Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Briggs vs Klitchko - A few reason I believe they are setting it up!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Briggs vs Klitchko - A few reason I believe they are setting it up!

With all the hype surrounding the Cannon, I decide to make a thread detailing just why I believe they will fight sooner rather than later!

Or at least why I believe their confrontations to be false.

1. Shannon Briggs seems to know everything Klitschko does.
    I understand press conferences, it is obvious he is going to be at them. I can (a little less) understand why he knows where he is training. But where he is eating lunch? Where he is paddle boarding? I aint buying that.

2. They have an angle to promote the fight.
    Briggs lost to his brother, showcasing a cast iron chin on the process, so they have the whole revenge thing for Briggs.

3. Klitschko never down sells Briggs and has actually mentioned that "Maybe we fight".
    The one thing that has baffled me during this whole saga of interruptions, disturbances and scuffles is that I have yet to hear Klitschko say something like "Who the hell have you beaten in the last like 10 years?". Briggs is a bit past his best and his last notable name (and I use notable lightly) is Siarhei Liakhovich in TWO THOUSAND AND SIX, and I use words rather than number to emphasize.
    I mean really? Wlad should be like "you need to go fight at least 4 or 5 top 15/20 fighters and win impressively before I would even consider fighting you!". But I believe this is a build up to a fight between them (which I welcome) so it adds a bit more feeling of theater to it for me.

4. Benefiting from the fact that Klitschko has let this stuff effect him before.
    Maybe because of what happened with David Haye, Wlads team have thought of a plan to hype this fight using the same tactics.
    In the hoping that fans will maybe ignore the fact he is fighting an older guy with no notable fights in a decade and focus more on the fact that Wlad allowed himself to be dragged into a fight again. But ignoring the fact that Hayes antics got him absolutely nowhere until he had a world title!

-----

Just some thoughts on this whole thing. The little skits that they are involved in seem planned and if not rehearsed, at the very least planned improvisation.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Briggs vs Klitchko - A few reason I believe they are setting it up!

If Wlad is part of this farce then he should be ashamed of himself.

This would be a joke if Briggs does get a shot. At least Haye earned his fight against Wlad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Wlad is part of this farce then he should be ashamed of himself.

This would be a joke if Briggs does get a shot. At least Haye earned his fight against Wlad.
    Yeah, but I love briggs so FU lol.

Wlad vs Briggs is the next fight I wanna see!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only you would fall the bad acting and manufactured hype.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only you would fall the bad acting and manufactured hype.
    Not falling for anything, I'm calling them out. I'm a salesman by profession so I sell bullshit daily.

I could sell a snowman a sun bed so don't try to sell me a mismatch as a PPV fight cause I'll call bullshit instantly!

Briggs was my favorite HW and I am just happy he is out of retirement and looking for big fights, albeit in the wrong way!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Put Briggs in with Joshua and watch Shannon get retired.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Put Briggs in with Joshua and watch Shannon get retired.
    Briggs wud b his best test
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of inaccuracies already in this thread.

Haye didn't have to go get a title to fight Wlad, he was already offered repeatedly. He chose to take that fake title route. Remember the Sasquatch had already lost that title repeatedly, that's why I call it fake.

And Haye did not earn that fight. His heavyweight ledger is a joke. Haye sells tickets, that's why he got that fight. So I suppose in a financial sense he earned it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko is only starting to gain some traction. Take out the lost Leapai debacle and we have Povetkin, Pulev, Jennings and now Fury. Does he really want to go backwards when Wilder and all the trinkets are within reach? In saying that maybe a Briggs fight is a stay busy type bout before he gets Wilder in the ring.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post
    Klitschko is only starting to gain some traction. Take out the lost Leapai debacle and we have Povetkin, Pulev, Jennings and now Fury. Does he really want to go backwards when Wilder and all the trinkets are within reach? In saying that maybe a Briggs fight is a stay busy type bout before he gets Wilder in the ring.

Wilder within reach?

Wlad can fight any HW he wants, whenever he wants.

You say that like he struggles to get fights.... He doesn't, he opts to fight lower level.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs is a funny guy, and perhaps even Klitchsko thinks so.

The Surf incident was a bit low. A guy should be allowed to have his free time as he pleases.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Briggs is a funny guy, and perhaps even Klitchsko thinks so.

The Surf incident was a bit low. A guy should be allowed to have his free time as he pleases.
    Even that looked contrived. How did Briggs know where Wlad was surfing. The fall in the water looked real.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Wilder within reach?

You say that like he struggles to get fights.... He doesn't, he opts to fight lower level.
    Like fury?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Wilder within reach?

Like fury?
    Exactly like Fury.
    You say tomato,

Thread Information