Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

Anthony Joshua is fighting a better opponent in his 13th fight than the "world" champ is facing in his 34th. Boxing. Madness.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thompson, Arreola. A name that someone has heard of. This makes his team look timid.
    I would've called out Antonio Tarver. GREAT name, past it a bit. Decent but not devastating power.
    Even lateef Kayode is a better pick.
    Just an awful decision.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

El Kabong Guest

Tony Thompson would beat Wilder IMO, he handled David Price who I think has similar power and was probably more polished than Wilder. Thompson has a great defense, decent pop, a solid chin, and hell the only guys to convincingly beat him were excellent BOXERS, not just sluggers.

That said Glazkov and Lucas Browne are available, both ranked higher than Molina. Anthony Joshua could step in. Andy Ruiz Jr., Artur Szpilka, Carlos Takam, Cris Arreola...those guys have better names and could give Wilder a challenge.

Also after this fight there's the Povetkin-Perez winner that will become the mandatory.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Thompson, Arreola. A name that someone has heard of. This makes his team look timid.
    I would've called out Antonio Tarver. GREAT name, past it a bit. Decent but not devastating power.
    Just an awful decision.
    Deontay hasn't grown into fighting the big names yet, he's at the shouting stage right now.
    I do think Molina is a decent choice because of his size. Wilder needs to fight nothing but big guys until he gets his chance at Wald or he is forced to fight Wlad.
    Thompson and Fury, both like to grapple some like Wlad, so they would be good choices.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Tony Thompson would beat Wilder IMO, he handled David Price who I think has similar power and was probably more polished than Wilder. Thompson has a great defense, decent pop, a solid chin, and hell the only guys to convincingly beat him were excellent BOXERS, not just sluggers.

That said Glazkov and Lucas Browne are available, both ranked higher than Molina. Anthony Joshua could step in. Andy Ruiz Jr., Artur Szpilka, Carlos Takam, Cris Arreola...those guys have better names and could give Wilder a challenge.

Also after this fight there's the Povetkin-Perez winner that will become the mandatory.
    Hope we get to see something or someone break up the logjam that Wlad has created. The heavyweight division is stagnate, in my opinion, and will be until Wlad is gone.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Just an awful decision.
    Deontay hasn't grown into fighting the big names yet, he's at the shouting stage right now.
    I do think Molina is a decent choice because of his size. Wilder needs to fight nothing but big guys until he gets his chance at Wald or he is forced to fight Wlad.
    Thompson and Fury, both like to grapple some like Wlad, so they would be good choices.
    Dont disagree with you, but there have been plenty of fighters who step up as soon as they get a belt.
    I feel goofy bringing up Tyson after i just made a thread questioning him as an all time great.
    Yet Tyson got one belt, then another until he unifies them
    I do feel he was in a weak era like corvette stated. Well the guys i named are similar level. Most important they have house good names and fan friendly.
    Kayode is a Roach fighter.surreal power, but can't box.
    How is that not a choice fight?
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 05-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just an easy KO for his home town fans... let's get a top 20 guy in there with him at least for fucks sakes... SMH.

Floyd Mayweather hasn't fought a guy outside of the top 10 or 15 since 1998, but all you sissies rag on him. SMH...
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Hope we get to see something or someone break up the logjam that Wlad has created. The heavyweight division is stagnate, in my opinion, and will be until Wlad is gone.
    What has Wlad done to create a logjam other than keep his titles? He fights often enough for a champion especially.

The division is stagnate but it typically is because these guys have no other weight classes to go to and other than try out for MMA matches they've got nothing else to do. So you've got older heavies and you've got guys coming back from retirement at heavyweight all the time, you've got young kids who have to be moved along slowly and so they use older fighters, it's just the way it is. The prospects at this point in time should fight each other and not worry about being undefeated. Guys like Andy Ruiz need to step up and fight other fighters of the same/similar age and that would shake things up a bit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What has Wlad done to create a logjam other than keep his titles?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What has Wlad done to create a logjam other than keep his titles? He fights often enough for a champion especially.

The division is stagnate but it typically is because these guys have no other weight classes to go to and other than try out for MMA matches they've got nothing else to do. So you've got older heavies and you've got guys coming back from retirement at heavyweight all the QUOTE]

time, you've got young kids who have to be moved along slowly and so they use older fighters, it's just the way it is. The prospects at this point in time should fight each other and not worry about being undefeated. Guys like Andy Ruiz need to step up and fight other fighters of the same/similar age and that would shake things up a bit.
    Wlad holds three belts and averages a fight every 6 months, so he fights for the same belt about every 18 months. That seems like a logjam to me.
    What about when he wants to take a money fight which pushes a mandatory back six months or a year.

El Kabong Guest

Wlad holds three belts and averages a fight every 6 months, so he fights for the same belt about every 18 months. That seems like a logjam to me.
    What about when he wants to take a money fight which pushes a mandatory back six months or a year.
    So that would be different if there was another heavyweight champion with those belts?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So that would be different if there was another heavyweight champion with those belts?
    Are you playing the dunce on purpose? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what Wlad is doing, I'm saying it's not going to change until there are more champions.
    Wlad has to start losing belts for us to see more and probably more competitive heavyweight title fights. Wlad should let one of those belts go. He could still defend twice a year between two belts and maybe work in a grudge/money fight once in a while. It's all about money and things aren't going to change until Wlad loses.
    I like Wlad but I've made up my mind, he has got to go. He looked terrible against Jennings!

El Kabong Guest

Are you playing the dunce on purpose? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what Wlad is doing, I'm saying it's not going to change until there are more champions.
    Wlad has to start losing belts for us to see more and probably more competitive heavyweight title fights. Wlad should let one of those belts go. He could still defend twice a year between two belts and maybe work in a grudge/money fight once in a while. It's all about money and things aren't going to change until Wlad loses.
    I like Wlad but I've made up my mind, he has got to go. He looked terrible against Jennings!
    Well won't you be upset once Wlad has all of the belts

All Jennings did was move his feet and keep a high guard what are you going to do with that look AMAZING? How about Jennings attempt to win the fight? If you're THAT defensive you're never going to win the rounds against Wlad because Wlad will land cleaner, more powerful, and more often which is exactly what happened.

And I'm sorry the clinching and the leaning will continue and it's not against the rules as when people mistime or overthink their punches they'll get in too close and you tie up and turn as the other fighter....it's common sense to find your correct range and to keep the other fighter from getting in their range. Fighters have done it before Wlad and fighters will do it after Wlad.

Contenders need to fight each other and prepare each other for title shots, that isn't happening enough and so here's what you get TIMID challengers. Put the ear muffs up, circle around for 12 rounds lose on the cards and then you can go back to fighting on your level again....that's what you get

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet another fight I don't give a shit about.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder looks bad to the public, choosing the weakest HW ranked by the WBC.

Molina is much worse than any Wladimir Klitschko title opponent - he was KOed in round one twice and is not even ranked in the top 40 on BoxRec.

Thread Information