Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People couldn't wait for Floyd's retirement. I can't wait for Wlad's......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default People couldn't wait for Floyd's retirement. I can't wait for Wlad's......

What a f*cking chump. Couldn't even handle a cowardly dropout from the most anticipated HW fight in years with any amount of credibility. Rarely have I been as disappointed in a fight cancellation as I am with this one. A big HW gets up in his face with conviction, confidence, and bravado.... and the chump "pulls his calf". I guess that's Ukrainian for "took a dump in my shorts". Man... I was willing to watch this anticipated fight and hope for something good out of the HW division. Let the chips fall there they may. If Wlad KO'ed Fury... good... as long as Fury put up a good fight. If Fury KO'ed Wlad... even better. Maybe set up a rematch or something. But no. Yet another maddening cancellation to make a crappy division even more crappy.

Just retire already, Wlad. You're bound to run out of small, meek, sheep-like opponents who you can lean on and maul to your heart's content. Someone's bound to call your bluff, and make you remember those early career KO's you suffered. No need to ever expose your chin again. Just retire and go into politics with your brother.... and leave the division to the guys who WANT to fight.

Go away.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People couldn't wait for Floyd's retirement. I can't wait for Wlad's......

As frustrating as this has to be for Fury, I wouldn't let Wlad off the hook. I'd be calling him a coward at least once a day from now on. Ridicule him mercilessly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People couldn't wait for Floyd's retirement. I can't wait for Wlad's......

Let the memes begin!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been looking forward to wlads retirement for years
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, gotta give Wlad his due but enough is enough. The heavyweight division has been unexciting and holds little interest since his reign. Even if he does a Floyd and retires for a spell it will help boxing out.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad wants to play mind games with Fury and let his fire burn out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Wlad wants to play mind games with Fury and let his fire burn out.
    I don't think he wants to fight a clown who wears a Batman costume to a boxing presser!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care if he retires or not. There is no one up and coming that brings anything really to the table at this point. If you can't beat wlad then there's no hope for the division anyways.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Wlad vs. Povetkin match up totally turned me off.... from Wlad... that and the bums he has fought through his championship reign... but since he beat the breaks off of Pulev, Wlad showed me why he deserves to be champion!

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what exercise in the gym would "pull your calf"? So close to the fight night. That Batman costume sure had a "calf-like" effect, and so suddenly afterwards as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never been a big fan of Wlad but you guys have to be kidding me with the calf thing. He hurt his calf, why doubt him? Has anyone here ever had something so simple as a calf cramp? Injuries happen, it's not a big deal. The dude is 39 years old and has a ton of muscle, strains and injuries are going to happen and anything in the lower body (hamstring, groin etc) is going to linger. Would you rather him lose with an actual injury then be out for a long time (Pacquiao) after giving an underwhelming performance or just have a go when he's 100%

Again, I'm not a Wlad fan but you guys act like it's not possible for a calf to prevent you from fighting. That's absurd!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As bad as Wlad is, I don't really see how his retirement is going to improve anything.

It's not like he's standing in the way of a host of exciting, talented up and coming heavyweights who are about to take the world by storm.

It says it all when people are looking to a fairly ordinary, but hard hitting novice like Joshua as some kind of saviour.

At least with Wlad there's a guy who is far better than the rest of the chumps who fills the role of the natural champion. When he does retire some extremely ordinary heavyweights are going to be holding world titles and the situation will be even more depressing.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I've never been a big fan of Wlad but you guys have to be kidding me with the calf thing. He hurt his calf, why doubt him? Has anyone here ever had something so simple as a calf cramp? Injuries happen, it's not a big deal. The dude is 39 years old and has a ton of muscle, strains and injuries are going to happen and anything in the lower body (hamstring, groin etc) is going to linger. Would you rather him lose with an actual injury then be out for a long time (Pacquiao) after giving an underwhelming performance or just have a go when he's 100%

Again, I'm not a Wlad fan but you guys act like it's not possible for a calf to prevent you from fighting. That's absurd!

I think(as I just said in another thread) if this was an isolated thing nobody would question it. Given the luck Fury has had and the fact Wlad has pulled out before, along with this being right after a presser just makes this seem fishy. I think Wlad was going to win this fight easily and I'll buy his injury, but I do wish fighters were held accountable in this situation.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I don't really care if he retires or not. There is no one up and coming that brings anything really to the table at this point. If you can't beat wlad then there's no hope for the division anyways.
    Anthony Joshua appears to me to be as good as Lennox, prime Wlad of 2009 or anyone else (of course we won't know for sure until he faces some top 25 HWS).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Anthony Joshua appears to me to be as good as Lennox, prime Wlad of 2009 or anyone else (of course we won't know for sure until he faces some top 25 HWS).
    Based on what?

All he's done is faced a bunch of stiffs and hasn't even been hit.

The only thing you can say about Joshua is that he hits hard. He's not the first heavyweight with a big punch and he certainly doesn't have anything in common with Lennox Lewis.

Thread Information