Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: If Floyd is knocked COLD like Tarver did to Jones Jr....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Floyd is knocked COLD like Tarver did to Jones Jr....

...would that be a sure sign that he had gotten a step slow, or that his 38 years had finally shown some tarnish? Or would we say it was just Pac is THAT skilled and it was just a good punch? Would we scream "REMATCH!!!" like we did when Tarver KO'ed RJJ? I personally would NOT want to see a rematch if Pac were to SPARK Floyd in the 1st 3 rounds. Now if there were a late-ish KO like after Round 6, then yes it would ask for a rematch would it not?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Floyd is knocked COLD like Tarver did to Jones Jr....

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    ...would that be a sure sign that he had gotten a step slow, or that his 38 years had finally shown some tarnish? Or would we say it was just Pac is THAT skilled and it was just a good punch? Would we scream "REMATCH!!!" like we did when Tarver KO'ed RJJ? I personally would NOT want to see a rematch if Pac were to SPARK Floyd in the 1st 3 rounds. Now if there were a late-ish KO like after Round 6, then yes it would ask for a rematch would it not?
    Pac has been knocked out COLD for 5 straight minutes by Floyd's tuneup...since then he's avoided all WW's.

Pac should have started by knocking out JMM and Tim Bradley COLD.

He couldn't even KO the dreaded 140 lber Chris Algeri.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Pac has been knocked out COLD for 5 straight minutes by Floyd's tuneup...since then he's avoided all WW's.

Pac should have started by knocking out JMM and Tim Bradley COLD.

He couldn't even KO the dreaded 140 lber Chris Algeri.
    how COLD of you.... as cold as the pews in your Buddhist Temple.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't call Roy's KO a near perfect storm, but a lot of things came together to contribute to that KO. You had roys weight drain coming down from heavyweight, Stage of his career it happened in, Roy's heart probably wasn't in it as he wanted to finish with a fight against Tyson as a heavyweight, a hungry opponent in tarver, and a practically obsessed trainer in mcgirt who for years claimed he had the plan to beat Roy.

So the similarity between Roach and Mcgirts motivations is there. This would be Freddy's unicorn. The hunger in pacquiao sounds different to me. He's doing it for the fans, for the Philippines, hes doing it for battered women, for god, etc etc. Tarver was doing it to be the man who beat the man -- a purely selfish reason, sometimes that's stronger. I don't think floyd would be affected by time as much as jones could have been by time and the weight drain and mentally by not getting a heavyweight fight having to go back down.

If floyd got ko'd in the same fashion early, i think he would have more fans by a rematch believe it or not. I personally don't know if he could handle it emotionally. But i think early or late, floyds probably earned a rematch based on his accomplishments -- If he wanted to bow to manny's demands of 60/40, location, date, who gets to announce the fight, and wearing a pair of roller skates or high heels manny says he should wear.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I wouldn't call Roy's KO a near perfect storm, but a lot of things came together to contribute to that KO. You had roys weight drain coming down from heavyweight, Stage of his career it happened in, Roy's heart probably wasn't in it as he wanted to finish with a fight against Tyson as a heavyweight, a hungry opponent in tarver, and a practically obsessed trainer in mcgirt who for years claimed he had the plan to beat Roy.

So the similarity between Roach and Mcgirts motivations is there. This would be Freddy's unicorn. The hunger in pacquiao sounds different to me. He's doing it for the fans, for the Philippines, hes doing it for battered women, for god, etc etc. Tarver was doing it to be the man who beat the man -- a purely selfish reason, sometimes that's stronger. I don't think floyd would be affected by time as much as jones could have been by time and the weight drain and mentally by not getting a heavyweight fight having to go back down.

If floyd got ko'd in the same fashion early, i think he would have more fans by a rematch believe it or not. I personally don't know if he could handle it emotionally. But i think early or late, floyds probably earned a rematch based on his accomplishments -- If he wanted to bow to manny's demands of 60/40, location, date, who gets to announce the fight, and wearing a pair of roller skates or high heels manny says he should wear.
    abso-STELLAR-lutely awesome response bro. You are right about the hunger comparing Pac and Tarver. Also good comaparison there between Roach and McGirt

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks, bud... not a bad question considering everyone is convinced floyd will win this fight without a hair out of place. The interesting part is that There supposedly no rematch clause so we'd find out how stuck floyd is to the "one and done" if came down to a situation where he struggle/ needed it. how much would he be willing to sacrifice for greatness once he was it was put just out of his reach. That's usually a point when many champions are made. If he takes pac no problem, how will people define him. As the guy who beat everyone and was never defeated... or the guy who was so talented, he was never really tested. Would he beat anyone over the course of time or fold when he was faced with a ferocious challenger that had all the tools to beat him?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Thanks, bud... not a bad question considering everyone is convinced floyd will win this fight without a hair out of place. The interesting part is that There supposedly no rematch clause so we'd find out how stuck floyd is to the "one and done" if came down to a situation where he struggle/ needed it. how much would he be willing to sacrifice for greatness once he was it was put just out of his reach. That's usually a point when many champions are made. If he takes pac no problem, how will people define him. As the guy who beat everyone and was never defeated... or the guy who was so talented, he was never really tested. Would he beat anyone over the course of time or fold when he was faced with a ferocious challenger that had all the tools to beat him?
    Probably too much financial risk to put in the rematch clause given the history of negotiations between these two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not gonna happen, floyd will be epo'd up so he can run all night

Thread Information