Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your All Time Top P4P top 5

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Muhammad Ali
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    Willie Pep
    Joe Louis
    Lennox Lewis

You didn't have room for Noel Quarless ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to this forum? A few years ago if I'd made this thread, #1 on every post would be 'Mighty' Mike Arnaoutis.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#4 All-Time Pound-for-Pound

Noel Quarless

I would say, that Noel's victory over 'Big John' Tate on March 30, 1988 certified his 'Greatness'.

What do you think girls ?

Susan Hart {Brunette} ............ "Oh yes. Noel belongs in the Top 5."

Shelley Fabares {Blonde} ........ "Yes, Noel deserves the #4 slot."

Barbara Eden {Red-Head}........ "Yes, definitely yes. He's my Master."

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-21-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Ray Robinson
    Muhammad Ali
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Roy Jones Jr
    Ricardo Lopez

Flawless.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Naz
    Hatton
    Moore
    Bruno
    Thompson

not sure which order
    GFO, you brit

In this case, if british fighter are concerned , I would go:

1. John Lennon
    2. Paul McCartney
    3. George Harrison
    4. Ringo Star
    5. Freddie Mercury

end - 4. Naz
    end - 3. Hatton
    end - 2. Moore
    end - 1. Bruno
    end . Thompson

This is how I enjoyed their performance
    yeah but noone listens to you anyway

I have also watched fighters from

nicaraguar

nicuraguar

knickeraguar

and did i mention china?

Maybe if you started by learning to spell other countries' names and took your blinders off.....
    some people might take you a little more seriously.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back on the Farm,

While it is 'most' difficult to come up with a Top 5 'Pound for Pound' list.

It is very easy to come up with a Top 5 'Clown List'.

'El Numero Uno'

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-22-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Back on the Farm,

While it is 'most' difficult to come up with a Top 5 'Pound for Pound' list.

It is very easy to come up with a Top 5 'Clown List'.

'El Numero Uno'

Damn old Bill sure hates The Greatest. or is it JEALOUSY!!!!
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C J Rock

Hate is a very strong word.

I would go with 'dislike' instead.

I just never appreciated that clown act, as it got kind of boring, don't you think.

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-22-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad to see that a lot of people commenting here have Sugar Ray Robinson at the top of their list. The man was way ahead of his time. He understood the angle aspect of boxing years before anyone else ever thought about it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Ray Robinson

I don't think we have to go any further.

It would be a dis-service to mention anybody else with the 'Sugar Man'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I agree with that thought. Sometimes when you have the best, you don't want to go messing everything up."

Heather Locklear

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-24-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robinson, Leonard, Holyfeild, Jones, Mayweather, Duran, Spinks, Hopkins, Pacquio and Hearns that is my list in order and i will explain some of it because it is different then most people i think and have to move up a weight class as well to be there. Also did 10 because i like that number better sorry op i just wanted to list more names. First of all why is Holyfeild so high well if were talking about pound for pound how on earth can can you not include a man who started at lhw and then became a top 10 hw of all time. People talk about pound for pound because if not Hw champs would always be the best when ranking fighters because they beat everyone. Holyfeild could of stayed at cw and been undefeated but no went on to beat guys who were 30 to 50 pounds heavier then him. Why is Spinks in the list because i think he was undefeated in one of the strongest lhw era and i don't think he can lose at that weight and even though the fight was close managing to get a decision against Holmes and becoming hw champ is huge. Pacquio to me never seem unbeatable at any weight really mostly because of jmm and Hearns well he won titles from ww to cw and thats enough for me really. This list are kind out there anyway reason why i rank great hw champs higher then most i think Lewis is in the same conversation as Mayweather because Lewis could literal beat any heavyweight to walk the plant more impressive to me. Reason why is that the hw champ is the top dog in boxing and the top trinket in boxing no one can beat that guy he sits on top of the hill even if the division is less then great. Don't get me wrong though i love other weight classes to but growing up the hw class was pretty much the thing for me.
    Last edited by Mr140; 05-24-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    LOL, the same people who say Floyd hasn't fought anyone rank Duran in the top 5 of all time, a guy who fought a bunch of no names at LW and lost to pretty much everyone worth a fuck at WW and above. Quit during a world title match because he had a stomach ache. And he's the #2 boxer of all time.

What a fucking joke.
    Troll talk bro.

As for the list. Fuck knows. Too many names that are too close in stature to squeeze into 5 slots.

