Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lucas Matthysse-Viktor Postol - Sat/HBO/BN. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Matthysse-Viktor Postol - Sat/HBO/BN. Fact.

Ok, but Chavez Jr deserves flack because he doesn't make the weights, or uses PEDs to do so and fucks around the contracts at the last minute etc. Postol is just tall for his division. If Thomas Hearns were fighting today would people slag him off for fighting at welter? Did people knock Paul Williams for it? Just seems dumb, making weight is making weight, any fighter is free to move down if they are capable of it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not logical to bash someone for being big for the weight if they aren't cheating to make weight or failing to make weight. Just sounds like sour grapes.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm split on rehydration clauses but no fighter should blow up 20 lbs next day, its unsafe and unprofessional I believe. Not that Postol did but an additional size advantage is just that. Then again..a guy could be drying out at a disadvantage and coming in with lbs of unsettled wash and junk food can and has backfired. Hindsights 20-20 but truth is Postol was given more than a chance prior and style wise he proved more than capable. Its a nightmare style

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care that Matthysse quit (He said he went blind. Fair enough mate) but to me he seemed to quit around the 7th round. He couldn't deal with Postol's range. To get past a jab like that then get smashed with right hands and constantly tied up must be sickening.

Matthysee should probably call it a day. Postol proved himself to be one of the top dogs of the division. Nice.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, you could tell Lucas was just hating life in the last few rounds, and he was getting more and more hurt by the same punches he had been taking ok. He probably could have gotten up but I can't call that quitting at all, Postol really broke him down.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm split on rehydration clauses but no fighter should blow up 20 lbs next day, its unsafe and unprofessional I believe. Not that Postol did but an additional size advantage is just that. Then again..a guy could be drying out at a disadvantage and coming in with lbs of unsettled wash and junk food can and has backfired. Hindsights 20-20 but truth is Postol was given more than a chance prior and style wise he proved more than capable. Its a nightmare style

Exactly my thoughts on the matter, although admittedly if it was within the rules then it was within the rules. I never begrudged Hearns his size advantage... and I'm not gonna begrudge Postol's. Chavez Jr. is something else altogether, though. He cheats, bends the rules, and does whatever he can to outweigh his opponent by 30 pounds at fight time..... probably to make up for his total lack of skill and dedication.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I think we need to give some props to garcia.

Garcia is always the underdog and outclassed lucas completely.
    he beat lucas but that was a 7-5 fight and lucas wasnt outclassed in that one, tonight tho he was, postol is either one bad motherfo...or lucas has gone way downhill and i think its the former
    Garcia beat lucas clearly but the beating he took yesterday was worse.

Everyone expects danny to loose but the better quality opponent the better danny performs.

Everyone is trying to make lucas into this beast again but he can't pull that beast mode off against a certain style..GGG will run into the same issue if he ever fights ward

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jabbbed to death....literally

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, watching this fight now. Holy cow, I'm familiar with Postol so I didn't expect a blowout. Postol took Lucas away. When the hell does Lucas not get up. Shit, I feel bad for Lucas but he was completely dominated. Very upset but props to Postol. I'll need to go back and read this thread see if you guys were surprised as I was.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gutted Matthysse lost, but to be fair he was being rabbit punching scum all night.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I was gutted Matthysse lost, but to be fair he was being rabbit punching scum all night.
    Caught that, I agree, those back of the head shots are dangerous and I hate to see them myself. Some of it was Postol holding but a lot were Lucas frustration. I was dumbfounded how well Postol had Lucas number. What do the Roach haters say now.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Caught that, I agree, those back of the head shots are dangerous and I hate to see them myself. Some of it was Postol holding but a lot were Lucas frustration. I was dumbfounded how well Postol had Lucas number. What do the Roach haters say now.
    Didn't the ref stop the rabbit punching?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Didn't the ref stop the rabbit punching?
    It only seemed to stop the last round or two of the fight when Lucas was totally disheartened and could no longer get in close.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    It's not logical to bash someone for being big for the weight if they aren't cheating to make weight or failing to make weight. Just sounds like sour grapes.
    Agreed. These things need to be viewed on a case by case basis under the present rules. This is simply not the same as what Jr pulled. Perhaps they should have rehydration clauses if they are not going to reinstall same day weigh ins?

Trouble is, highlight reels pay the bills. Its a KNOCKOUT or bust era and still a blood sucking ppv one. The majority of purchasers don't even follow the sport and have low attention spans. Boxing is more about the business then it is about the boxing and the weight shifting is a major part and cause of their coin revenue.

Ps- It is sanctioned cheating. So are catchweights for title fights when the champ has to melt for a challenger especially. Again because of that coin.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 10-08-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, watching this fight now. Holy cow, I'm familiar with Postol so I didn't expect a blowout. Postol took Lucas away. When the hell does Lucas not get up. Shit, I feel bad for Lucas but he was completely dominated. Very upset but props to Postol. I'll need to go back and read this thread see if you guys were surprised as I was.
    It rated a 'holy cow'? Man I got to see it, hopefully this weekend.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information