Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Refereeing has gotten A LOT BETTER!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Refereeing has gotten A LOT BETTER!

.... Jack Reiss was again doing superb work as the Referee. Even the last few fights with Arthur Mercante Jr. were better from him, and we all know he had problems with regard to stopping fights in the past.

I have to say, ref's are now a little more instinctive as to how they are deciding to step in and stop fights.

Now, they aren't as protective as Ian-John Lewis, but it has been a little better with regard to stopping fights.

You agree?!?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Refereeing has gotten A LOT BETTER!

Did not see the fight why was he so good?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Did not see the fight why was he so good?
    Duhaupas started taking some hard shots in the 10th with more of the same in the 11th but just covering up and throwing nothing back in the 11th.
    The ref waited until the perfect time to stop it, I don't think you'll find many who will disagree.
    Duhaupas is a very tough guy, I'm wondering if he can he knocked off his feet. I saw the referee ask Duhaupas if he was all right several times before the 11th. Wilder was hitting him with everything he had.
    It's good to know Wilder can get the stoppages later in his fights.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Reiss was in Duhaupas face every time he went on the offensive, telling him he was hitting behind the head when he threw perfectly legal punches, breaking his momentum.

However, Reiss ignored Wilder's numerous punches to the back of Duhaupas' head.

Reiss is one of the worst referees in boxing - he always supports one boxer over another (sides with the event promoter's boxer). Reiss is very similar to Ian John-Lewis in the UK.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    .... Jack Reiss was again doing superb work as the Referee. Even the last few fights with Arthur Mercante Jr. were better from him, and we all know he had problems with regard to stopping fights in the past.

I have to say, ref's are now a little more instinctive as to how they are deciding to step in and stop fights.

Now, they aren't as protective as Ian-John Lewis, but it has been a little better with regard to stopping fights.

You agree?!?
    I cant agree. He seemed to be looking, almost edging for a reason to stop it the moment the Frenchman got a nose bleed. He almost got a little frantic when it was clear the guy had a Kid Gavilan chin. The announcing team was horrendous and the ref cams are silly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It always amazes me, and I'm not criticizing anyone here, how boxing fans can see fights and what goes on in the ring so differently at times!
    What seems plain as day to one person is seen as something entirely different by another!
    That's all I'm going to say because I know it's a waste of time to try to change minds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Jack Reiss was in Duhaupas face every time he went on the offensive, telling him he was hitting behind the head when he threw perfectly legal punches, breaking his momentum.

However, Reiss ignored Wilder's numerous punches to the back of Duhaupas' head.

Reiss is one of the worst referees in boxing - he always supports one boxer over another (sides with the event promoter's boxer). Reiss is very similar to Ian John-Lewis in the UK.

Without doubt Reiss was in there to help Wilder I agree he seems to pick his favorites
    But in Tuscaloosa Alabama it would take a very brave or cray ref to caution Wilder in front of that crowd
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Lewis up to his usual shite on Saturday night. No idea how they can still let him in a ring. Useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    It always amazes me, and I'm not criticizing anyone here, how boxing fans can see fights and what goes on in the ring so differently at times!
    What seems plain as day to one person is seen as something entirely different by another!
    That's all I'm going to say because I know it's a waste of time to try to change minds.
    Totally agree. I watched the fight yesterday on youtube and found the stoppage was exactly right. The ref was ok. Not a problem at all really. Those of you complaining about the ref are really exaggerating.

Thread Information