Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBC on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    If you manage your weight properly, you aren't having to dehydrate yourself. Also, day before weigh ins encourage dangerous levels of dehydration. Fighters figure it is ok; they only have to make weight for a moment and then there is an advantage to be gained by dehydrating big. This "edge" encourages an insanely unhealthy approach to weight management.
    I know a guy that suffered a career ending knew injury wrestling a 165 pound guy in a junior welter fight. Joey Gamache suffered brain damage in a junior welter fight with a 162 pound Gatti.
    Rehydration clauses won't catch on. Who is going to start cancelling fights?
    Same day is the only way to go. If you feel right getting into the ring at 164, be a freaking middleweight. Don't call yourself a junior welter and think you are getting over.
    I agree that if you manage your weight properly you won't have to dehydrate yourself, but everyone is looking for an advantage.

What do you think is more realistic? They go back to same day weigh-ins or have a maximum re-hydration weight? I think having a maximum weight that a fighter can weigh on fight night would force fighters to fight closer to their natural weight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBC on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    My cousin and I are hoping Maciec will mess Centeno's hair up so we can see what will happen. Lol, he must have 12 ounces of styling jell on his hair. He's looking good!
    Centeno was looking pretty sharp, he had a pretty good size advantage but he was quick, and slick. I would think he won that fight anyone know the result? One to watch no doubt...and how about the Floyd prodigy Gervonta Davis, tank is a good nickname for the kid.

Thread Information