level) . the reason he beat these guys is not technical ability , it is his Heart, Conditioning and Chin.
    I've always given him those attributes , but technically , he has a decent jab which he used very well in his last fight and that's it.
    Watch again, because Ward Boxed Froch's face off. Every time he came forward , Ward plugged him straight on the nose, it was embarrassing. His face was like a beetroot after 2 rounds.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch admission himself he can't beat Ward and it was only last month he said he didn't want to fight him again because he simply can't win.

Like I said it's an ugly fight and Froch was totally clueless last time and imo schooled.

He hardly landed anything all night and was technically exposed.
    have you got evidence of froch saying this?

seems like a bit too a damning and wide of the mark statement to be taken seriously

when boxing fans dont like a fighter they often go over the top on how shit he is to try and make a point

Thread Information