Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn (Nigel Benns Son) Sparring videos

He looks good to me and is only 18/19, there's spite in those punches, he seems to be going for it in these videos and at times he throws punches exactly like his dad did... same kind of odd footwork as Nigel as well

I heard he's been spending time at Ricky Hattons Gym and has already won then lost to Australias number one amateur in the past year.

He's looking like he's off to the next Olympics and can fight for Great Britain or Barbados as that's Nigels "home country" says Conor on his twitter page.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn (Nigel Benns Son) Sparring videos

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    He looks good to me and is only 18/19, there's spite in those punches, he seems to be going for it in these videos and at times he throws punches exactly like his dad did... same kind of odd footwork as Nigel as well

I heard he's been spending time at Ricky Hattons Gym and has already won then lost to Australias number one amateur in the past year.

He's looking like he's off to the next Olympics and can fight for Great Britain or Barbados as that's Nigels "home country" says Conor on his twitter page.

What do you think?

The next Olympics ? You sure about that ? Next Olympics is under a years time. Getting on the GB Olympic boxing is no joke. Getting into the Olympics boxing tournament is not a straight forward thing either. There is a certain criteria you have pass b4 you get entry. They don't allow anyone in.

I don't know what Conor Benn's amateur pedigree is, but he better get a move on, if he plans on going to Rio and even then it's up the GB selectors and he has to be the best at his weight and that's gonna be a judgement call.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think?

Smash is his nickname IRON BALLS ? as he doesn't seem to be wearing an obligatory foul proof protector?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

What do you think?

The next Olympics ? You sure about that ? Next Olympics is under a years time. Getting on the GB Olympic boxing is no joke. Getting into the Olympics boxing tournament is not a straight forward thing either. There is a certain criteria you have pass b4 you get entry. They don't allow anyone in.

I don't know what Conor Benn's amateur pedigree is, but he better get a move on, if he plans on going to Rio and even then it's up the GB selectors and he has to be the best at his weight and that's gonna be a judgement call.

Not too sure of the selection process to be honest i' just posting what i've read about Conor lately, and let's be honest he could probably walk into the Barbados team

Nigel Benn says 18-year-old son Conor 'will be bigger than me one day' | Daily Mail Online

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

What do you think?

Smash is his nickname IRON BALLS ? as he doesn't seem to be wearing an obligatory foul proof protector?

haha didn't notice that...... so why were you looking at his groin?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell you what it's a shame him and Eubank Jnr aren't similar ages - imagine if they both met in a professional ring

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell you what it's a shame him and Eubank Jnr aren't similar ages - imagine if they both met in a professional ring
    Someone said Benn Jnr is way lighter than Eubank Jnr.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure of his weight but he's still very young so will most definitely put on some bulk as he hits his 20's, i think that him and his Dad will have seen how far Eubank Jnr has come and want a piece of the action and try and get as far or further,
    I know Nigel rates him big time but of course he would do, gotta say i like the way he looks in sparring so far, he looks like he's going for a KO half the time.
    Will be interesting to see how he develops and i think he's one to keep an eye on for the future.
    One things for sure if he's got half the heart his dad had then he's gonna go out on his shield whatever happens

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanted Eubanks and Benn juniors to fight one another but they are too far apart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

What do you think?

haha didn't notice that...... so why were you looking at his groin?

I think everyone looks after the crown jewels . but it would hurt if his sparring partner landed one middle wicket ouch ! brave man to go without the low blow stopper don't you agree ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nigel Benn's son Conor to make professional debut on 9 April

Nigel Benn's son Conor will make his professional debut on the undercard of Anthony Joshua's world title fight at the O2 Arena on 9 April.

The 19-year-old super-lightweight will face an as-yet unnamed opponent before Joshua fights American Charles Martin.

Benn Jr's goal is to surpass his father, who held the WBO middleweight and WBC super-middleweight titles.

"Until I've become the youngest world champion or won more belts, I'll always be Nigel Benn's son," he said.

"Achieving more will be very hard."

Benn Jr has signed a deal with Matchroom Boxing, and his father is confident he can succeed - having "thrown the kitchen sink at him" in a sparring session.

The teenager said: "My dad didn't really want me to fight. He thought that I would give it a try and have it as a hobby, but it escalated really quickly.

"He said there were a million other things to do. But I have no choice but to fight because it's in me. It's what I want to do. I want to be the best."

Nigel Benn won 42 of his 48 bouts and twice fought Chris Eubank, whose son - also called Chris - won the British middleweight title on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He claims he had an absolute "War" of a sparring session with his dad Nigel and got the better of him, so much so that Nigel has refused to release the video footage

Just watched him on Sky Sports and he seems a nice kid and very down to earth and funny with it, i think he's gonna be hugely marketable and very popular with the man in the street just like his old man was.

Def one to watch

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He gets his own Matchroom press conference tomorrow to announce him turning pro.

He comes across like his dad (man of the people type), so will be a massive star if he can fight. However, he only had 20-odd amateur bouts with 1 KO. Looking at his sparring videos - the latest being with Ohara Davies - he best hope he's inherited his old mans chinning power.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information