Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    His flashy attitude and flashiness is a mirror image of a lot of the music he listens to. So a lot of the hate that he gets on Saddo, I feel has a tinge of racism
    Golovkin loves The White Stripes and Wlad the RHCP, so a lot of the hate they get on Saddo's, I feel has a tinge of racism against rock bands.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    I see floyds setup a fight with broner vs theopane band camp vs tmt lol
    Broner has issues with pressure and until he can deal with that with some kind of controlled offense he will continue to loose.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I feel like he gets bashed a lot because of his arrogance and constant comparison to Floyd. But if we pretend we never heard him talk, he's not all that bad a fighter. His only two losses came against great fighters in close fights. That being said, what do you think happens to him from this point on?
    I like Adrien Broner.

Look - He'll always be economical with his punches and inactivity will always be his downfall.

And the reason he'll never change that is because he has a subconscious fear of getting hit flush. It's like he is so concentrated on avoiding that one shot, that it affects his fluidity. You can see how awkwardly he reacts when those shots sneak in.

He tries too hard to live up to that Mayweather type defense, and it shadows the rest of his arsenal. He needs to fight with more confidence and embrace the rest of his capabilities as a fighter.

Playing the villain only works if you keep doleing out ass whoopings on the good guys, so people keep paying to see you lose. Once you get clearly beaten twice, there's not much more interest. Sure, he can have a Ricardo Mayorga/Zab Judah career, where he'll keep getting fights because he can sell a fight and it's always pleasing to see them get beat.

However, that can only get you so far and soon the promoters start using you as a gatekeeper for other rising fighters to build their name, in other words you'll get fed to the wolves for a pretty penny every fight.

His flashy attitude and flashiness is a mirror image of a lot of the music he listens to. So a lot of the hate that he gets on Saddo, I feel has a tinge of racism

He's an elite fighter and he has accomplished more as a professional fighter than 95% of fighters.

It's just that he's not better than all the other elite fighters. They babied him too much then put him against a lion like Maidana but having watched it back on YouTube. I really don't believe that was beat-down people say it was.
    The 'hate' as you call it is not really anything to do with Saddos, or him being black though. Check any boxing forum and I am pretty sure the antipathy will be quite universal. It's his attitude without the ability to back it up that makes him an object of ridicule. A lot of people have got a bit sick of Cotto's attitude towards the middleweight division but it has nothing to do with his nationality. There are enough high profile, high and under achieving black boxers for people to ridicule if it was just racism and that just doesn't generally happen here.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

Broner may not match up well with Mayweather in the skill department..... but he more than makes up for it in the jerk department.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Typical gifted athlete who feels he can get by on athletic ability without putting in the work and going beyond what is expected of you.

Thread Information