1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd tweets he will fight Pac again; Pac in surgery next week

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The money grabbing cunts think they can sell that crap again? No way!
    So so true.

Guys, the money involved in a rematch is crazy money.

Everyone promoting will get behind this and milk manny for all they can get.

Floyd never even got out of 2nd gear and he knows deep down that even though he has lost interest in the sport..another potential 170 million will never be ignored.

I am tired of all this crap.

Floyd should have listened to his dad and turned on the heat in one of the rounds to send out a permanent message..

Manny being out of action for a year after shoulder surgery at his age is even worse for him at this stage.

Manny should prove he deserves another shot by beating a Khan and thurman back to back..it's all pointless bollocks.!

Let's all get behind Andre ward and hope this comeback can get some big fights against GGG and move up to kovalev/Stephenson and create some excitement.
    Notice and watch the TV corporations have to create another PPV fighter to fill the void so they will manufacture another fighter for this legendary status.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So so true.

Floyd never even got out of 2nd gear and he knows deep down that even though he has lost interest in the sport..another potential 170 million will never be ignored.

Floyd should have listened to his dad and turned on the heat in one of the rounds to send out a permanent message..

Manny being out of action for a year after shoulder surgery at his age is even worse for him at this stage.

Manny should prove he deserves another shot by beating a Khan and thurman back to back..it's all pointless bollocks.!

Let's all get behind Andre ward and hope this comeback can get some big fights against GGG and move up to kovalev/Stephenson and create some excitement.
    Notice and watch the TV corporations have to create another PPV fighter to fill the void so they will manufacture another fighter for this legendary status.
    Master, let's hope it's not canelo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These two guys are high fiving and laughing like school girls behind the cameras. An hour after that thing ended I was fully convinced rematch was coming. It doesn't have to make sense, all it has to do is make money. There will still be enough gullible dopes willing to pay 2k a seat by the time they push the "issues" and false controversy up the hill.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why can't people just Floyd credit for being the better fighter? Can't believe all the excuses, justifications and conspiracy theories that are being thrown out there.

If Manny would have won, I would have been the first one to say I was wrong and that Manny was the better man.

Floyd was coming off a dominant performance and a very close call to Maidana in the first fight. Pac was coming off of 3 fights where, despite not getting a KO, he looked like the same old spectacular fighter we were used to seeing.

The better man won, time to let it go.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So so true.

Master, let's hope it's not canelo.
    I am hoping Crawford will be the next big thing. Many signs are pointing to it being so. GGG is no doubt the real deal but Crawford has youth on his side. Sorry, I just went off topic.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with you 100%! Piss on a rematch. Manny and his team expect to get a reward for pulling the stupid amateurish mistake of taking a fight while injured.
    Fuck 'em, they don't deserve another huge payday, they can eat shit as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather says he'd be willing to fight Manny Pacquiao again

ESPN.com news services
    Shares
    Email
    Print
    Comment
    Floyd Mayweather told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith in a text Tuesday that he would be open to a rematch after Manny Pacquiao recovers from shoulder surgery to repair a tear in his rotator cuff.

"I will fight him in a year after his surgery," Mayweather texted Smith on the heels of his unanimous decision over Pacquiao in the richest fight ever.

Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache told ESPN.com on Monday that Pacquiao will have surgery later this week to repair a "significant tear" in his rotator cuff, which he suffered prior to the fight. The surgery will sideline the boxer for at least nine to 12 months.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    if this is basis for rematch then someone should sue Pac for selling a dodgy product
    Somebody mentioned on another thread there is a class action lawsuit underway for fraud in this fight. Had this info been released prior to the fight imagine what the odds would have been. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know if they have to prove intent to commit fraud or if this equates to that. My response was Manny better deposit his money in a Philippines bank or in his mattress. If the fighters weren't making money on the bets being wagered I don't know how that holds up in court but with a class action lawsuit a lot of Lee way is given since its civil not criminal. It's a shame, even if something does become of it the lawyers take over half of it and the betting public will receive individual checks for seven bucks. I joined a class action once with a defective product I got, I think I got a check for four dollars when the item cost fifty, kind of funny, some lawyers made millions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm so f'n jealous! Just 1/10 of a % is all I ask. For those of you that have trouble with how much that actually is $100,000,000 = $100,000

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Floyd Mayweather says he'd be willing to fight Manny Pacquiao again

ESPN.com news services
    Shares
    Email
    Print
    Comment
    Floyd Mayweather told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith in a text Tuesday that he would be open to a rematch after Manny Pacquiao recovers from shoulder surgery to repair a tear in his rotator cuff.

"I will fight him in a year after his surgery," Mayweather texted Smith on the heels of his unanimous decision over Pacquiao in the richest fight ever.

Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache told ESPN.com on Monday that Pacquiao will have surgery later this week to repair a "significant tear" in his rotator cuff, which he suffered prior to the fight. The surgery will sideline the boxer for at least nine to 12 months.
    Thanks Brock, I was looking for further info on this. I wish the fight had been more competitive it would make the thought of a rematch very interesting. I don't know, a year away, these guys aren't getting any younger.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny's camp should have informed the Nevada Athletic Commission of his injury. As I have heard during the presscon immediately after the fight, Manny's camp allegedly tried to inform the said Commission but it was, sort of, not given the appropriate action. Probably, because of the money involved, they could not postpone the fight.

Whew. This is becoming unbearable for me. It's like a roller coaster ride and my heart is could no longer tolerate the drama of this fight.
    Last edited by brucelee; 05-06-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd regularly speaks with stephen a. smith

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    if this is basis for rematch then someone should sue Pac for selling a dodgy product
    Somebody mentioned on another thread there is a class action lawsuit underway for fraud in this fight. Had this info been released prior to the fight imagine what the odds would have been. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know if they have to prove intent to commit fraud or if this equates to that. My response was Manny better deposit his money in a Philippines bank or in his mattress. If the fighters weren't making money on the bets being wagered I don't know how that holds up in court but with a class action lawsuit a lot of Lee way is given since its civil not criminal. It's a shame, even if something does become of it the lawyers take over half of it and the betting public will receive individual checks for seven bucks. I joined a class action once with a defective product I got, I think I got a check for four dollars when the item cost fifty, kind of funny, some lawyers made millions.
    Just heard on the evening news people who ordered the ppv are seeking five million in reparations due to Manny not announcing his injury they feel they didn't get their monies worth and deserve a refund. This thing could blow up.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum and Roach and Manny are used to lying to get what they want.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Manny has severely torn rotator cuff, will undergo surgery in Los Angeles next Monday. May face suspension and heavy fines for failing to disclose this serious injury before fight night.

However it seems to be true. Mayweather has tweeted he will fight Pac again after he recovers from surgery.

Manny Pacquiao to have shoulder surgery for torn rotator cuff - LA Times

You can't even lift you arm with a "severely torn rotator cuff" even an old Turkey outta' know that.

Why didn't Manny say anything about his so called injury DURING THE POST FIGHT INTETVIEW ??
    Corvette, yes you can move with a torn rotator. Maybe not with a ruptured one. Pain and swelling are two signs of damage to the rotator. Medication is quite effective at controlling these symptoms prior to surgery. I'm not saying Manny had any business being in the ring with that injury but if it was treated and no one was yanking on his arm he still could have used it.

Thread Information