Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fury v Wilder???

Just seen reports that Hughie confirmed to fight Wilder in September. Bizarre fight for me. Wilder looks like the biggest bitch in boxing.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder???

Hmmmm interesting.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Peter Fury's twitter, they got offered the Wilder fight but turned it down - not enough notice. Hughie will fight on the Klit-Fury undercard
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Hmmmm interesting.
    Yes Sir, you could add strange and befuddling.
    Does Wilder think a win over Hughie would force Tyson into a fight? Maybe he wants to see his name mentioned whenever Fury is mentioned? Does he think he's cherrypicking or stepping up his game? Lol
    Hey Wilder, you bone head, forget about the Furys, there are plenty of fights out there for you.
    Get busy and start using that cannon you were blessed with for something besides scratching your ass and hitting a heavy bag.
    Damn dude, start acting like a champion, you are starting to embarrass us!
    We are expecting a lot more than you are showing, Mr. Black Heavyweight Champion from the USA!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Just seen reports that Hughie confirmed to fight Wilder in September. Bizarre fight for me. Wilder looks like the biggest bitch in boxing.
    Silkeyjoe, as you can see , the general consensus is that his camp turned it down, if it's Confirmed , have you got a link?
    I would've thought that Wilder is stirring the shit up here. even if Fury had enough prep time, I would think that Team Fury would want to concentrate all their efforts on the Tyson v Wlad fight. I can't see that they would want to go over to America for a Wilder fight halfway through Tyson's training camp.
    interesting fight if it was true mind you. I would give Hughie more chance against Wilder than I Would Tyson v Wlad, although ultimately they'd probably both lose.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 08-04-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Hmmmm interesting.
    Yes Sir, you could add strange and befuddling.
    Does Wilder think a win over Hughie would force Tyson into a fight? Maybe he wants to see his name mentioned whenever Fury is mentioned? Does he think he's cherrypicking or stepping up his game? Lol
    Hey Wilder, you bone head, forget about the Furys, there are plenty of fights out there for you.
    Get busy and start using that cannon you were blessed with for something besides scratching your ass and hitting a heavy bag.
    Damn dude, start acting like a champion, you are starting to embarrass us!
    We are expecting a lot more than you are showing, Mr. Black Heavyweight Champion from the USA!

" Will the real Mr Black Heavyweight Champion please stand up "
    " Will the real Mr Black Heavyweight Champion please stand up "!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Silkeyjoe, as you can see , the general consensus is that his camp turned it down, if it's Confirmed , have you got a link?
    I would've thought that Wilder is stirring the shit up here. even if Fury had enough prep time, I would think that Team Fury would want to concentrate all their efforts on the Tyson v Wlad fight. I can't see that they would want to go over to America for a Wilder fight halfway through Tyson's training camp.
    interesting fight if it was true mind you. I would give Hughie more chance against Wilder than I Would Tyson v Wlad, although ultimately they'd probably both lose.
    Good points I didnt consider.

Peter Fury isnt even allowed in America either and theres no way he would let his own son take a fight like this while still a relative novice without him to be in the corner and while Wilders team are milking his title they wont fight outside of America.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way will this fight happen. Just hype and Wilder should be ashamed for even considering it. I am sure it is a negotiation ploy to get Arreola to sign up for the fight with Wilder on the cheap.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Peter Fury isnt even allowed in America either and theres no way he would let his own son take a fight like this while still a relative novice without him to be in the corner and while Wilders team are milking his title they wont fight outside of America.
    Tbf I forgot about Peter Fury not be allowed in the States . That could have repercussions later down the line. I honestly think Wilder is a shit stirrer. Regardless of whether Fury beats Wlad, expect Wilder to keep calling the Fury's out knowing full well those fights will never happen . He's an American World Champ and he will not come to the UK to fight. Tyson or Hughie won't fight him in the States without Peter in the corner, so that's where it ends.
    I'm not saying Wilder is a coward, because I don't believe anyone who gets in the ring is a coward, but knowing full well it won't happen, but still calling them out as I expect him to do, makes him a bit of a cock!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Tbf I forgot about Peter Fury not be allowed in the States . That could have repercussions later down the line. I honestly think Wilder is a shit stirrer. Regardless of whether Fury beats Wlad, expect Wilder to keep calling the Fury's out knowing full well those fights will never happen . He's an American World Champ and he will not come to the UK to fight. Tyson or Hughie won't fight him in the States without Peter in the corner, so that's where it ends.
    I'm not saying Wilder is a coward, because I don't believe anyone who gets in the ring is a coward, but knowing full well it won't happen, but still calling them out as I expect him to do, makes him a bit of a cock!
    There is neutral ground in Canada.

Stiverne could be on the undercard.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently this is now a very serious possibility and I dont just mean it appearing on boxrec but Peter Fury says they are working on the details now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterfury...39767492755456

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterfury...2755456/photos

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just seen a few tweets from guys on twitter. Usually pretty reliable.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canon fodder if it happens, Hughie is not good enough maybe just a good pay day, Wilder
    will KO him in the first round, I don't think Hughie will amount to much he would be lucky
    to win a British title,! I watched him on many occasions on best average, boxing is about
    levels, World Champions are the very top level, out of a scale of 10 Hughie is level 8 he is
    at best lets not kid ourselves.!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should take the Wilder fight.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information