Muhammad Ali gets a free pass. Ray Robinson gets afree pass. Everyone else with an 0 gets a free pass too perhaps?

Who knows.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 05-24-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    LOL, the same people who say Floyd hasn't fought anyone rank Duran in the top 5 of all time, a guy who fought a bunch of no names at LW and lost to pretty much everyone worth a fuck at WW and above. Quit during a world title match because he had a stomach ache. And he's the #2 boxer of all time.

What a fucking joke.
    Troll talk bro.

As for the list. Fuck knows. Too many names that are too close in stature to squeeze into 5 slots.

Muhammad Ali gets a free pass. Ray Robinson gets afree pass. Everyone else with an 0 gets a free pass too perhaps?

Who knows.
    Mr. McMaster,

Howe dare you mention that guy {M******* A**} with a fantastic and unmatched in skills
    boxer like Sugar Ray Robinson.

Have you no shame Sir.

"That's like putting the 'Bay City Rollers' in the same sentence with 'Led Zeppelin. That's unheard of."

Rita Hayworth

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-25-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Robinson, Leonard, Holyfeild, Jones, Mayweather, Duran, Spinks, Hopkins, Pacquio and Hearns that is my list in order and i will explain some of it because it is different then most people i think and have to move up a weight class as well to be there. Also did 10 because i like that number better sorry op i just wanted to list more names. First of all why is Holyfeild so high well if were talking about pound for pound how on earth can can you not include a man who started at lhw and then became a top 10 hw of all time. People talk about pound for pound because if not Hw champs would always be the best when ranking fighters because they beat everyone. Holyfeild could of stayed at cw and been undefeated but no went on to beat guys who were 30 to 50 pounds heavier then him. Why is Spinks in the list because i think he was undefeated in one of the strongest lhw era and i don't think he can lose at that weight and even though the fight was close managing to get a decision against Holmes and becoming hw champ is huge. Pacquio to me never seem unbeatable at any weight really mostly because of jmm and Hearns well he won titles from ww to cw and thats enough for me really. This list are kind out there anyway reason why i rank great hw champs higher then most i think Lewis is in the same conversation as Mayweather because Lewis could literal beat any heavyweight to walk the plant more impressive to me. Reason why is that the hw champ is the top dog in boxing and the top trinket in boxing no one can beat that guy he sits on top of the hill even if the division is less then great. Don't get me wrong though i love other weight classes to but growing up the hw class was pretty much the thing for me.

Good fighters all but I dont understand how Spinks can be on the list while leaving out some very good fighters like say Ali Finito Lopez Arguello Hagler and others I mean they had awesome careers as well and I dont see how Spinks can measure up I mean he did get blown out by Tyson in record time which in itself is not a major sin but showed how he wasnt really a true heavyweight and besides a lot of the other guys traversed through several weight division but Spinks only really stayed in one and briefly ventured into hw which in itself shouldnt disqualify him and I mean he really was really good but that doesnt mean he can be in the top 10 all time because I mean your leaving out a lot of people and most people would agree that there are a lot more accomplished boxers from which to choose from because theres a lot of boxing history I mean with the sport being around for so long and well what can I say theres a lot of factors that should be considered like longevity and how many divisions you traversed and how many defenses you had and how many knockouts you had and how many epic fights you had and how many real good or great opponents you had and stuff like that which I think is very important to consider when your making p4p lists because its really important otherwise the list might suck real bad and you don't want the list sucking real bad because it will get criticized and that wouldn't be good for anybody not to mention the fact that some p4p lists only list people from certain countries because they tend to be biased and because some foreign fighters havent had the exposure that some of the stateside fighters get throughout their careers which is due basically to the media and how they create fighters and work up all this hype so that the fighter already has one foot in the door so to speak which gives him an unfair advantage and eventually it is his career to lose sort of like when the teacher starts everyone off with an A and you work your way down from there where other teachers start you off with an F and some teachers even say that they dont give nobody A's because they dont believe in that which in itself sucks but there are other things that suck and gosh im giving myself a headache writing this way but what the hell I already started so I may as well finish my sentence which by now is probably about three thousand words long.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Troll talk bro.
    How do you figure?

Did he not quit during a world title match and hand his belt over to his biggest adversary because he had stomach cramps?

Did he not get outboxed by guys like Leonard, Benitez, Kirkland Laing, Robbie Sims, ect?

Talk about your free passes.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Thread Information