Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eddie Hearn?

What do the Brits think about Hearn? I was just reading in Saddo Boxing News that Khan says Hearn's disrespectful attitude killed the Brook/Khan fight.
    What's the truth?😳

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Hearn?

He's got British boxing by the balls as he has an exclusive contract with the only network that does PPV so no other promoters can compete with him for the top Brit fighters.

He's really no different to Warren, he just hasn't pissed fight fans off long enough yet for them to view him the same way. If he keeps on serving up garbage PPV cards it won't take long.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook's hopes of Amir Khan fight may have been scuppered by promoter Eddie Hearn - Mirror Online

Here's an article on the matter. As a boxing fan, I think a showdown between Brook and Khan would be magnificent... pretty much for bragging rights in the UK. There's many reasons not to agree to a fight, money being the primary reason. But to refuse a fight because the other guy's promoter is being "disrespectful"? I think that would even more of a reason to want to have the fight, given the proper financial arrangements. Who's really being punished here? Brook? I don't think so. More like the fans, who deserve this kind of fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Kell Brook's hopes of Amir Khan fight may have been scuppered by promoter Eddie Hearn - Mirror Online

Here's an article on the matter. As a boxing fan, I think a showdown between Brook and Khan would be magnificent... pretty much for bragging rights in the UK. There's many reasons not to agree to a fight, money being the primary reason. But to refuse a fight because the other guy's promoter is being "disrespectful"? I think that would even more of a reason to want to have the fight, given the proper financial arrangements. Who's really being punished here? Brook? I don't think so. More like the fans, who deserve this kind of fight.
    The list of excuses will never stop growing. This one is particularly silly though, this man who has no obligation to show me respect on a matter that I deserve no respect for is showing me no respect on the matter I deserve no respect for. Or in this case even worse daddy is saying it for him. Just shut the hell up all Khans until you decide to make a real fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn does seem to be alienating possible opponents for his guys and the hardcore fans are starting to see that he's serving them crap on sky sports.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an excuse from Khan and a very poor one at that.

Khan has an ego and he thinks he is bigger than he really is.

His management are scared about his weak chin.

Khan personally dislikes Brooks so much he would rather loose a huge pay day so that Brook would not get one from him

Hearn is a smug git and I would love to wipe that smirk off his face with his crap ppv fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    He's got British boxing by the balls as he has an exclusive contract with the only network that does PPV so no other promoters can compete with him for the top Brit fighters.

He's really no different to Warren, he just hasn't pissed fight fans off long enough yet for them to view him the same way. If he keeps on serving up garbage PPV cards it won't take long.

Having dumped on Khan for his silly excuse not to fight Brook, I must now comment on what you've said about Hearn.

I didn't realize he had that kind of a monopoly on British boxing, and that is really sad. It's little wonder the average British boxing fan doesn't like the guy. Anytime you have a position that advantageous, it's a shitty deal for the rest of the world. Although it's probably all the network's fault, for not protecting its interests a little better.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having dumped on Khan for his silly excuse not to fight Brook, I must now comment on what you've said about Hearn.

I didn't realize he had that kind of a monopoly on British boxing, and that is really sad. It's little wonder the average British boxing fan doesn't like the guy. Anytime you have a position that advantageous, it's a shitty deal for the rest of the world. Although it's probably all the network's fault, for not protecting its interests a little better.
    Warren is still in business and boxnation has a sizeable subscribing audience. So while Hearn may have the cream of the crop, there is competition. I think you would find a lot of British boxing fans would love the guy. Not us cynical bastards here but certainly casual fans. Hearn will talk to people who helped him on the way up, have a laugh and joke at his own expense, and you can see that unlike most promoters he really is more like the average fans than most have ever been. Yes he is in it for the money, and does not give a monkeys how crap a card is that he will try and make PPV but a lot of the other free to view cards Matchroom put on are pretty stacked with domestic and often European and Commonwealth quality match ups.

He is helped obviously by his father monopolising Snooker and Darts on Sky TV ,and the fact that Barrie Hearn was the guy who took a big gamble on Eubank and was a big part of the MW/SMW British fights of the 90's (Eubank/Benn/Watson etc) who were huge free to air TV stars because of the rivalries between them, does not hurt Eddies profile either.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the input. He's exactly what I thought he would be, a good or bad guy depending on who you talk to.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you touched him, I think you would have greasy and slightly meatily pungent fingers, as if you had stroked an overripe, peeled avocado.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing promoters don't you just love them, slimy, insincere, people that give
    us our sport,! but at a price.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes I close my eyes when listening to his interviews because he's so much his dad.

A promoter with more twitter followers than most boxers in the world. Madness. Clearly doing something right. All his British rivals hate him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Warren is still in business and boxnation has a sizeable subscribing audience. So while Hearn may have the cream of the crop, there is competition. I think you would find a lot of British boxing fans would love the guy. Not us cynical bastards here but certainly casual fans. Hearn will talk to people who helped him on the way up, have a laugh and joke at his own expense, and you can see that unlike most promoters he really is more like the average fans than most have ever been. Yes he is in it for the money, and does not give a monkeys how crap a card is that he will try and make PPV but a lot of the other free to view cards Matchroom put on are pretty stacked with domestic and often European and Commonwealth quality match ups.

He is helped obviously by his father monopolising Snooker and Darts on Sky TV ,and the fact that Barrie Hearn was the guy who took a big gamble on Eubank and was a big part of the MW/SMW British fights of the 90's (Eubank/Benn/Watson etc) who were huge free to air TV stars because of the rivalries between them, does not hurt Eddies profile either.
    Warren is reduced to backing huys that Hearn and Sky don't have room for on their schedules though and pushing them into world title fights where they can get the belt holder over cheaply to fight the Brit. Guys like Derry Matthews, Paul Butler and especially that bloke from Darlington who won a world title have all got title shots that they probably would never have had if Box Nation didn't need to fill up its schedule. These are guys who were all signed to small northern promoters and Warren has come up with the readies and the contacts to get them a shot so he's got something to show on his channel.

Warren does still have one or two guys like Saunders under contract but if Saunders beats Eubank and Lee and is a bona fide 160 champ and out of contract I bet Hearn comes calling.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn is just his dad's puppet and will be until Barry Hearn dies, yes he's in the thick of it and running the show but you can bet your life it's Barry Hearn who ultimately makes the big decisions when needed.

Frank warren lost his weekly sun newspaper column in the sun sports papers ( UK tabloid paper that outsells the rest by massive amounts) now it's Barry Hearn who writes that column not Eddie Hearn

I really don't mind the Hearns and think Eddie is great for the sport and very in touch with the times 😊

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Eddie Hearn is just his dad's puppet and will be until Barry Hearn dies, yes he's in the thick of it and running the show but you can bet your life it's Barry Hearn who ultimately makes the big decisions when needed.

Frank warren lost his weekly sun newspaper column in the sun sports papers ( UK tabloid paper that outsells the rest by massive amounts) now it's Barry Hearn who writes that column not Eddie Hearn

I really don't mind the Hearns and think Eddie is great for the sport and very in touch with the times 😊
    Not with his ppv bollocks he is not.

To illustrate how poor we boxing fans have it compared to Germany. When Wlad fought Haye the Germans watched it free in their millions whilst we paid to watch in the thousands. Wlad gets a cut of the action and is still popular to the mainstream in Germany whilst the common man will say who is Haye.
    Last edited by Master; 04-16-2015 at 12:43 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information