Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm on a Dwight Muhammad Qawi kick now!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm on a Dwight Muhammad Qawi kick now!

Johnny Davis vs. Dwight Braxton II ~ 'The Rematch' ~

Round 9

The bout is 'Up-for-Grabs'.

Johnny opens up by staying outside, and moves his right while circling.

But after only 10-Seconds, Dwight starts using his left-jab to get inside. Dwight works
    Johnny's body, and the work is starting to 'take-its-toll', as he eventually traps Johnny on
    the Ropes.

By the {0:42 Mark}, Johnny circles out and goes flat-footed at Center-Ring. Johnny tosses
    in with a flurry-of-punches, but he has nothing behind them.

At the {0:56 Mark}, Johnny moves to the back-left Ropes, Dwight moves in, and starts
    mauling away with both hands.

At the {1:06 Mark}, both start trading. At the {1:07 Mark}, Dwight lands a 'big' right-hand
    which snaps Johnny's head back.

Dwight keeps 'chugging', and scores with a good 'left-right' at the {1:14 Mark}. Johnny backs
    up to the front Ropes.

Dwight moves in, and is relentless with his attack. Dwight is going 'Hog Wild', and head-butts
    Johnny at the {1:27 Mark}.

Johnny hangs tough, and comes back with a 'blistering' 5-Punch combination at the {1:32 Mark}.

Johnny comes back with a 'left-left-right', as Dwight goes low to avoid the punches.

Dwight moves in close at the {1:41 Mark} and digs in with a hard left-hook to the body.

Dwight is now 'man-handling' Johnny with his mauling-attack, and lands with a 'big' right
    uppercut to the chin.

But, Johnny comes back with a solid right-hand lead to the head at the {2:06 Mark}.

Dwight fires, but he is short with a 'left-right' aimed at Johnny's chin. But Dwight catches
    Johnny with a follow up 'grazing' left-hook to the chin, and Johnny 'wobbles to the right-side
    Ropes at the {2:12 Mark}.

Dwight moves in and unloads with a hard left-hook. Johnny then moves over to his left
    and 'flops' on the front Ropes at the {2:16 Mark}.

Dwight comes in with a 'big' right-hook, and Johnny is driven into the front-right Corner.

It is all Dwight Braxton now.

At the {2:22 Mark}, Dwight is still slugging away on Johnny, who is on the complete defensive.

Dwight continues with a sharp 'left-right-left-right', as Johnny is now trapped on the back Ropes
    at the {2:40 Mark}.

Johnny now looks weary and beaten. Dwight comes in, and 'misses' with a big-sweeping left-hook.

Johnny gets Dwight off-balance, and fires with a 'left-right'. But Dwight counters with his own 'left-right'
    at the {2:51 Mark}.

Johnny moves over to the front-left Corner and rides it out until the Bell.

Round 9 ......... {5-3} > Dwight Braxton

Note >
    Both ESPN Announcers {Sal Marciano and Jack McKinney} acknowledged that Dwight Braxton was coming
    on like a Freight Train, and he was relentless in his attack.

They stated that Johnny had fought well, and was 'one tough cookie', but that he just didn't have the
    'punching-power' to neutralize Dwight's attack.
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-29-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~ Johnny Davis vs. Dwight Braxton II ~ 'The Rematch' ~

Round 10

Johnny comes out 'dancing-on-his-toes', and circles as Dwight stays at Center-Ring.

The fighters move in close at the {0:14 Mark}, and 'clinch'.

Dwight starts 'mauling' Johnny, and bulls him backwards at the {0:28 Mark}.

Johnny gets clear at the {0:37 Mark}, and shows good movement in getting distance
    and away from Dwight.

The fighters 'clinch' again at {0:43 Mark}, and there is some inside trading.

Johnny is back on his 'bicycle' at the {1:02 Mark}.

Johnny is throwing punches, but they lack 'zip'.

Johnny continues to circle at the {1:38 Mark}, as Dwight follows.

Dwight is not throwing anything, and just stays stationary at Center-Ring at the {1:51 Mark}.

The fighters move in and 'clinch' at the {2:00 Mark}.

Johnny is 'pecking' away with light punches, as Dwight stalks at the {2:15 Mark}.

Dwight is allowing Johnny to 'steal-the-Round'.

Dwight attempts a late attack with an aggressive move, but he is 'not' effective.

Round 10 ......... {5-4} > Johnny Davis

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thursday ~ January 8, 1981

Resorts International ~ Atlantic City, New Jersey

~ Johnny Davis vs. Dwight Braxton II ~ 'The Rematch' ~

~ The Scorecards ~

.............. Referee ~ Joe O'Neill................... Judge - William Kostrub ........ Judge - Milo Savage
    Round 1 ..... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .............. 5-4 > Dwight Braxton
    Round 2 ..... 5-4 > Johnny Davis ............. 5-4 > Johnny Davis ................. 5-4 > Johnny Davis
    Round 3 ..... 5-4 > Johnny Davis ............. 5-4 > Johnny Davis ................. 5-4 > Johnny Davis
    Round 4 ..... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .............. 5-4 > Dwight Braxton
    Round 5 ..... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .............. 5-4 > Dwight Braxton

Round 6 ..... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton ............... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton
    Round 7 ...... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Johnny Davis ................. 5-4 > Dwight Braxton
    Round 8 ...... 5-5 > 'Even' ........................ 5-4 > Johnny Davis .................. 5-5 > 'Even'
    Round 9 ...... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton .......... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton ............... 5-4 > Dwight Braxton
    Round 10 .... 5-5 > 'Even' ........................ 5-4 > Johnny Davis .................. 5-4 > Dwight Braxton

.................48-44 = {6-2-2 in Rounds} .... 45-45 = {5-5-0 in Rounds} ....... 48-43 = {7-2-1 in Rounds}

~ After Bout Comments ~

Dwight Braxton >
    "We are not friends, but I respect Johnny as a boxer. He's the best fighter that I have been in the Ring
    with as a Professional."

"I'm sure that after I win the Light-Heavyweight Title, he'll be lurking for another chance at me."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Davis >
    "I won the first bout, and he won the second bout. We'll being seeing each other again, I'm sure."

"It was close, and I thought I edged out a Draw with a good 8th and 10th Round. The Judge -
    William Kostrub scored it correctly {5-5-0} as a 'Draw'. It was really close."
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-30-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Thread Information