1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 1991 George Foreman KNOCKS OUT 1991 Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It must be said that if Foreman was in his 20's when he fought Holyfield there's all likelihood he would have knocked Evander out.....he rocked the crap out of him when he was in his 40's...now add in some better footwork, some faster hands...that doesn't look great for Evander IMO
    You don't really think that the younger Foreman had better footwork do you ? Given Foremans similar weight, tightly wound approach and porous defense I think the same Holyfield eats him up. That Foreman doesn't take Holyfield's repeated hooks and stay upright.
    Younger Foreman was faster on his feet he could move as evidenced vs Frazier where he turned Joe constantly and then dropped bombs.

You guys talk like George Foreman was just a bum in his youth....he was a freak of nature!
    Love me some Foreman, but he-they ain't beating Holyfield . I get he was literally faster..younger and lighter than returning George, but he could also be heavy on them and sloppy. old George was so much more sure on his feet. Aware and chugging along in that short step. He'd push and pull a guy into position, pretty subtle.
    Holyfield was not the smartest fighter, remember Holmes saying he is strong but not clever. Holyfield fought dumb against Bowe the first time and if he did the same against Foreman he could get knocked out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a peak Tyson beats any version of Foreman. Foreman was too slow. He's a sitting duck against Tyson.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prior to Kevin Rooneys departure, Tyson wins (In my opinion, Tyson would've retired undefeated if he'd not fired Rooney).

But in the early 90's, Tyson would have the potential to win, but only if he has the sense to fight smart like Holyfield and Morrison did by sticking and moving and not standing still in front of him. However, and no offense to Mike, I don't think he would have. I believe eventually he would start brawling trying to knock Foreman out, and WHAM! Down in one punch.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Prior to Kevin Rooneys departure, Tyson wins (In my opinion, Tyson would've retired undefeated if he'd not fired Rooney).

But in the early 90's, Tyson would have the potential to win, but only if he has the sense to fight smart like Holyfield and Morrison did by sticking and moving and not standing still in front of him. However, and no offense to Mike, I don't think he would have. I believe eventually he would start brawling trying to knock Foreman out, and WHAM! Down in one punch.
    Tyson beat Ruddock who was more dangerous at the time than Foreman. If he can stand and trade with that puncher, Tyson could do it against Big George. Prime Tyson moved to the sides but this 24 year old version was less disciplined which was why the fights with Donovan were tough fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Tyson beat Ruddock who was more dangerous at the time than Foreman. If he can stand and trade with that puncher, Tyson could do it against Big George. Prime Tyson moved to the sides but this 24 year old version was less disciplined which was why the fights with Donovan were tough fights.
    I think Tyson would dominate the first several rounds against Foreman, but would later get tired of moving around and then get tagged not unlike Micheal Moorer.
    Last edited by Master; 06-15-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i am not really sure who would of won the fight i think Tyson was better on the comeback then when he lost to Douglas. I mean some of best wins were before he lost to Holyfeild and Foreman was better when he was younger but lacked some ring smarts at times.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Tyson would dominate the first several rounds against Foreman, but would later get tired of moving around and then get tagged not unlike Micheal Moorer.
    Foreman was no spring chicken either so he could tire from the punches he would take.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Well i am not really sure who would of won the fight i think Tyson was better on the comeback then when he lost to Douglas. I mean some of best wins were before he lost to Holyfeild and Foreman was better when he was younger but lacked some ring smarts at times.
    Tyson was hollow when he came out of jail. He looked good physically but that was muscle bound to hide his deficiency. Tyson looked spectacular for a few rounds but take him past r rounds and he was finished.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're kind of talking about Tyson like he's a stick and move boxer.

Could a 40 year old, 260lb Foreman keep the wind in his sails after engaging Tyson for several rounds and taking Tyson's body attack?

Tyson had a great chin in his day, not really comparable to the often rocked, often dropped Michael Moorer.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is ridiculous.

This fight would have been a mismatch with Tyson winning every round on his way to a UD and Foreman's face ending up twice its original size. In many ways it would probably have been very similar to Tyson's fights with Ruddock.

Although past his best, Tyson was still very good in 1991 and was much too fast and agile for someone like Foreman. Foreman had power, but he was painfully slow and no one ever knocked Tyson out with a single punch - even when Tyson was completely shot.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruddock made his name off of a devastating knockout of a shot Dokes and two losses vs Tyson. He was a one arm fighter with poor stamina, no jab, a decent chin (at best) and compketely one dimensional. No way was Ruddock EVER more of a threat than George. Lennox destroyed the Ruddock myth inside of three rounds.

Tyson was never overly impressive when the other guy could take his punches, and George had a great chin and excellent durability. Tyson won't jab n move like he needed to, or fight the counter punching fight that Evander did. George pushes Mike back, manhandles him and punishes him for the late stoppage. Style wise this is a horrible match up for Tyson.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hard boxing facts in this thread have humiliated Ron Swanson and Vendettos, and they have disappeared from the thread out of being shamed by the boxing experts here in this thread. Now the thread is devoid of those 2 guys and it is a better thread now without them. They were like a computer virus and we boxing experts were like Norton Anti-Virus Software. They have been eradicated now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

Ruddock made his name off of a devastating knockout of a shot Dokes and two losses vs Tyson. He was a one arm fighter with poor stamina, no jab, a decent chin (at best) and compketely one dimensional. No way was Ruddock EVER more of a threat than George. Lennox destroyed the Ruddock myth inside of three rounds.

Tyson was never overly impressive when the other guy could take his punches, and George had a great chin and excellent durability. Tyson won't jab n move like he needed to, or fight the counter punching fight that Evander did. George pushes Mike back, manhandles him and punishes him for the late stoppage. Style wise this is a horrible match up for Tyson.
    Style wise, it's a perfect match up for Tyson.

A big, slow guy who is massive and an easy target. Tyson wouldn't have been able to miss him! 1991 Foreman was nothing more than an even slower Frank Bruno but with a decent chin. Foreman would have taken an absolute beating. He couldn't even knock out Alex Stewart for crying out loud. Tyson had a very good chin and there's no way he's going down from the tiny number of punches Foreman would have managed to land.

Ruddock was never the same after his fights with Tyson. Tyson hit him with every punch under the sun and broke his jaw. In those days, plenty of fighters were never the same again after Tyson was finished with them. 1991 Ruddock is a far more dangerous opponent than a lumbering and fat George Foreman.
    Last edited by tysonesque; 06-15-2015 at 08:07 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Rudduck was SOOOOO dangerous that he never became the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.....unlike "fat lumbering" George Foreman

Foreman lasted 12 with Holyfield...that's 12 in 1 fight.....Tyson lasted 14 in two fights vs Evander. But obviously Holyfield punched harder than Big George right?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rudduck was SOOOOO dangerous that he never became the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.....unlike "fat lumbering" George Foreman

Foreman lasted 12 with Holyfield...that's 12 in 1 fight.....Tyson lasted 14 in two fights vs Evander. But obviously Holyfield punched harder than Big George right?
    Lovely mixing up of fighters, you know better.

Tysonesque says it all. I can do no better.

Thread Information