Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie McDonnell-Tomoki Kameda II - Sunday/SKY/CBS. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jamie McDonnell-Tomoki Kameda II - Sunday/SKY/CBS. Fact.

This is a Sunday afternoon show in the states (yes boxing on a sunday afternoon - err?) which means the UK get it primetime sunday night -- 9-11pm live on Sky Sports.

McDonnell is the most underrated fighter in Britain. Yet again this past weekend his form was upheld by Julio Ceja chinning Hugo Ruiz. British, Commonwealth, European, IBF, WBA and would have been WBO champion had Komeda not been stripped before their fight. Very disputed loss to Lee Haskins (if the fight was a 12 rounder Haskins would have been lucky to get to the line). But that's the now irrelevant past anyway.

Kameda's mob have immediately exercised the rematch clause so are obviously confident of turning the result around. Kameda has "home" advantage again.

McDonnell says he will win easier this time as he knows what to expect. Kameda - who believes he won last time - said he will win easier this time as he knows what to expect (plus has a new corner).

The first fight was close. McDonnell did well to comeback after getting dumped on his arse. I don't see why McDonnell can't replicate what he did in the first fight, beating Kameda with his jab, range and tremendous workrate. Although I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit like InJin Chi-Brodie II, where it wasn't the Brit that improved for the return (Kameda is certainly no Chi though).

Unsurprsingly the bookies make McDonnell the underdog.

Kameda - 4/6 (generally)
    McDonnell - 6/5

(no method of victory prices yet)
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-02-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This is a Sunday afternoon show in the states (yes boxing on a sunday afternoon - err?) which means the UK get it primetime sunday night -- 9-11pm live on Sky Sports.

McDonnell is the most underrated fighter in Britain. Yet again this past weekend his form was upheld by Julio Ceja chinning Hugo Ruiz. British, Commonwealth, European, IBF, WBA and would have been WBO champion had Komeda not been stripped before their fight. Very disputed loss to Lee Haskins (if the fight was a 12 rounder Haskins would have been lucky to get to the line). But that's the now irrelevant past anyway.

Kameda's mob have immediately exercised the rematch clause so are obviously confident of turning the result around. Kameda has "home" advantage again.

McDonnell says he will win easier this time as he knows what to expect. Kameda - who believes he won last time - said he will win easier this time as he knows what to expect (plus has a new corner).

The first fight was close. McDonnell did well to comeback after getting dumped on his arse. I don't see why McDonnell can't replicate what he did in the first fight, beating Kameda with his jab, range and tremendous workrate. Although I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit like InJin Chi-Brodie II, where it wasn't the Brit that improved for the return (Kameda is certainly no Chi though).

Unsurprsingly the bookies make McDonnell the underdog.

Kameda - 4/6 (generally)
    McDonnell - 6/5

(no method of victory prices yet)
    That was a good fight, the right guy won and I hope he can do it again!
    McDonnell is the underdog again because they believe Kameda was looking past McDonnell, which is always a mistake. We'll find out, I'm going to get most of my watering done early. Lol

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jamie McDonnell-Tomoki Kameda II - Sunday/SKY/CBS. Fact.

Josh Warrington v Joel Brunker : Commonwealth Featherweight title

Martin Murray v Jose Miguel Torres : WBA Inter-Continental Super-Middleweight title
    PLUS

Juergen Braehmer v Konni Konrad : WBA Light-Heavyweight world title
    Freiberger Arena, Dresden - Germany
    First Direct Arena, Leeds , Sky Sports 1 HD (19:30)

Jamie McDonnell v Tomoki Kameda : WBA Bantamweight title
    American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas , Sky Sports 5 (21:00)

Better than a ppv card.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm fighting Saturday too...fact

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Good luck! I think it's safe to say everyone here is pulling for you.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Cheers mate! Hope McDonnell wins again too and fights Quigg one day that would be a great fight.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Cheers mate! Hope McDonnell wins again too and fights Quigg one day that would be a great fight.
    Good luck Tam. I too hope McDonnell wins and saw the interview where he said he hopes to step up and fight Quigg at some point. It may only be a few pounds but I really think Quigg would take him to pieces. Very early stoppage. I know I am a huge Quigg fan and maybe not the most objective observer but quality, skills, power, are all in Scotts favour.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Brunker could beat Warrington. He just has no pop in his punches at all. With just over 5/1 available I think its worth a nibble. Not sure how the McDonnell fight will go but think McDonnel points at 15/8 is a bit big, cant see him stopping Kameda. Rubio v Dirrell looks an ok fight. Dirrell should have too much for him but not sure how strong he is mentally and might struggle bouncing back from a loss. Are sky showing that fight live too does anyone know?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dirrell/Rubio - Mcdonnell/Kameda - Comment From All Four Yesterday

