Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

I feel like he gets bashed a lot because of his arrogance and constant comparison to Floyd. But if we pretend we never heard him talk, he's not all that bad a fighter. His only two losses came against great fighters in close fights. That being said, what do you think happens to him from this point on?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I feel like he gets bashed a lot because of his arrogance and constant comparison to Floyd. But if we pretend we never heard him talk, he's not all that bad a fighter. His only two losses came against great fighters in close fights. That being said, what do you think happens to him from this point on?
    Porter is not great...yet.

Maidana is always an issue for any fighter(unless your first name is devon)

Broner is a good fighter but there is s major blueprint to beat him..apply pressure.

He can market himself very well but he needs to try changing trainer to improve on his flaws.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner will capture this next belt and make alot of money fighting and beating the throwaways at 140.

Expect him to back at 147 early 2017.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broner may not be Mayweather, but let's be fair....

Beaten by great fighters? That is funny, neither Porter or Maidens are great.

Put Broner in with Brooks, Thurman or Khan and he will beat by more greats.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not arrogance that has me bashing him. That's just icing. The fact that hes young, undisciplined and unwilling to get better has me bashing him. He cant keep the weight off in between fights, he has speed and athleticism and still he insists on hiding behind that silly shoulder and waiting for someone to giftwrap a counter opportunity rather than moving his F'n feet. He has enough speed athleticism and reflexes to be more creative and avoid more punches in the ring, but like his idol, tries to get away with doing the bare minimum.

*also the 2 losses dont include the people who think he lost to malignaggi.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't want to be bothered with basics and fundamentals, and overrates his own speed, power, athleticism, etc. The press is probably as much to blame, since they're quick to anoint the "next great one", and can easily inflate the ego of someone with the fragile psyche of Broner.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right, Broner is his own worst enemy! He deserves it! How can you defend a guy who can't keep his mouth closed and much that comes out of it is arrogant hogwash.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 08-29-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had him losing to Ponce De Leon and Fernando Quintero as well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Its not arrogance that has me bashing him. That's just icing. The fact that hes young, undisciplined and unwilling to get better has me bashing him. He cant keep the weight off in between fights, he has speed and athleticism and still he insists on hiding behind that silly shoulder and waiting for someone to giftwrap a counter opportunity rather than moving his F'n feet. He has enough speed athleticism and reflexes to be more creative and avoid more punches in the ring, but like his idol, tries to get away with doing the bare minimum.

It's good it doesn't include the people that think he lost to Malignaggi because those people are dilusional. But a real good argument can be made that he lost to Ponce.

As for him wasting his gifts, i agree entirely.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking obvious bullshat and not being heard is the same thing I honestly never saw Broner good enough to get the "you just don't like him because he has a big mouth" pass. Its become its own punchline and came off empty act. You have to at least win one of your major showcase fights and back up the gimmick and hype..then you get the haters.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Porter is not great...yet.

Maidana is always an issue for any fighter(unless your first name is devon)

Broner is a good fighter but there is s major blueprint to beat him..apply pressure.

He can market himself very well but he needs to try changing trainer to improve on his flaws.
    Devon held on for his life against maidana, almost as much as the big klit

Should have been dq'd
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post

So true.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is not even at the level of many of Mayweather's opponents. In fact you could make the case that he would be beaten by people not considered worthy to be in the ring with Floyd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see floyds setup a fight with broner vs theopane band camp vs tmt lol

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Adrien Broner.

Look - He'll always be economical with his punches and inactivity will always be his downfall.

And the reason he'll never change that is because he has a subconscious fear of getting hit flush. It's like he is so concentrated on avoiding that one shot, that it affects his fluidity. You can see how awkwardly he reacts when those shots sneak in.

He tries too hard to live up to that Mayweather type defense, and it shadows the rest of his arsenal. He needs to fight with more confidence and embrace the rest of his capabilities as a fighter.

Playing the villain only works if you keep doleing out ass whoopings on the good guys, so people keep paying to see you lose. Once you get clearly beaten twice, there's not much more interest. Sure, he can have a Ricardo Mayorga/Zab Judah career, where he'll keep getting fights because he can sell a fight and it's always pleasing to see them get beat.

However, that can only get you so far and soon the promoters start using you as a gatekeeper for other rising fighters to build their name, in other words you'll get fed to the wolves for a pretty penny every fight.

His flashy attitude and flashiness is a mirror image of a lot of the music he listens to. So a lot of the hate that he gets on Saddo, I feel has a tinge of racism

He's an elite fighter and he has accomplished more as a professional fighter than 95% of fighters.

It's just that he's not better than all the other elite fighters. They babied him too much then put him against a lion like Maidana but having watched it back on YouTube. I really don't believe that was beat-down people say it was.
    Last edited by denilson200; 09-10-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information