ANTHONY DIRRELL“Training was great. No complaints. It was a fantastic camp, and all the hard work is done.
    “I know Rubio is a great fighter. He’s fought the big names, and he’s a great veteran. I’m excited to get in the ring with him.
    “I was flat last fight. No excuses. Everyone has their days. You can’t pick and choose, it just happens. Anybody that knows me knows that I don’t fight like that. It’s in the past, and I’m ready to fight Rubio.
    “I did some more sparring earlier in the camp, and that got me into a good rhythm. I’m sharp now, and our plan has worked great. Now it’s just about bringing it to the ring on fight day and putting on a show.
    “I’m looking to go out there and do what I do, which is send people to the doghouse. Whether it’s a statement or not, I just want the victory.”
    MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO
    “I have put all my effort into this training camp. We’re prepared to fight Dirrell. He’s tall; he’s strong, and he’s very difficult in the ring. I have prepared the way I was supposed to. I love the challenge of a tough opponent.
    “I was physically tired after my last fight after so many years in boxing. I always knew I would come back because boxing is my life. I’ve been working for five months to get back in shape, and I am in great shape.
    “It was hard to make 160 for the last two or three fights. I left too much in the sauna to make weight. But now at 168 I feel great. This won’t affect my punching power. It’s something new that I’m looking forward to.
    “I’ve had the right sparring partners this camp. I’m in good shape, and I definitely have the right strategy for this fight.
    “I am coming back at full strength. I see more big fights in the future. I feel great and ready to take on all other fighters.”
    JAMIE MCDONNELL
    “I’ve been working on some new techniques and I’m sure he will bring some new things to the table that I don’t expect, but I think I will be able to surprise him too.
    “I’ve been working on sitting on my punches and creating more power, but also a lot of work on my movement. Defense is important because I got tagged with that right hand that knocked me down last fight.
    “I just have to put it all together. On fight night, it will come together in the ring. I’m feeling fit, the best I’ve ever felt.
    “We’re looking forward to getting in there and making a statement this time. I want to make a real statement on the world stage. No close victory this time, I’m ready for the big boys.”
    TOMOKI KAMEDA
    “Everything in camp has been going well, and we know that we will be successful on Sunday night.
    “This time we have an even better plan than last time. I’m ready for my opponent’s style and anything he can bring to the ring.
    “I’ve studied McDonnell, and I know his weaknesses. We’re planning on taking him out this time. I won’t stop until I have the stoppage.
    “I thought I won last time, and I plan to prove that I am the better fighter and the best at my weight. It was very close, but this time my power and strategy will be too much for him.
    “We didn’t get the win last time, but I’m lucky to have this opportunity just a few months later on national TV. It’s a big fight for me, and I need to win.”

Dirrell: No excuses. I was flat in my last fight | Tha Boxing Voice
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Ed Robinson Sky are showing the Dirrell fight.

Both him and Rubio are coming back from shockers. Rubio was never gonna beat GGG but he was beat long before he got in the ring. If the move to 168 is a benefit for him then in basically 9 years he has just three losses - GGG, Pavlik and Chavez jr.

6/1 shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McDonnell and Kameda will both come prepared for this fight. I think it will be another close one. McDonnell may start faster this time but that could leave openings for Kameda. I see McDonnell repeating in another close decision.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dirrell/Rubio - Mcdonnell/Kameda - Comment From All Four Yesterday

Did these fight happen?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McDonnell won by KO in the 3rd round.

Dirrell won by DQ after Rubio's wife threw an empty corona bottle at him which caught him bang on the nose which needed immediate surgery to reset it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to the rematch, what a fight first time around! McDonnell is better than I gave him credit for.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think McDonnell is dominating here behind that jab

Thread Information